ADVERTISEMENT

Could Zion really end up @ Clemson? More likely than you think!

We saw Petty stay home last year. We saw Trae Young stay home last year. The fact that Clemson seems to be out biggest competition doesn't feel good considering recent history.

We saw Petty stay home last year. We saw Trae Young stay home last year. The fact that Clemson seems to be out biggest competition doesn't feel good considering recent history.

I don't think Cal made Petty a priority like he did Young.

We’v recruited really well against Homestate U actually. If Duke was in the driver’s seat, I’d be worried. Cal can handle Clemson.

We either get him or not. He either decides to wear UK blue or another teams colors... at the end of the day it is what it is!! Kid will be in the NBA regardless of where he plays for 1 year.. He could also be that player that is good in college but explodes in the NBA with that style of ball.

Would love to add Williamson. But he's not that critical to the class. I'm fairly certain they lose only three guys...Knox, Diallo and Richards. They already for three signed. Might find a late bloomer in the spring if need be. Moses Brown still an option as well.

UK will always be fine under Coach Cal. They're like the Patriots. Roster turns over and they keep on winning. Next man up!

Would love to add Williamson. But he's not that critical to the class. I'm fairly certain they lose only three guys...Knox, Diallo and Richards. They already for three signed. Might find a late bloomer in the spring if need be. Moses Brown still an option as well.

UK will always be fine under Coach Cal. They're like the Patriots. Roster turns over and they keep on winning. Next man up!

Like Cal says........we are gonna eat first.

With or without Williamson, you would have to think that UK will be especially deep and dangerous next season. Williamson simply gives us greater scoring ability. In my opinion, I think many individuals are underestimating Keldon Johnson right now. Without Williamson, I think Johnson averages 12 to 14 points next season.

Zion and Dotson had been "considering" Clemson as a package deal, with idea of changing the landscape. But Dotson knew Zion was gone after 1 year and then he is there "alone". With that idea gone and Dotson going to KU, I do not see Zion going to Clemson. That said, I have not followed it closely since September.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
I posted about six weeks ago that a consultant I've been working with is from a town close to Zion's in South Carolina and knows the family. Word is that he wants to go to school out of state but is getting intense pressure to stay home and for that reason alone Clemson is in the mix. His stepfather also went to Clemson so take it for what it's worth, but that would explain why Clemson is in the mix.

Zion and Dotson had been "considering" Clemson as a package deal, with idea of changing the landscape. But Dotson knew Zion was gone after 1 year and then he is there "alone". With that idea gone and Dotson going to KU, I do not see Zion going to Clemson. That said, I have not followed it closely since September.

Can you find out any more @TheAnonymous13?

Zion and Quickley also said they wanted to team up. So we have that working for us in addition to everything else.

I find it hard to believe he chooses Clemson in the end. Being a hometown hero still won’t end in great team success for him there. And he’s gonna be gone in a year anyways, so he may as well get used to life away from home.

With or without Williamson, you would have to think that UK will be especially deep and dangerous next season. Williamson simply gives us greater scoring ability. In my opinion, I think many individuals are underestimating Keldon Johnson right now. Without Williamson, I think Johnson averages 12 to 14 points next season.
Uh, no. We will be good but not great next year without Zion. Don't kid yourself.

You know my stance on this.. anywhere but other big schools. I don't think we *need* Zion to compete.. but he can't go to a Kansas, UNC, or the worst case scenario, Duke.

Clemson is such a nothing school. Have NEVER beaten UNCheat in CH. I think it's like 0-60 or some such. Started 16-0 once and lost in the 1st round of the NCAA. A couple yrs after that, they started 17-0 and didn't even make the tournament. They will never do squat.

If he does do we have a back up plan?

I don't think Cal feels like we really need a backup plan. He said that he has filled his needs for next year already. I think he feels that Williamson is a luxury, not a necessity.

We will probably get SKJ and Wynyard back at the 5. We probably get two out of Washington, Gabriel, and Vanderbilt back at the 4.

I guess if he doesn't sign Wiliamson, Moses Brown would most likely get an offer, since we would have a spot for him, but I wouldn't expect Brown to steal a spot from any of our returnees.

I just don’t see it. That kid wants to be a rock star and he won’t be at Clemson. Sure he’ll average 22 and 12 instead of 16 and 9 at UK, but Clemson will get zero tv time and he’ll be forgotten about until the draft. He’s a fish too big for a small pond like Clemson.

I could see Vanderbilt, Washington, and Gabriel all returning. Right now, the burden of proof for the contrary is on the alternative of this view.

If those three return and UK brings back everyone but Diallo, Richards, and Knox, UK will be loaded for bear and Williamson becomes a luxury item. I’m also expecting Moses Brown to pick UK in the spring.

PG – Green

SG - Alexander

SF – Vanderbilt

PF – Washington

C – SKJ

Bench: Brown, Wynyard, Gabriel, Johnson, Herro, Baker, and Quickley. The bench alone would feature four McDonald’s All-Americans and five top 30 recruits.

I don't think Cal feels like we really need a backup plan. He said that he has filled his needs for next year already. I think he feels that Williamson is a luxury, not a necessity.

We will probably get SKJ and Wynyard back at the 5. We probably get two out of Washington, Gabriel, and Vanderbilt back at the 4.

I guess if he doesn't sign Wiliamson, Moses Brown would most likely get an offer, since we would have a spot for him, but I wouldn't expect Brown to steal a spot from any of our returnees.

If Richards bolts as expected, Brown will get a spot regardless. He’s a 7’1” center. Williamson is a tweener three. There recruitments are totally separate from one another.

Bigs: Wynyard, SKJ, Brown = 3

Combo forwards: Washington, Vanderbilt, Gabriel = 3

Combo Wings: Johnson, Herro, = 2

Guards: Baker, Alexander, Quickley, Green = 4

That’s only 12 scholarships. 13 with Zion.

ADVERTISEMENT