ADVERTISEMENT

Crowdfunding Cal’s buyout

Wonky

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
Guys,

First let me say that I am a LONG time lurker on Rafters. I’ve been reading this board for probably 17-18 years. Never registered until now. Just wanted to preface this post with that so people don’t pile on me for this, or any other post I may make, because of my low post count (seen that happen a lot on here over the years)

Just wondering about the feasibility of this versus hoping a Joe Craft or someone else with super deep pockets will bail us out of this mess Mitch has put us in. BBN is huge, and many of us used to spend a lot of money on tickets and travel to watch the Cats.

Hypothetical question... how much $ would you pony up right now to see Cal gone? I’m lower middle class with a wife and child, and I’d still probably kick in at least $500 at this point.

Guys,

First let me say that I am a LONG time lurker on Rafters. I’ve been reading this board for probably 17-18 years. Never registered until now. Just wanted to preface this post with that so people don’t pile on me for this, or any other post I may make, because of my low post count (seen that happen a lot on here over the years)

Just wondering about the feasibility of this versus hoping a Joe Craft or someone else with super deep pockets will bail us out of this mess Mitch has put us in. BBN is huge, and many of us used to spend a lot of money on tickets and travel to watch the Cats.

Hypothetical question... how much $ would you pony up right now to see Cal gone? I’m lower middle class with a wife and child, and I’d still probably kick in at least $500 at this point.
At this moment Id give $500 and be willing to freeze my nuts off for a few weeks without heat.

Long time lurker= troll

Sorry bud whether true or not your first post was to start a crowd fund to fire Cal. Gotta slowly Work your way in can’t come with the heat out of the gate.

Doesn’t bother me any. Some don’t like any heat on this board regardless who is posting it.

Reactions: ULISwuzPointGod
And we still haven't had a bad 1st round tournament loss. Unlike damn near every other team
1200px-Robert_Morris_Colonials_wordmark.svg.png

Doesn’t bother me any. Some don’t like any heat on this board regardless who is posting it.

I don’t mind the heat Cal should be feeling plenty right now. It’s just kinda one of those things if it’s not a real Uk fan posting it then it’s different. Like you can’t make fun of my brother only I can make fun of him type deal.

In the end I honestly DGAS.

Reactions: RunninRichie
No way to raise that much cash through crowdsourcing for something that isn’t charitable and has no return on investment. Further, we should let Barnhart feel the pain instead of bailing him out with crowdsourcing. Barnhart gave Cal the ridiculous lifetime contract. Let him figure out the solution or get fired.

Don't spend your money on this fool. A couple years of the tubby treatment and he'll be rolling out of here with the quickness.

Cal's been stealing UKs money this year. I'm not giving him one thin dime.

That’s kind of my point though Ferg. While I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment, he’s just going to continue stealing it if something isn’t done. He doesn’t hold himself accountable, and his boss doesn’t either. So who will?

Many things in this life give me more joy than Kentucky basketball. But it is something very dear to me... something I hold sacred, passed down in my family and in the families of most I know. After 2015 Wisconsin, Cal started saying “you can’t steal my joy”. Well coach, you’ve stolen mine. You’ve taken something that’s been a hobby and a tradition for about 32 of my 37 years and made it a laughingstock. And I’m not just talking about this season, or our record, or politics... It’s been a downward trend for a while. Not just bad losses and no offensive gameplan, but a cultural shift that his left this program unrecognizable.

A simple apology, taking responsibility, and resolving to change would do wonders. Cal is above all that. I’m not above anything or anybody, and neither are the vast majority of UK fans. We’d appreciate the same in a coach, I think.

Why not donate your money to a charity? There are many people and animals that would be appreciative.

Lol , I was doing the math in my head about 3 hours ago , how many 1000s or million Ky fans do we need to get to raise 52 million .. honestly we raise 25 the school raises 25 ... bye bye biotch

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Gotta crowd fund to get rid of Mitch Barnhart first. Barnhart sat around let another decline of UK basketball happen under his watch and gave Cal a life time contract. getting rid of him is priority 1

The great irony to me is that UCLA is the school that scared Mitch into giving Cal a lifetime contract. This after Cal in his INTRODUCTORY PRESS CONFERENCE upon being hired stated that his goal was to catch UCLA in titles. If I was Mitch I would have told him don’t let the door hit your @$$ on the way out. It would be insulting for Cal to even consider that job after making that statement to the fan base, much less using it as leverage for a ridiculous contract after failing to live up to it.

P.T. Barnum/Calipari, keeps blaming everyone but himself. This is a joke. It's become so clear that he is a miserable coach and is just raping the people of Kentucky. 10 million a year and our players are not coached well enough to preform a proper screen???? The man is a grifter.

😂....and I didn’t think our fans could fall any further off the deep end. I should have known better.

Last edited:
Fwiw I was not serious about fans raising money for a buyout .. it’s message board hilarity after yet another embarrassing loss

At this point I think it’s obvious that Cal over sold his interest in the UCLA job in order to con Mitch and UK out of more money. He knows Mitch is an idiot and if he faked interest in the UCLA job, Mitch would give him anything he wanted to stay. Fast forward to today and now we have Cal on this horrible season and he has zero accountability and everyone knows that Mitch doesn’t have any power over Cal. He knows any attempt to scare him is a bluff because the school is nowhere close to affording his buyout.

What is rayroder(spelling??) known for around here?

In which parking lot can you buy jerseys?

Where was Moses Globaly from?

If you can't answer at least 2, then you're an imposter.

ADVERTISEMENT