ADVERTISEMENT

Could the NBA Be Any More of a Scumbag Institution?

This country basically runs on selling your soul for money. Not sure why the reaction (or lack thereof) is surprising to anyone. We're a nation of whores and sellouts. :americanflag:

Reactions: J_Dee
Your commie has no regard for human life, even his own.

Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it?

please! No fighting in the war room!

Of course. But then they need to shut up about most other political and social issues.

Just play the game.
Why so?
Why should they have any fewer rights than anyone else?

If we apply those same rules to everyone else then there isn't a single MFer on this board that needs to say a single word about political and social issues.

You going to try and convince us that if you were in their same position and that speaking out would potentially cost you individually millions and your employer billions...you're still going to yap? Not a chance.

You criticize the NBA...why not criticize every other company doing busness there? Or you think they're in agreement with China??

You know damn well that they have discussed it and been told to keep their mouth shut. How is that any different than what is happening with the NBA?

As a matter of fact an old boss of mine just returned from two years working and living in China and a standard part of American companies orientation process for US nationals sent to China is to stay quite about Chineese politics.

Hell, you probably don't even know what the protest in HK are about.

You criticize the NBA...why not criticize every other company doing busness there? Or you think they're in agreement with China??

You know damn well that they have discussed it and been told to keep their mouth shut. How is that any different than what is happening with the NBA?

As a matter of fact an old boss of mine just returned from two years working and living in China and a standard part of American companies orientation process for US nationals sent to China is to stay quite about Chineese politics.

Unless I’ve missed something, all these other corporations you’re referencing haven’t NEARLY been as vocal about domestic politics, or as critical of our country.

You’re trying to shift what this is about, which is the hypocrisy of the “woke” league.

Most other companies don’t have prominent members the consistently talk about everything “bad” about this country every chance they get either...

Reactions: WayneDougan
To me this is a government situation. Cruz, AOC, and everybody else trashing the NBA should be drawing up legislation to help us begin decoupling us from China.

The NBA, like Walmart, Amazon, Exxon, etc., do not give a shit about our country unless doing so makes them a profit. Yeah, I think the NBA guys - especially Kerr and to an extent Silver - are a bunch of hypocrite phonies.

What I would like to hear is for somebody from the NBA to tell China to quit being a bunch of sensitive pussies. Like “hey China, one dude said one little thing and you’re getting your panties in a wad? Sack up.”

Most other companies don’t have prominent members the consistently talk about everything “bad” about this country every chance they get either...
"prominent members"? You mean employees expressing their right to free speech?
Let's see...we have an organization made up of mostly African-American young men who speak out about issues affecting other African-American young men... let me think, where have I heard white men complaining about black men calling for social justice? ...and what is their motivation for doing so?

Perhaps if you don't like the right to free speech you should just leave the country. Or do you just need a history lesson of protest and dissent in the USA over the past 300 years? Were you against all the protesters and dissenters or just the black ones?

FYI, lots of companies have people that speak out on a myriad of topics, especially domestic issues. You just don't know who they are or for whom they work. If the VP of Human Resources for my employer...hell, if the CEO of my employer who earns more than most NBA players said something on social media or wherever it would be like a fart in the wind and you'd never know it. But if a professional athlete or celebrity says something it gets more notoriety. That's not a "them" problem. They have the same rights to speak out as does anyone else.

There are 268 items for sale on the Trump Organization’s online store. Of those, 41 are made in the USA and listed in a separate section highlighting US goods. That means American products make up exactly 15.298507462686567% of the Trump Store’s available merchandise.

D6OGyQQWkAESZiF

D6OY4qgU0AAwUj4

D6NIcXMWAAI86C8

D6NIknNW0AEQ0vZ

D6OY-2wUcAEu__k

D6N9nEqUIAACcZ5

Feel free to list where the 1.5 billion dollars Obama sent to Iran is being spent and also list where the Clinton's spent the donations to their foundation.
Maybe also list some activities that went on at Epstein's island that Bill Clinton visited 26, TWENTY SIX times.
Otherwise, sit down and shut up.

DeAndre Jordan was just interviewed and asked to comment and his response (summarized): "I am not an expert on those things, I am just here to play basketball". Perfect.
Yep, but let some black actor lie about being attacked because of his race and they'll have t-shirts to wear for the next game.

To me this is a government situation. Cruz, AOC, and everybody else trashing the NBA should be drawing up legislation to help us begin decoupling us from China.

The NBA, like Walmart, Amazon, Exxon, etc., do not give a shit about our country unless doing so makes them a profit. Yeah, I think the NBA guys - especially Kerr and to an extent Silver - are a bunch of hypocrite phonies.

What I would like to hear is for somebody from the NBA to tell China to quit being a bunch of sensitive pussies. Like “hey China, one dude said one little thing and you’re getting your panties in a wad? Sack up.”
Respectfully Wayne, anyone who shops around looking for the lowest price item and buys the Chinese made item over the US made item is equally guilty. Everybody pretty much looks out for their own bottom line.

Corporations will follow what the consumers demand. If you demand lower prices and don't care where something is made then you're equally guilty.
Likewise, if China was putting $4billion into your pocket chances are you'd keep your mouth shut...and that would make you a hypocrite.

Not pointing fingers at anyone just pointing out facts. If we want our corporations to change then the consumers have to change.
I do find it telling that you think this is a government issue. It's one thing that Cruz and AOC agree on something but it's another to call for protectionism to try and fix it. Those certainly aren't free market principles.

Feel free to list where the 1.5 billion dollars Obama sent to Iran is being spent and also list where the Clinton's spent the donations to their foundation.
Maybe also list some activities that went on at Epstein's island that Bill Clinton visited 26, TWENTY SIX times.
Otherwise, sit down and shut up.
The Clinton Foundation spending is public record, it also hasn't been shut down like the Trump Foundation for being a sham. Yo buddy DJT was also a frequent visitor to Epstein.

Obama released frozen assets as a part of a court agreement.

BTW, whataboutism is a poor defense.

So was Daryl Morey at work when he made his tweet?
And he could have been dismissed for the comments if the employer thought was justified. Go slam the CEO of WellCare on LinkedIn and see what happens.

The Clinton Foundation spending is public record, it also hasn't been shut down like the Trump Foundation for being a sham. Yo buddy DJT was also a frequent visitor to Epstein.

So says someone who posted pictures of Trump products.
Trump never went to the Island that I'm aware of, but Clinton sure did.
What Obama gave to Iran was money that went directly to the biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world.

How to lie by telling a half truth.

So says someone who posted pictures of Trump products.
Trump never went to the Island that I'm aware of, but Clinton sure did.
What Obama gave to Iran was money that went directly to the biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world.
By Trump’s own description, his social relationship with Epstein started several decades ago, in the late 1980s.Describing Epstein to Landon Thomas Jr. of New York magazine for a 2002 profile, Trump made a comment that, in retrospect, was frighteningly on-the-nose:

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump booms from a speakerphone. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Really though, it's rich to try and paint Trump as anything but a womanizer.

So what are the facts, as opposed to the spin, behind the $400 million controversy?

What’s Behind the Financial Dispute Between the U.S. and Iran?

In November 1979, Iran’s revolutionary government took 52 Americans hostages at the U.S. embassy, and the U.S. severed diplomatic relations with Tehran. In retaliation, Washington froze $12 billion in Iranian assets held on our shores. The hostage crisis was resolved in 1981 at a conference in Algiers, and the U.S. returned $3 billion to Iran, with more funds going either to pay creditors, or into escrow. The two nations also established a tribunal in the Hague called the Iran United States Claims Tribunal to settle claims both leveled by each government against the other, U.S. citizens versus Iran, and vice versa.

The major issue between the two governments was a $400 million payment for military equipment made by the government of the Shah of Iran, prior to the 1979 uprising that topped him. The U.S. banned delivery of the jets and other weapons amid the hostage crisis, but froze the $400 million advance payment. “The Pentagon handled arms purchases from foreign countries,” says Gary Sick, a former National Security Council official who served as the principal White House aide for Iran during the Iranian Revolution and the hostage crisis. “Defense took care of the details. So the $400 million scheduled purchase was a government-to-government transaction. The U.S. government was holding the money. That’s why it was so difficult to resolve.”

By 2015, the issue stood before a panel of nine judges, including three independent jurists, who were reportedly near a decision on binding arbitration. According to Obama administration officials, the U.S. was concerned that the tribunal would mandate an award in the multiple billions of dollars. “The Iranians wanted $10 billion,” says Sick.”I estimate that the tribunal would have awarded them $4 billion. That’s what the lawyers were saying. It’s not as much as they wanted, but a lot more than we paid.”

So instead, the U.S. negotiators convinced Iran to move the dispute from arbitration to a private settlement. The two sides reached an agreement in mid-2015, at the same time as the U.S. and Iran reached a comprehensive pact on curtailing Iran’s development of nuclear weapons. The financial deal called for the U.S. to refund $1.7 billion to Tehran, consisting of the original $400 million contract for military equipment, plus $1.3 billion in interest.

Good to see fuzz bouncing back and forth between his defenses of Jeffrey Epstein, the Iran deal and the hypocrisy of people protesting US "fascism" where they clearly have a right to free speech then clamming up when an actual communist country forbids them from talking rather than taking a stand against actual oppression.

Reactions: Cawood86

Precisely. If our libs were serious about human rights we’d see a BDS movement against China.

The problem here is that greed outweighs principle.

By Trump’s own description, his social relationship with Epstein started several decades ago, in the late 1980s.Describing Epstein to Landon Thomas Jr. of New York magazine for a 2002 profile, Trump made a comment that, in retrospect, was frighteningly on-the-nose:

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump booms from a speakerphone. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Really though, it's rich to try and paint Trump as anything but a womanizer.

So what are the facts, as opposed to the spin, behind the $400 million controversy?

What’s Behind the Financial Dispute Between the U.S. and Iran?

In November 1979, Iran’s revolutionary government took 52 Americans hostages at the U.S. embassy, and the U.S. severed diplomatic relations with Tehran. In retaliation, Washington froze $12 billion in Iranian assets held on our shores. The hostage crisis was resolved in 1981 at a conference in Algiers, and the U.S. returned $3 billion to Iran, with more funds going either to pay creditors, or into escrow. The two nations also established a tribunal in the Hague called the Iran United States Claims Tribunal to settle claims both leveled by each government against the other, U.S. citizens versus Iran, and vice versa.

The major issue between the two governments was a $400 million payment for military equipment made by the government of the Shah of Iran, prior to the 1979 uprising that topped him. The U.S. banned delivery of the jets and other weapons amid the hostage crisis, but froze the $400 million advance payment. “The Pentagon handled arms purchases from foreign countries,” says Gary Sick, a former National Security Council official who served as the principal White House aide for Iran during the Iranian Revolution and the hostage crisis. “Defense took care of the details. So the $400 million scheduled purchase was a government-to-government transaction. The U.S. government was holding the money. That’s why it was so difficult to resolve.”

By 2015, the issue stood before a panel of nine judges, including three independent jurists, who were reportedly near a decision on binding arbitration. According to Obama administration officials, the U.S. was concerned that the tribunal would mandate an award in the multiple billions of dollars. “The Iranians wanted $10 billion,” says Sick.”I estimate that the tribunal would have awarded them $4 billion. That’s what the lawyers were saying. It’s not as much as they wanted, but a lot more than we paid.”

So instead, the U.S. negotiators convinced Iran to move the dispute from arbitration to a private settlement. The two sides reached an agreement in mid-2015, at the same time as the U.S. and Iran reached a comprehensive pact on curtailing Iran’s development of nuclear weapons. The financial deal called for the U.S. to refund $1.7 billion to Tehran, consisting of the original $400 million contract for military equipment, plus $1.3 billion in interest.
You must be a DJ with all that spinning. Gotta make you dizzy keeping up with all your double standards. Propping up Bill Clinton and his depravity and Obama's giving billions to terrorist must really put a strain on your neck.

Good to see fuzz bouncing back and forth between his defenses of Jeffrey Epstein, the Iran deal and the hypocrisy of people protesting US "fascism" where they clearly have a right to free speech then clamming up when an actual communist country forbids them from talking rather than taking a stand against actual oppression.
You'll have to show me where I defended Jeffrey Epstein.

The Iran deal was happening regardless of who was the POTUS. You know that but won't admit it.

Never did I say anyone wasn't a hypocrite. Actually I said we are all hypocrites for making demands via the market seeking low cost widgets and then complaining when said market delivers. There is no free lunch.

Oh where are those brave souls who are speaking up who actually have some skin in the game?

Not my fault you have a hard time keeping up.

You must be a DJ with all that spinning. Gotta make you dizzy keeping up with all your double standards. Propping up Bill Clinton and his depravity and Obama's giving billions to terrorist must really put a strain on your neck.
Spin? Spitting truth you obviously can't handle.
You also need to show me where I propped up Clinton.

The Iran deal was happening regardless of who was the POTUS.

[laughing] The previous 4 presidents over 35 years someone found a way not to pay the world's largest sponsor of terror. And then gave the cherry on top by acquiescing to flying part of it in pallets of preferred currency in the middle of the night. Like the 500k killed in Syria andnot doing anything about Crimea, this was all about getting a legacy-setting agreement with the blessing of Russia that dumb whores like you would cherish.

Unless I’ve missed something, all these other corporations you’re referencing haven’t NEARLY been as vocal about domestic politics, or as critical of our country.

You’re trying to shift what this is about, which is the hypocrisy of the “woke” league.
Thanks. I was trying to draw this out of him & you responded.

"prominent members"? You mean employees expressing their right to free speech?
Let's see...we have an organization made up of mostly African-American young men who speak out about issues affecting other African-American young men... let me think, where have I heard white men complaining about black men calling for social justice? ...and what is their motivation for doing so?

Perhaps if you don't like the right to free speech you should just leave the country. Or do you just need a history lesson of protest and dissent in the USA over the past 300 years? Were you against all the protesters and dissenters or just the black ones?

FYI, lots of companies have people that speak out on a myriad of topics, especially domestic issues. You just don't know who they are or for whom they work. If the VP of Human Resources for my employer...hell, if the CEO of my employer who earns more than most NBA players said something on social media or wherever it would be like a fart in the wind and you'd never know it. But if a professional athlete or celebrity says something it gets more notoriety. That's not a "them" problem. They have the same rights to speak out as does anyone else.
Sure they have the right. Just don't expect anyone to listen to them when they choke up over issues that affect their pocketbook. They sold their souls.

How about everyone in the thread who has their panties in a wad about a few NBA guys goes through their house and puts everything that has components made in China in the trash? I’d like to see any of you function after that exercise.

Reactions: rqarnold
Spin? Spitting truth you obviously can't handle.
You also need to show me where I propped up Clinton.
I can handle truth. I know what Trump was before he became POTUS.

I know what Clinton was WHILE he was POTUS and what he and his wife are NOW. They peddled influence through their foundation WHILE she was Sec of State. They are the most corrupt people in politics.

Obama had more scandals as POTUS than Bill had affairs. IRS, Bhengazi, Fast and Furious, etc. Yet nary a word from you about that. All you have is to post pictures of products made in China. Keep spinning DJ.

Trump has achieved record low unemployment for minorities, gotten soldier remains returned to US form NK, boomed the economy, started building the wall, etc.

Obama couldn't find his rear end with a flashlight and both hands. He did achieve record levels of people of government assistance though, so there's that. Oh yeah, almost forgot, the great Obamacare that not one Dem even wants to mention or get within a mile of during their campaigns.

Keep spitting YOUR truth DJ.

[laughing] The previous 4 presidents over 35 years someone found a way not to pay the world's largest sponsor of terror. And then gave the cherry on top by acquiescing to flying part of it in pallets of preferred currency in the middle of the night. Like the 500k killed in Syria andnot doing anything about Crimea, this was all about getting a legacy-setting agreement with the blessing of Russia that dumb whores like you would cherish.
Oh qwesly, once again you show your ignorance. George H. W. Bush administration returned $200 million to Iran in a partial settlement in 1990. Since I feel sorry for the ignorant like yourself I thought I'd leave you a little history lesson... read and learn something.

WHY DID THE UNITED STATES PAY IRAN?
In the 1960s and 1970s, Iran was the largest partner of the U.S. Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Program. As an Obama administration official explained earlier this year, “As part of the FMS Program, a Trust Fund was established with Iranian funds to pay U.S. contractors as work progressed on the various contracts.” In February 1979, days before the culmination of Iran’s revolution, the United States and Iran agreed to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that halted these payments and voided many of the remaining purchases. The MoU also called for Iran’s unexpended FMS funds to be placed in an interest-bearing account.

Later that year, after Iran’s seizure of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran and the detention of the American diplomats, the Carter administration froze all Iranian assets in the United States. The standoff was resolved nearly 15 months later, with an agreement that freed the hostages and established the Iran-U.S. Claims Tribunal to resolve the labyrinth of financial and commercial disputes that had emerged.

In 1982, Iran filed a claim with the Tribunal pertaining to the FMS Trust Fund, which Lisa Grosh, Assistant Legal Advisor at the Department of State, has described as “a multi-billion dollar breach-of-contract dispute covering 1,126 huge military sales contracts.”

Grosh stated that the two sides engaged in some 40 rounds of negotiations “at this level” over several decades. Iran ramped up efforts to adjudicate the claim in 2015, asking the Tribunal to schedule comprehensive hearings on the outstanding FMS claims and requesting a preliminary ruling. The FMS Trust Fund amounted to $600 million until the George H. W. Bush administration returned $200 million to Iran in a partial settlement in 1990.

The settlement announced in January involved two parts: return of the $400 million principal and payment of $1.3 billion in interest.

You can read more here...

I can handle truth. I know what Trump was before he became POTUS.

I know what Clinton was WHILE he was POTUS and what he and his wife are NOW. They peddled influence through their foundation WHILE she was Sec of State. They are the most corrupt people in politics.

Obama had more scandals as POTUS than Bill had affairs. IRS, Bhengazi, Fast and Furious, etc. Yet nary a word from you about that. All you have is to post pictures of products made in China. Keep spinning DJ.

Trump has achieved record low unemployment for minorities, gotten soldier remains returned to US form NK, boomed the economy, started building the wall, etc.

Obama couldn't find his rear end with a flashlight and both hands. He did achieve record levels of people of government assistance though, so there's that. Oh yeah, almost forgot, the great Obamacare that not one Dem even wants to mention or get within a mile of during their campaigns.

Keep spitting YOUR truth DJ.
Yet all those scandals were investigated by the GOP and all found to be big nothings. You keep forgetting that part.

Boomed the economy by borrowing $1T+ from China all while selling out allies in favor of his Russian puppet masters.
I bet you could boom your own personal economy by maxing out all of your credit cards...or have you already done it?

In just a few years you'll never admit that you followed the idiot that is Trump.

Oh qwesly, once again you show your ignorance. George H. W. Bush administration returned $200 million to Iran in a partial settlement in 1990. Since I feel sorry for the ignorant like yourself I thought I'd leave you a little history lesson... read and learn something.

WHY DID THE UNITED STATES PAY IRAN?
In the 1960s and 1970s, Iran was the largest partner of the U.S. Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Program. As an Obama administration official explained earlier this year, “As part of the FMS Program, a Trust Fund was established with Iranian funds to pay U.S. contractors as work progressed on the various contracts.” In February 1979, days before the culmination of Iran’s revolution, the United States and Iran agreed to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that halted these payments and voided many of the remaining purchases. The MoU also called for Iran’s unexpended FMS funds to be placed in an interest-bearing account.

Later that year, after Iran’s seizure of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran and the detention of the American diplomats, the Carter administration froze all Iranian assets in the United States. The standoff was resolved nearly 15 months later, with an agreement that freed the hostages and established the Iran-U.S. Claims Tribunal to resolve the labyrinth of financial and commercial disputes that had emerged.

In 1982, Iran filed a claim with the Tribunal pertaining to the FMS Trust Fund, which Lisa Grosh, Assistant Legal Advisor at the Department of State, has described as “a multi-billion dollar breach-of-contract dispute covering 1,126 huge military sales contracts.”

Grosh stated that the two sides engaged in some 40 rounds of negotiations “at this level” over several decades. Iran ramped up efforts to adjudicate the claim in 2015, asking the Tribunal to schedule comprehensive hearings on the outstanding FMS claims and requesting a preliminary ruling. The FMS Trust Fund amounted to $600 million until the George H. W. Bush administration returned $200 million to Iran in a partial settlement in 1990.

The settlement announced in January involved two parts: return of the $400 million principal and payment of $1.3 billion in interest.

You can read more here...
So Bush I gave them 4 whole %, wow...a real leader after seeing how they were funding the targeting of American soldiers the past few years would told them to eff off before paying them anything. You know he wanted the deal, they bragged about how they used the media to sell to dumbasses like you. And did Russia want the deal? Were they happy he pussed out in Syria? A lot of bad things happened so you can cheerlead. Amazing in over a decade on here you can't type one syllable critical of a Dem, even scumbags like the Clintons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT