ADVERTISEMENT

Cristian Conyer crystal balled

Damn. The infamous Fong bomb. At least it’s not high confidence level. Hope he’s wrong.

They must have been passing out McDonalds bags with food and other nice things
A year's subscription to the mustard-of-the-month club. Sure, it's all French's brand from August to January, but it's something. Unc, that's the gift that keeps on giving allll year long.

They must have been passing out McDonalds bags with food and other nice things
Hey good for them. But we here at the university of Mitch Almighty are above that and will never get on board. Even if it means going back to the bottom of the SEC. Now keep those top buttons buttoned my fellow Cat fans. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: bassmaster_vol
Chad Simmons just flipped his prediction from UK to UT as well. Still six days to go though

Hey good for them. But we here at the university of Mitch Almighty are above that and will never get on board. Even if it means going back to the bottom of the SEC. Now keep those top buttons buttoned my fellow Cat fans. 🙄
We just won a NYD bowl game against a team that was ranked #2 in the nation at one time last fall, and Stoops did it without five of his starters. Our quarterback is a future high NFL draft choice. Nearly every rag is predicting we will challenge Georgia in the east.

All of your posts have the same depressing theme, but you never offer any evidence. If you do not like the administration, you have succeeded in getting that message across. No need to be redundant about it unless you have something new. The rest of us are getting ready to enjoy another great season.

We just won a NYD bowl game against a team that was ranked #2 in the nation at one time last fall, and Stoops did it without five of his starters. Our quarterback is a future high NFL draft choice. Nearly every rag is predicting we will challenge Georgia in the east.

All of your posts have the same depressing theme, but you never offer any evidence. If you do not like the administration, you have succeeded in getting that message across. No need to be redundant about it unless you have something new. The rest of us are getting ready to enjoy another great season.
Its not the administration Spect . . . for some reason Mitch's character, class and faith threaten some folks - that's all it is. Makes it impossible for them to see all the success we've had under his leadership.

Its not the administration Spect . . . for some reason Mitch's character, class and faith threaten some folks - that's all it is. Makes it impossible for them to see all the success we've had under his leadership.
Thank you! Mitch is an administrator and a department head. But you are right for sure. I am just saying this guy has already made his opinion clear a number of times. Nothing is gained by repeating it yet again. Not saying he can't express his opinion. I can express mine too. It sickens me when competent university officials are unfairly impuned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Girthang

Mitch is that you.

• Haha
Reactions: Rottido and rye48
He’s going to Kentucky. All of these so called swamis think they have the inside scoop because they talked to a guy who talked to another guy who said his cousin told him. Kentucky kid, won’t say no to the Big Dawg.

He’s going to Kentucky. All of these so called swamis think they have the inside scoop because they talked to a guy who talked to another guy who said his cousin told him. Kentucky kid, won’t say no to the Big Dawg.
As much as I hate it, I believe he's picking the vawls......they have the recruiting momentum and NIL offers that UK doesn't right now. He gone.....

You talking about the same Mitch Almighty that had the balls to recognize a really good football coach and give him time to excell. The same man in charge that his athletic department that finished 9th in the country. You must have some sort of agenda or just can't see past your nose because most of the nation's administrators understand what a outstanding job he's done at a University with limited resources compared to all the big boys.

You talking about the same Mitch Almighty that had the balls to recognize a really good football coach and give him time to excell. The same man in charge that his athletic department that finished 9th in the country. You must have some sort of agenda or just can't see past your nose because most of the nation's administrators understand what a outstanding job he's done at a University with limited resources compared to all the big boys.
Joker?

Exactly, I just think it's hard to curse an AD who has done what he has done for UK. Lots, most in fact would have fired CMS very early. The minor sports at UK are flourishing. I would swap ADs in a New York minute. UGA's last AD made one hire that worked out, Kirby, and he had no choice, he wanted Mullen.

Maybe UT screws up and serves up the cash with a Filet O' Fish value meal? Kid must be holding out for Quarter with Cheese, right?

• Haha
Reactions: BlueInTheBoro
Mitch is that you.
No, sorry. I am an interventional radiologist living in northeast Florida. But you are an agenda poster who shows your ignorance of UK sports with every post.

I graduated from UK, and I am proud of my school. I have no idea where you got your anti-Athletics Department agenda, but you don't know what you are talking about.

You know more than us normies, but Wiltfong picked UT and he's hardly wrong. I hope Jrow is the one whose right tho. He hasn't changed his futurecast...yet.
No I don’t know a thing. I just think he will pick the in state school for the NIL he can get.

You know more than us normies, but Wiltfong picked UT and he's hardly wrong. I hope Jrow is the one whose right tho. He hasn't changed his futurecast...yet.
The CB picks on Conyer keep switching back and forth between Kentucky and UT. The last switch back to UT occurred immediately after his visit to Knoxville, suggesting they probably upped their NIL offer while he was there. If it is simply a bidding contest now, he might pick UT tomorrow. But I do not underestimate Vince Marrow. Conyer had a great time in Lexington recently, so we will find out if Marrow can close.

Justin Rowland has a new article out, pumping up the real and symbolic significance of Conyer's decision. I almost always agree with Rowland, but not this time. Conyer is Rivals' top ranked football prospect in Kentucky. It would be nice to sign him. But when was the last time you saw a 170# starting safety in the SEC? Wherever he goes, Conyer will need lots of development.

Conyer is not even at the top of Kentucky's list of safeties for the class. That would be Avery Stuart, JaKeem Jackson, and Jeremiah Anglin. So let's not kid ourselves. It would be disappointing to lose Conyer, but Conyer is not make or break. Losing him would bring butt ache for people convinced we have to dominate recruiting inside the state every year. But Kentucky has a chance to sign better players who are more ready.

UT got his last visit. That is usually a good indicator of where the commitment will go. In this case, neither choice would surprise me.

The CB picks on Conyer keep switching back and forth between Kentucky and UT. The last switch back to UT occurred immediately after his visit to Knoxville, suggesting they probably upped their NIL offer while he was there. If it is simply a bidding contest now, he might pick UT tomorrow. But I do not underestimate Vince Marrow. Conyer had a great time in Lexington recently, so we will find out if Marrow can close.

Justin Rowland has a new article out, pumping up the real and symbolic significance of Conyer's decision. I almost always agree with Rowland, but not this time. Conyer is Rivals' top ranked football prospect in Kentucky. It would be nice to sign him. But when was the last time you saw a 170# starting safety in the SEC? Wherever he goes, Conyer will need lots of development.

Conyer is not even at the top of Kentucky's list of safeties for the class. That would be Avery Stuart, JaKeem Jackson, and Jeremiah Anglin. So let's not kid ourselves. It would be disappointing to lose Conyer, but Conyer is not make or break. Losing him would bring butt ache for people convinced we have to dominate recruiting inside the state every year. But Kentucky has a chance to sign better players who are more ready.

UT got his last visit. That is usually a good indicator of where the commitment will go. In this case, neither choice would surprise me.
Yeah, I think Rowland got carried away with hyperbole, probably after hits. In fairness to him perception is the better part of valor. But...who knows where the guy ends up? I suspect Wiltfong is pandering to the garbage throwing TN fan who is a subscriber to his service. We'll find out soon and while I'll be disappointed if Conyer opts for TN it won't define this class.

I have to agree with JR 100% on the article in question. Conyer is a good, not great prospect IMO. I do not think he is the best prospect in the state. But, the optics of this recruitment is what looms large for Kentucky. That's why this is a big one and we'll find out in about 24 hours.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT