ADVERTISEMENT

Could the NBA Be Any More of a Scumbag Institution?

Yet all those scandals were investigated by the GOP and all found to be big nothings. You keep forgetting that part.

Boomed the economy by borrowing $1T+ from China all while selling out allies in favor of his Russian puppet masters.
I bet you could boom your own personal economy by maxing out all of your credit cards...or have you already done it?

In just a few years you'll never admit that you followed the idiot that is Trump.
You mean the FBI led by Comey and McCabe. Comey who was fired and McCabe who could be indicted soon. Those guys who were in charge of the investigation?
Yeah big shock they found nothing.

I will never be dumb enough to have supported people like Obama and Clinton. Speaks to your lack of understanding that you do and still do. Hilary couldn't beat a community organizer and a reality TV star...[laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]

I've rarely watched the NBA in recent years. But definitely crossing them off my list for good now. What a bunch of tow the company line wimps. These spoiled NBA players are so quick to point out problems here in the USA with how this group or that group isn't being treated fairly. Or rant on about how bad our government is. But can't say one word about the injustices inflicted on the Chinese people or the communist ways of Chinese government. Unbelievable!!!!

Reactions: UKWinsAgainYep
How about everyone in the thread who has their panties in a wad about a few NBA guys goes through their house and puts everything that has components made in China in the trash? I’d like to see any of you function after that exercise.

Just like fuzz, the point is going over your head.

This doesn't really have anything to do with China, just hypocrisy.

Athletes are in the entertainment business. They get paid to entertain. Listening to them bitch about how bad America is, when half the country actually likes the POTUS, and the poor in our country have it better than 99% of the world, is not entertaining. I'd prefer they not mix sports and politics, but they insisted.

So it's time to put their money where their mouth is. If they insist on mixing sports and politics, and fancy themselves as more than athletes, let's see it. They have the chance to actually make a difference rather than empty virtue signaling. Nope, now its time to shut up and dribble.

So no, I'm not going to stop buying cheap Chinese made goods, just like I'm not going to stop watching the NBA. But I'm not arguing that I am "more than an internet poster" and trying to make a difference in anything but my own life. I find it more entertaining to watch Lebron expose himself as a shameless hypocrite than I do watching him play basketball. Hopefully going forward, they stop mixing sports and politics, because empty virtue signaling is pointless if you're going to shut up and dribble the minute you need Space Jam 2 to hit the Chinese market.

Just like fuzz, the point is going over your head.

This doesn't really have anything to do with China, just hypocrisy.

Athletes are in the entertainment business. They get paid to entertain. Listening to them bitch about how bad America is, when half the country actually likes the POTUS, and the poor in our country have it better than 99% of the world, is not entertaining. I'd prefer they not mix sports and politics, but they insisted.

So it's time to put their money where their mouth is. If they insist on mixing sports and politics, and fancy themselves as more than athletes, let's see it. They have the chance to actually make a difference rather than empty virtue signaling. Nope, now its time to shut up and dribble.

So no, I'm not going to stop buying cheap Chinese made goods, just like I'm not going to stop watching the NBA. But I'm not arguing that I am "more than an internet poster" and trying to make a difference in anything but my own life. I find it more entertaining to watch Lebron expose himself as a shameless hypocrite than I do watching him play basketball. Hopefully going forward, they stop mixing sports and politics, because empty virtue signaling is pointless if you're going to shut up and dribble the minute you need Space Jam 2 to hit the Chinese market.

This is a well thought out and good post Bill. I can’t disagree with any of it and I see the real point now.

Lebron calling out Morey is like that cousin who comes home from 1st semester at college and thinks she's the smartest person at the Thanksgiving dinner table..

I like Lebron, but what a pompous shit he's become. Morey is "misinformed".. you mean one of the most brilliant minds in ALL of sports management? Holding degrees from Northwestern and MIT? From a guy who never went to college and pretty much had everything handed to him since Junior High?

Ok Lebron..

None of our protests matter unless people stop watching the NBA and stop going to games......None of it matters. Money talks....B.S. walks.....

It would be more appropriate in the pre-game ceremony at NBA games to burn an American flag. I think most NBA players would feel more comfortable with that over the national anthem.

None of our protests matter unless people stop watching the NBA and stop going to games......None of it matters. Money talks....B.S. walks.....

But people watch the NBA for entertainment. No one really gives a shit about the NBAs conduct outside of the blatant hypocrisy. Everyone just wants them to shut up about politics, regardless of the content.

If they wanted to make a difference, they’d take a stand against authoritarianism which would result in China banning the NBA and Space Jam. Maybe the Chinese citizenry would protest or start to see the light.

Everyone knows the NBA doesn’t give a shit about change, just making money. That’s 100% fine. But ohhhh lets feign outrage and play the race card over “shut up and dribble”.

At the end of the day, I hope the end result is athletes, ESPN, etc. stop talking politics and stick to entertainment. I still enjoy watching basketball at its highest level.

A protest wouldn’t matter anyways. As long as the NBA has China’s money they don’t need us to watch.

I don't care enough about China's freedom or Lebrons opinion to boycott the NBA. I have little morals and next to no soul.

The funny thing abut this is that Morey and company might have brought more attention to this conflict with China, than any of Trump's trade war or nightly news ever could. People are REALLY starting to wake up to the monster that China has become and the threat they can be to the U.S.

Personally, I hope this keeps up. I like the beef. The NBA will be just fine without Chinese viewership. Sure, salaries will drop, some organizational positions will be nixed.. but the NBA will be just fine.

Reactions: JumperJack
Also, this might be it for Lebron. The majority of fans already rooted against him. He has now become a 100% heel. I don't know many Lebron fans left.. but his antics over the last year have pretty much turned us away.

Now that GSW isn't a threat, I don't feel the need to root for Lebron-led teams.

UPDATE: And they are burning his jersey in China. This is why you keep your ego in check. This borderline highschool drop out thought he could step in and speak about China on the US's behalf.. what a maroon.

Last edited:
Also, this might be it for Lebron. The majority of fans already rooted against him. He has now become a 100% heel. I don't know many Lebron fans left.. but his antics over the last year have pretty much turned us away.

Now that GSW isn't a threat, I don't feel the need to root for Lebron-led teams.

UPDATE: And they are burning his jersey in China. This is why you keep your ego in check. This borderline highschool drop out thought he could step in and speak about China on the US's behalf.. what a maroon.

He is not smart......I knew that as soon as he started making idiotic statements about Trump.

Lots of...interesting views in this thread. Didn’t know so many people could catch feelings over some celebrity’s take on (insert anything).

Really interesting to see all these posters concerned with China. Whatever happened to “America First?” Our own president said just last night that we shouldn’t be involved in things that take place 7,000 miles away from our country.

And with that whole “America First” thing, I thought people would be cool with NFL players kneeling to bring attention to issues occurring in America. They want to improve relationships among American citizens.

LeBron criticizes Trump and half the country hates him for it, eh? Joe the Copy Machine Repairman voices his disapproval of Obama and love for Trump, and 95% of this thread’s posters would “like” it and think nothing of his job, education, or political knowledge.

And all these folks talking about not watching the NBA but instead watch college basketball every night? Give me a break.

Reactions: rqarnold
Lots of...interesting views in this thread. Didn’t know so many people could catch feelings over some celebrity’s take on (insert anything).

Really interesting to see all these posters concerned with China. Whatever happened to “America First?” Our own president said just last night that we shouldn’t be involved in things that take place 7,000 miles away from our country.

And with that whole “America First” thing, I thought people would be cool with NFL players kneeling to bring attention to issues occurring in America. They want to improve relationships among American citizens.

LeBron criticizes Trump and half the country hates him for it, eh? Joe the Copy Machine Repairman voices his disapproval of Obama and love for Trump, and 95% of this thread’s posters would “like” it and think nothing of his job, education, or political knowledge.

And all these folks talking about not watching the NBA but instead watch college basketball every night? Give me a break.

This take makes no sense. Being “for America” is perfectly compatible with being against evil governments.

Apparently the atrocities in Hong Kong don't matter to Chairman James.

FTFY

Cu_0VeEKfndF4Y62ims7dRvlbxE5irl7yeu_xG_oKm4.jpg

Last edited:

LeBron could not find China on a map. Neither could you. You are a racist pos.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
Like Turkey and Saudi Arabia?

Well, yes. We’ve been in NATO with Turkey a long time. We’ve been in bed with SA for decades. Explain to me how that makes it so that I can’t say they’re despicable?

But your heroes in the NBA somehow can’t say it about China?

Again, your premise is flawed.

Pretty sure every HS-educated person in the civilized world can find China on a map. Good grief.

A question - Do you think college is the best option for every American citizen who graduates from HS?

No, every idiot graduating from High School cannot find China on a map....They can't even freakin' read or do basic MATH.....That's how dumbed down our schools have become under the Democrat Party and Teachers Union.....

73196495_2527143264170240_6719748472309809152_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT