ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy Prediction

MbergCat

Senior
Nov 23, 2014
To start the season, I'm guessing most fans, as well as analysts, had UK as a big time contender out of the gates. I'm guessing that went out the window with fans and analysts too.

Not sure why, but I started looking on my ESPN app at our schedule. Not only have the talking heads lost faith in us, they project us to completely derail. Of the remaining games left on the schedule, we are projected to go less than .500.

Looking back a month, heck, even a week; none of us would have imagined we could have such a grim outlook. Who knows, we may completely turn it around and make a run in March. BUT, there is no denying that we have a very long way to go.

We played about as bad as we can play Tuesday night v #7 KU, got drilled unmercifully by the unholy trinity, still no Brooks and yet had a chance to tie at the end.
Honest to goodness we may not lose again.

Last edited:
So which is it 51% chance to win it all or that we are going to only win 50% of our games? Either way I’d take that bet.

So which is it 51% chance to win it all or that we are going to only win 50% of our games? Either way I’d take that bet.

Any way you’d slice it, BPI is severely flawed (as we all know) if they think Tech has a 49% chance to beat UK, lol.

Maybe it’s too early in the season, ESPN apologists will say.

Reactions: MbergCat and chroix
We played about as bad as we can play Tuesday night v #7 KU, got drilled unmercifully by the unholy trinity, still no Brooks and yet had a chance to tie at the end.
Honest to goodness we may not lose again.
Kansas ain't the #7 team in the country man, come on, you know that right? Their best player had ebola too. They MIGHT be 15th or so right now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dynastydreamuk
Kansas ain't the #7 team in the country man, come on, you know that right? Their best played had ebola too. They MIGHT be 15th or so right now.
Jeff, Im just stating facts. They didn't play well either but everything I typed is true.

Plus they had the proverbial “random guy” go off on us in the 2nd half for 21.
They probably dont get 21 in a half from “any” player the rest of the year.

Jeff, Im just stating facts. They didn't play well either but everything I typed is true.

Plus they had the proverbial “random guy” go off on us in the 2nd half for 21.
They probably dont get 21 in a half from “any” player the rest of the year.
Yep. Our vaunted 5 stars with all that length and 7 ft wings spans made him look great didn’t they?

Yea. We just made them look like #7.
Man, I don’t even think that's true at all. That was some really bad basketball by both teams. The BIG12 looks though this year, KU is in trouble.
It just sucks that we had a chance to make it two in a row against KU by stealing that game, but nope, they've taken 4 out of the last 5.
But hey, we'll have 4 or 5 more draft picks off this team. SUCK ON THAT KU!

Reactions: MbergCat
Any way you’d slice it, BPI is severely flawed (as we all know) if they think Tech has a 49% chance to beat UK, lol.

Maybe it’s too early in the season, ESPN apologists will say.
Yeah, that's what I was looking at. Last night those numbers were flipped. I was shocked looking at the entire schedule how little faith they had in us.

I throw these kind of projections out the window when it comes to predicting for teams that have a lot of new players like Kentucky, especially 3 games in.

I assume this is based on current metrics, which are obviously poor. At this point, Kentucky is not even close to what it'll be in just a month.

I think these models are a little better for veteran teams like Gonzaga and Iowa who are more consistent at this point but likely have less room for improvement.

Georgia Tech is horrible. If the game is close, it's an indictment on this group.
Yeah, this game shouldn't be close, but anything is possible with freshmen.

I knew this was going to be a struggle. 2014 was a very similar team, we thought they would blow everyone away and quickly realized they were just a group of talented kids that had no cohesiveness and no clue how to play at this level.

We all thought Clarke & Boston were going to be studs right off the bat, buuuuut, that's not the case, they're both projects. I'm sure they'll get it, but by that time, we might be looking at 10-12 losses.

Reactions: MbergCat
ADVERTISEMENT