ADVERTISEMENT

Cutter Boley

What are UK's chances of landing Cutter Boley ?
I haven't seen any predictions, but mine was 75-25. Reported, right here, on this site, that his parents have always been UK fans and they attend games here. His family moves him from LaRue Co to LCA. He has been to a lot of games here. But then he messes it all up and gets a hankering to go visit UT. I mean, what growing up UK fan visits UT? So now mine is 50-50 but that is just me, a nobody. He is definitely a cut above most QB's and can shred a defense apart.

Last edited:
Think everyone needs to take a step back. This is a 2025 recruit. No one is offering money to a 25 recruit yet. There is a long way to go for both his recruitment and his actual playing ability.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Think everyone needs to take a step back. This is a 2025 recruit. No one is offering money to a 25 recruit yet. There is a long way to go for both his recruitment and his actual playing ability.
I don't know, an outsider evaluated him in full detail and in a short version of it he is a guy that can make all the throws with touch and has great decision making ability.

I don't know, an outsider evaluated him in full detail and in a short version of it he is a guy that can make all the throws with touch and has great decision making ability.
Which is great and we should recruit full tilt. Just more responding to those freaking out about him taking a visit to UT and $$$ stuff. It’s going to be a long process till 2025 recruits sign

I haven't seen any predictions, but mine was 75-25. Reported, right here, on this site, that his parents have always been UK fans and they attend games here. His family moves him from LaRue Co to LCA. He has been to a lot of games here. But then he messes it all up and gets a hankering to go visit UT. I mean, what growing up UK fan visits UT? So now mine is 50-50 but that is just me, a nobody. He is definitely a cut above most QB's and can shred a defense apart.
Pretty sure Tim Couch did.

Hendon Hooker would likely have won the Heisman had he not gotten injured, that offense put up ridiculous numbers and beat Alabama, and people are wondering why a QB would visit UT? LmAO!

I'd have to wonder just a little if he DIDN'T visit.

Hendon Hooker would likely have won the Heisman had he not gotten injured, that offense put up ridiculous numbers and beat Alabama, and people are wondering why a QB would visit UT? LmAO!

I'd have to wonder just a little if he DIDN'T visit.
True, but even after all that, he won't get drafted close to Levis. It's a pass gimmick scheme, that doesn't translate well to the NFL, so it'll be attractive to some, but mature prospects with good advisors will likely give more weight to developing in an offense that gets them more prepared for draft day.

True, but even after all that, he won't get drafted close to Levis. It's a pass gimmick scheme, that doesn't translate well to the NFL, so it'll be attractive to some, but mature prospects with good advisors will likely give more weight to developing in an offense that gets them more prepared for draft day.
True that. I don't follow the NFL closely, just how many NFL QBs has Chumlee produced?

Really don't think TN will be UK's chief competition for this player. Do like UK's chances as long as Coen doesn't get rabbit in his blood. Long way to go.

True that. I don't follow the NFL closely, just how many NFL QBs has Chumlee produced?

Really don't think TN will be UK's chief competition for this player. Do like UK's chances as long as Coen doesn't get rabbit in his blood. Long way to go.
I don't know a lot about the kid, at this point, but I've heard him speak and it's clear his parents made a business decision(ie kid's future football aspirations) to move to Lexington, so they would appear to be making thoughtful decisions. He'll have his pick of where he wants to go, but it'll be hard to lure him away from KY, when he can look at the Tim Couch blueprint. Couch came to a shitty UK program, elevated it to mediocrity+ and got drafted #1. The UK football program is far beyond that former iteration, so if he is a similar talent, then he and his family have to consider the ramifications of a "KY boy stays home and leads UK to the SEC title" type stories. He would supplant Couch as all-time QB1 even if the NFL didn't work out long term.

This is true but Boley plays in a high school gimmick offense too. Which begs the question of what he projects to in college. He appears to have ability but there’s likely going to be some competition questions as he goes along before coming out. But assuming he sticks with his plan to go to a prep school his senior year of high school those will be answered at a later date. He reclassified a few years ago and was originally a 2024

NFL does *not* like Briles-like system as Knoxville runs. Why, the QB literally only reads 50% of the field each play, while on the other side the WRs sometimes don't even bother running routes. Hooker ain't going to be liked by draft analysis at all.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Why did I think Clemson was his dream team and he was holding out for an offer from them?

I don't know a lot about the kid, at this point, but I've heard him speak and it's clear his parents made a business decision(ie kid's future football aspirations) to move to Lexington, so they would appear to be making thoughtful decisions. He'll have his pick of where he wants to go, but it'll be hard to lure him away from KY, when he can look at the Tim Couch blueprint. Couch came to a shitty UK program, elevated it to mediocrity+ and got drafted #1. The UK football program is far beyond that former iteration, so if he is a similar talent, then he and his family have to consider the ramifications of a "KY boy stays home and leads UK to the SEC title" type stories. He would supplant Couch as all-time QB1 even if the NFL didn't work out long term.
I’m not sure it can be banked on that he’s a stay at home guy. His sister has gone away for her basketball career and the day he was interviewed about transferring to lca he said he was going to be there a couple years then transfer to a prep school. So, to your point, they seem more interested in doing what needs to be done and not just mailing it in due to a ‘home state’ pull. And that being said, I’m not sure that he’s even no 1 on uk’s board in his class at this moment.

NFL does *not* like Briles-like system as Knoxville runs. Why, the QB literally only reads 50% of the field each play, while on the other side the WRs sometimes don't even bother running routes. Hooker ain't going to be liked by draft analysis at all.

And more specifically to hooker: he's already 23 iirc.

If Coen is still OC when he attends college I like UK's chances.
Me too but I don’t think that’s super likely. Boley’s freshman year would be Coen 2.0’s third year here. Even then, few play their true freshman year so his first year playing would be Coen 2.0’s fourth year here. That seems unlikely. Doesn't mean we won’t get him but I think if we do it won’t be because of Coen.

Reactions: JrandoUK
Levis is getting drafted on measurables. His literal genetics. Which UK and it’s staff had nothing to do with. If they went by his stats, the XFL wouldn’t even call him.

Levis is getting drafted IN THE FIRST ROUND on measurables.

I fixed that for you. His measurables certainly make him a much more interesting NFL prospect. But his production likely would have gotten him drafted, just not in the first round.

Which UK and it’s staff had nothing to do with.

That just isn't the truth. Football is a team sport. Levis played two seasons on bowl teams. Those teams, including Levis himself, benefitted from development and coaching. That doesn't mean everything went perfectly.

Kiper recently said that Levis was the most intriguing QB in terms of physical qualities. He talked like that would get him drafted very early. Which surprised me because Levis decision making, pocket presence and turnovers are issues he would have to improve immensely on to play in the pro's.

I fixed that for you. His measurables certainly make him a much more interesting NFL prospect. But his production likely would have gotten him drafted, just not in the first round.

That just isn't the truth. Football is a team sport. Levis played two seasons on bowl teams. Those teams, including Levis himself, benefitted from development and coaching. That doesn't mean everything went perfectly.
And the Colts will absolutely love having New Zack Wilson.

• Haha
Reactions: Ky grandpa
There is stupid, then there is Knoxville stupid. Sure kid, an NFL franchise is gonna waste a high 1st at the qb position just based on physical measurements.
Are you new to pro sports? If it’s not his physical measurements, what’s it based on? Hopefully not his stats.

ADVERTISEMENT