ADVERTISEMENT

CP3 & Blake Griffin both becoming free agents.

Griffin has only played 80 games in 3 of his 7 seasons. Still a stud and would love to see him go to say The Wizards.

Yep, Griffin has the talent and skills but he is so injury prone I'm not sure I would want to take a chance on dishing out the big bucks he and his agent will be looking for. Risk/reward is in play with him big time.

Paul back to the pelicans would be cool (probably impossible due to salary cap stuff?)
Frankly, don't think that will happen, but I would love to see Davis traded to Boston to get out of that hell hole. Problem is, boogie is still somewhat trapped there as well

Reactions: ORCAT
Grirfin overrated? Yeah right, career 21pts 9rbs 4 assist, he averages more assist than some "PGS". And a career top 30 PER rating.

I know most basketball fans consider Paul one of the elite point guards in the league the last 7 or 8 years, but I'm not one of them. The dude is a good player and I can't deny that, but to be one of the elite dudes, I feel at some point you prove that by leading your team to playoff wins. Paul doesn't and has never really done that. If it were from not being on talented rosters, I would change my opinion on Paul. We all know the dude has had major talent on the floor to work with. Blake should be a point guard's wet dream with his dunking and possible lob plays. Blake is a major talent in the league, but is another dude that needs to prove the teams he's on can win and go far. I will give both dudes credit in turning the Clippers into a playoff team every year instead of the joke franchise they were known for before both guys came to town. Not something any guy can do.

Reactions: KYNC89
I know most basketball fans consider Paul one of the elite point guards in the league the last 7 or 8 years, but I'm not one of them. The dude is a good player and I can't deny that, but to be one of the elite dudes, I feel at some point you prove that by leading your team to playoff wins. Paul doesn't and has never really done that. If it were from not being on talented rosters, I would change my opinion on Paul. We all know the dude has had major talent on the floor to work with. Blake should be a point guard's wet dream with his dunking and possible lob plays. Blake is a major talent in the league, but is another dude that needs to prove the teams he's on can win and go far. I will give both dudes credit in turning the Clippers into a playoff team every year instead of the joke franchise they were known for before both guys came to town. Not something any guy can do.

Basketball is a team sport. No one person can carry a team very far in the playoffs (unless your name is LeBron).

What talent has CP3 had?

Tyson Chandler in NOLA?

Blake Griffin is good, but need more than 2 good players to go far in the West now days.

And it's an insult to all Big 3's everywhere if you consider LAC as having a Big 3 with DeAndre Jordan. He's been in the league how many years? Still doesn't have 1 single post move or the ability to hit a FT.

Basketball is a team sport. No one person can carry a team very far in the playoffs (unless your name is LeBron).

What talent has CP3 had?

Tyson Chandler in NOLA?

Blake Griffin is good, but need more than 2 good players to go far in the West now days.

And it's an insult to all Big 3's everywhere if you consider LAC as having a Big 3 with DeAndre Jordan. He's been in the league how many years? Still doesn't have 1 single post move or the ability to hit a FT.

Not to mention griffins been out with injury for at least parts of two post seasons. Hard to hold that against Paul

Reactions: BBN Catz 89
Clippers have been short at 2guard and SF, no team is winning with freaking JJ Redick. Crawford can do things at times but he is a 6th man at best.

What talent has CP3 had?

Tyson Chandler in NOLA?

Now the narrative is CP3 had no talent around him lol? In addition to Chandler, who was one of the best defensive centers, he had prime David West who was good for between 18-20 points and 9 rebounds in his prime.

In his Clipper tenure he has had more than enough talent to get past the second round at least once. Let's not forget them blowing a 3-1 lead against Houston a few years back, or blowing a lead against Memphis. I think it has been said that they had gone 3 or 4 consecutive postseasons with blowing a series lead. I'm sorry, but that falls back on your leader.

Now the narrative is CP3 had no talent around him lol? In addition to Chandler, who was one of the best defensive centers, he had prime David West who was good for between 18-20 points and 9 rebounds in his prime.

In his Clipper tenure he has had more than enough talent to get past the second round at least once. Let's not forget them blowing a 3-1 lead against Houston a few years back, or blowing a lead against Memphis. I think it has been said that they had gone 3 or 4 consecutive postseasons with blowing a series lead. I'm sorry, but that falls back on your leader.

LOL David West?? Wow. Realty scary talent there. 2 time AllStar...

Pretty sure injuries factored into a lot of them. Blake got hurt this year and missed playoffs, both CP3 and Blake missed last year after getting up 2-0 on Portland. You gonna blame them for that one? CP3 had a hamstring injury a couple years ago too.

Hard to advance when your team is rarely healthy. Can't blame CP3 for that.

Frankly, don't think that will happen, but I would love to see Davis traded to Boston to get out of that hell hole. Problem is, boogie is still somewhat trapped there as well
I think if the Pelicans were to add a solid point guard and a couple solid role players, they are a playoff contender.

Pretty sure injuries factored into a lot of them. Blake got hurt this year and missed playoffs, both CP3 and Blake missed last year after getting up 2-0 on Portland. You gonna blame them for that one? CP3 had a hamstring injury a couple years ago too.

In the time that the played together, having a 2 man tandem of CP3 and West, with Chandler anchoring the defense, was more than enough to get out of the second round at least once don't you think?

And thank you, because you hit on another key point of why CP3 is overrated. The dude can't stay healthy for anything. The Clippers would be insane to throw the super max at that guy.

In the time that the played together, having a 2 man tandem of CP3 and West, with Chandler anchoring the defense, was more than enough to get out of the second round at least once don't you think?

And thank you, because you hit on another key point of why CP3 is overrated. The dude can't stay healthy for anything. The Clippers would be insane to throw the super max at that guy.

At this point, with two elite Kentucky guys on one team, I'd rather see them both stay. New Orleans doesn't need much more to be a contender when you have AD in the fold. Problem is they'd have to probably trade Demarcus.. but the upside would be getting a ton in return.

So is Anthony Davis overrated too? He can't stay healthy either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT