ADVERTISEMENT

Could you see Cal and Kentucky

I think maybe Coach K is realizing what Cal has realized for a couple of years now.

It's hard to win with freshman.

I do think they will figure it out by March tho.

Reactions: WildMoon
Losing with guys like Bagley, Duvall, and Carter while also having a senior as good as Tripper?

The story line from last night isn't Kentucky.
You are correct but that story will never see the light of day except on this board.while we are on the subject did you notice that K looked rather bad last night,a little puffy and his color wasn't good?

Would we be better if we had one more good player? Win more?

Well yes. We win the Kansas game. UCLA, maybe. Most likely we win against TN because the loss of Gabriel was a gut shot. It doesn’t have to be the players you mentioned. Just having Vanderbilt healthy would have made a difference. Folks forget we are down 2 players. Last night we went down two more for part of that game. We likely had guys at less than 100% due to illness still on the floor.

A team can only stand so much attrition. At full strength, we kick TN’s ass. I think the first half proved that. I think the 2nd half proved we can’t play our best with critical asset losses.

His color is fine. He's using deep midnight as his hair color this year. It throws off his botox making him look shit yellow.
Oh, I should have known,thought it might be my t v there for a minute.Back to serious mode just for a minute I really think he didn't look healthy(worse than usual)

Reactions: BBUK and morgousky
Just think how bad Duke would be struggling if they didn’t have Bagley. I’m sure K figured that out and did everything possible to make sure Bagley would be eligible to play this year.

If they didn't find a way to get a junior in high school eligible they'd be looking at a 10 seed.

Reactions: 78Gooses
Just think how bad Duke would be struggling if they didn’t have Bagley. I’m sure K figured that out and did everything possible to make sure Bagley would be eligible to play this year.
Said that yesterday and a poster said I was insane(he may have been right but not for that reason)

I think maybe Coach K is realizing what Cal has realized for a couple of years now.

It's hard to win with freshman.

I do think they will figure it out by March tho.
Grayson Allen has been at Duke 4 years now and still couldn't defend me, and I suck! Sure, the freshman take a while to learn it and commit to it, but history isn't on Duke or coach K's side.

Reactions: morgousky
If they didn't find a way to get a junior in high school eligible they'd be looking at a 10 seed.
And I’m sure if he chose UK then there’s all kinds of questions about his eligibility. It sure doesn’t hurt the Duke recruiting pitch to guys like Bagley and Duval that they are guaranteed instant eligibility.

And I’m sure if he chose UK then there’s all kinds of questions about his eligibility. It sure doesn’t hurt the Duke recruiting pitch to guys like Bagley and Duval that they are guaranteed instant eligibility.
Bagley probably wouldn't be playing yet if he had chosen UK.That is the sad truth of how things work for whatever reason.

I’m very surprised that Duke isn’t dominating. I thought with the talent they have that they could coast to the title. That obviously isn’t happening, and that makes me:
happy-silly-naked-man-picture-id484719906

Losing with guys like Bagley, Duvall, and Carter while also having a senior as good as Tripper?

Well alrighty then. I now feel so much better.

Bagley probably wouldn't be playing yet if he had chosen UK.That is the sad truth of how things work for whatever reason.
I too feel that if Bagley had expressed a desire to go to Kentucky somebody somewhere would have blocked it. I just can't see a junior in high school suddenly become eligible if Coach Cal and Kentucky were involved. Duke is an entirely different question. They can make it happen when nobody else can with the exception of UNC perhaps.

Reactions: kev69 and morgousky
I too feel that if Bagley had expressed a desire to go to Kentucky somebody somewhere would have blocked it. I just can't see a junior in high school suddenly become eligible if Coach Cal and Kentucky were involved. Duke is an entirely different question. They can make it happen when nobody else can with the exception of UNC perhaps.
As an example wasn't there some slight problem or issue with KAT back when he was getting ready to come here? He was a bright kid,class president and all around good student.Maybe I am remembering incorrectly or have him mixed up with someone else.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat

Coach K has lost to two shit teams. Now Duke has some nice wins, but those are two terrible losses. But like UK, there is plenty of time to get those kids playing together at a high level.

Cal lost 9 games with a team with five top 10 Freshmen in 2014. Arguably just as good or better than Bagley and company.

It's hard to win in December and January with Freshmen. Cal knows, K is figuring it out.

If we are "the gold standard" then why do we even worry about duke

Doesn't mak me feel better about our current position. If K can't win a title with that group Cal needs to slam it home on the recruiting trail.
Cal doesn't do negative recruiting. He only sells our program.

If we just had Bagley I think we're undefeated.

Duval, Bagley, Carter, etc. Cal would eat that ish up.
Was thinking the same thing earlier. With that one guy we’d be 15-0 and the whole perspective would be different.

Would we be better if we had one more good player? Win more?

Well yes. We win the Kansas game. UCLA, maybe. Most likely we win against TN because the loss of Gabriel was a gut shot. It doesn’t have to be the players you mentioned. Just having Vanderbilt healthy would have made a difference. Folks forget we are down 2 players. Last night we went down two more for part of that game. We likely had guys at less than 100% due to illness still on the floor.

A team can only stand so much attrition. At full strength, we kick TN’s ass. I think the first half proved that. I think the 2nd half proved we can’t play our best with critical asset losses.
I think not having Washington the second half hurt us the most against Tenn .

ADVERTISEMENT