ADVERTISEMENT

Crews Law, Nashville LB, 2024.

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
There’s a story about him on subscription.

I just love the name.

Ranks up there with Lawyer Tillman (Auburn, 1988-89).

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I didn’t read the article, but he has visited more than once, apparently. He’s a 5.7, 3 Star, and middle Tennessee, so he’s in our recruiting wheelhouse!

Love getting that middle Tennessee connection flowing into our program.. .. It has been strong for us!!

I won’t get into details but I am familiar with that area, that school, and that kid. That school plays physical football and is coached by former UF and Furman QB Ingle Martin.

They win and compete against the best teams in the state each year. I think they had a mediocre record this year because they lost a ton they had to replace and they also played 7 top 20 teams across all schools including 4 of the top 6 including no 1 twice. They aren’t in the largest private division it is one notch below but they play everybody they can in the non conference public or private. Kids brother plays baseball at Vandy and he was the qb at the school last season. They have multiple p5 guys and believe we have offered o lineman John Wayne Oliver, all name team….as well as Michigan, etc. It is a tough nosed pro style football philosophy there. It’s also a good school with high character expectation. Crews diagnoses plays quickly and plays downhill and physical. He has always been that way even back in middle school when I first saw him. Kids from that school are typically just raw workers. I also know Stoops has a loose connection with a father of a graduated kid there so I think they’ve been turned on to that school for a few seasons now. Couple other kids we offered there went elsewhere including the Patterson kid who stayed home to play at Vandy this year because his brother transferred back from Clemson to play together.

That school essentially ran that division until Trent Dilfer went to Lipscomb academy and started getting kids from California, Michigan, etc until he just had an absurd amount of talent. But he left for UAB

Last edited:
I won’t get into details but I am familiar with that area, that school, and that kid. That school plays physical football and is coached by former UF and Furman QB Ingle Martin.

They win and compete against the best teams in the state each year. I think they had a mediocre record this year because they lost a ton they had to replace and they also played 7 top 20 teams across all schools including 4 of the top 6 including no 1 twice. They aren’t in the largest private division it is one notch below but they play everybody they can in the non conference public or private. Kids brother plays baseball at Vandy and he was the qb at the school last season. They have multiple p5 guys and believe we have offered o lineman John Wayne Oliver, all name team….as well as Michigan, etc. It is a tough nosed pro style football philosophy there. It’s also a good school with high character expectation. Crews diagnoses plays quickly and plays downhill and physical. He has always been that way even back in middle school when I first saw him. Kids from that school are typically just raw workers. I also know Stoops has a loose connection with a father of a graduated kid there so I think they’ve been turned on to that school for a few seasons now. Couple other kids we offered there went elsewhere including the Patterson kid who stayed home to play at Vandy this year because his brother transferred back from Clemson to play together.

That school essentially ran that division until Trent Dilfer went to Lipscomb academy and started getting kids from California, Michigan, etc until he just had an absurd amount of talent. But he left for UAB
Former NFL All-Pro C Kevin Mawae replaces Dilfer at Lipscomb Academy. Place has deep pockets.

Former NFL All-Pro C Kevin Mawae replaces Dilfer at Lipscomb Academy. Place has deep pockets.
Yep. And those pockets got tired of their fb team not being productive. Although they’re moving up to the largest division above next season with Brentwood Academy, etc that tends to be schools that take more move ins and all of that. It’s all legal it’s in a private division but the more aggressive schools with it tend to play in 3A. They first offered Jason Witten who is from TN and his brother is a HS coach out in the state somewhere but he decided not to leave the school he coaches in TX. Lot of former pros in that area staying involved in the game by coaching at the hs level. CPA o line coach played for titans. It’s a pretty common thing there. That and the private schools have about 20 person staffs. Former coach at Austin Peay is OC there.

Last edited:

Thanx for the Info!!!

Yep. And those pockets got tired of their fb team not being productive. Although they’re moving up to the largest division above next season with Brentwood Academy, etc that tends to be schools that take more move ins and all of that. It’s all legal it’s in a private division but the more aggressive schools with it tend to play in 3A. They first offered Jason Witten who is from TN and his brother is a HS coach out in the state somewhere but he decided not to leave the school he coaches in TX. Lot of former pros in that area staying involved in the game by coaching at the hs level. CPA o line coach played for titans. It’s a pretty common thing there. That and the private schools have about 20 person staffs. Former coach at Austin Peay is OC there.
Mid-TN is, and will continue, to undergo tremendous population growth this decade, UK's recruiting focus in that area is very wise. Lots of schools pouring recruiting resources into the area.

And it isn't local population growth, no loyalty to Knoxville
The best mid state players like Beasley and Spillman will end up in Knoxville. Kids usually have to have issues and NPA finds another spot like Nebraska or UK for them.

And it isn't local population growth, no loyalty to Knoxville
UT hasn’t landed kids from there over the last 10 years. Not any of consequence anyway. This past class was the first. And they know they have to step it up there I think they are trying to have one reg season game a year over in Nissan to try to build a presence. It’s a very transient city and people will go places. With UT a few hours away and culturally totally different on that side of the state, it’s not a shoe in they’ll get the Nashville elite with all the schools that come in there. But if they’re successful they will definitely get some. But it’s not any kind of ‘grow up rooting for UT’ stuff. It’s like any school..be successful and you’ll get a bit.
Alabama isn’t much further from there than knoxville

Crews Law sounds like something I was taught in college, but forgot it. (He has great name for NIL marketing.)

“I met the Law, and the Law won.”

I saw a few years ago that Lipscomb and CPA were paying coaches 6 figures. That’s some high cotton for hs football. Several private and large public schools in Metro Nashville/Murfreesboro area taking football seriously. They’re putting great teams on the field and developing lots of P5 players.

Marrow needs a satellite Ofc in Nville!

I met the Law, and the Law won.”

Love It!!

jordanblink.gif

Reactions: bballcat4
ADVERTISEMENT