ADVERTISEMENT

Crystal Ball on 247 is exploding with UK predictions

Xavier Peters, Terez Traynor and DeAndre Square getting a lot of picks to Kentucky.

Exciting. Could bump our class in the Top 15 if we land these three.

Peters/Square would be one helluva additions to a future UK D.

Reactions: K-GAR
Tucky, Bell County guy here. I believe you love football as much as I do. Thanks for all your great post. They are appreciated.
Hey, JC.

Always nice too see another Bell County native in here.

I'm just doing what I love and following the program that I love.

After watching an interview with Peters when he was really blowing up, I thought there was very little chance of him picking UK. Glad that appears to have been a wrong conclusion.

Reactions: sr404 and K-GAR
Despite what they will do to our ratings, I feel that all 3 Peters (5.7), Square (5.7), and Traynor (5.5) are all underrated players right now. Especially the way I interest in each has been shooting through the roof on each of the 3 players.

Square and Peters are 4*'s in my book and Traynor is AT LEAST a 5.7 from what little I have seen of him. Square and Traynor are coming on late which may explain their ratings, but Peters has been playing like a top 250 4* since we started recruiting him ages ago.

I would be EXCITED AS HELL to land all 3!

Reactions: UKCatnNC
Despite what they will do to our ratings, I feel that all 3 Peters (5.7), Square (5.7), and Traynor (5.5) are all underrated players right now. Especially the way I interest in each has been shooting through the roof on each of the 3 players.

Square and Peters are 4*'s in my book and Traynor is AT LEAST a 5.7 from what little I have seen of him. Square and Traynor are coming on late which may explain their ratings, but Peters has been playing like a top 250 4* since we started recruiting him ages ago.

I would be EXCITED AS HELL to land all 3!

I don't think Peters and Square would hurt our ratings at all, in fact when I checked a couple days ago our class average was exactly a 5.7. And as far as Traynor goes, if our coaches think he is good enough that is enough for me, would be nice to improves our ranking but our coaches have proved they know talent, especially underrated players.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
I feel very confident Peters will get the 4* bump. Square will have a shot but even if not 5.7 is still good. I could see Traynor maybe moving up to 5.6

It was 3* ATH/WR Terez Traynor from Louisville Doss HS. Supposedly he committed to the coaches but wanted to visit with his mom (I think today) before making it public. Im guessing he makes it public by this weekend.

My point was, despite what their rankings say, these 3 players are EXCELLENT and would be great pickups for UK even if the were ranked as 2* recruits. A class full of similar players will help UK reach the next level that we all want to see happen. Rankings do a poor job at recognizing late bloomers like Square and Traynor.

In Stoops I trust. Looking like another EXCELLENT class is coming together. The type of class that takes you from 6-7 wins to 8-9 wins after spending years of consecutive such recruiting classes.

This program continues to rise. With Stoops continuing to recruit at such a high level, improvement will continue every year. Everything MUST be done to keep CMS in Lexington and happy. We are building a real football program at a fast rate.

Watching the SJ, Snell, and Bowden show on offense this year will be awesome and to add that to such a highly regarded defense? Going to be another good year. 9-4 after a bowl win wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Hack
Trayner may get bumped to a four star-----as soon as Bama offers.

Makes me wonder if the staff has instituted a proactive stance on this issue. Like when a kid is committing, warning him that Bama will be calling soon . . . . and I'm being serious.

I would think the conversation would be more general, like, "we know we spotted you early, and others will be talking to you."

Makes me wonder if the staff has instituted a proactive stance on this issue. Like when a kid is committing, warning him that Bama will be calling soon . . . . and I'm being serious.

I would think the conversation would be more general, like, "we know we spotted you early, and others will be talking to you."
I expect this is exactly the approach. Doing so only exhibits confidence in the recruit, and one's own capability to recognize talent. As a recruit, you must feel better dealing with a coaching staff that says "Hey, we know we're good at this, and so do other people." It should give a kid some confidence that he won't be joining a weakling roster, or playing for a group of timid fools for coaches, who are only hoping they can hide him.

ADVERTISEMENT