ADVERTISEMENT

Could the NBA Be Any More of a Scumbag Institution?

It would be good for Morey to stand firm in his remarks. He expressed a personal opinion and is now being silenced by the NBA much like Google allows the Chinese to silence the information on the internet in China - if it goes off the narrative set by the government. Not only are citizens of China being silenced, they are also being tracked by their posts and are summarily losing jobs and income if they fail to uphold the Communist party line. And Google facilitates this because of the amount of $$$ involved...it is happening in many places unfortunately.

It would be good for Morey to stand firm in his remarks. He expressed a personal opinion and is now being silenced by the NBA much like Google allows the Chinese to silence the information on the internet in China - if it goes off the narrative set by the government. Not only are citizens of China being silenced, they are also being tracked by their posts and are summarily losing jobs and income if they fail to uphold the Communist party line. And Google facilitates this because of the amount of $$$ involved...it is happening in many places unfortunately.

Yes, the primary reason I abhor Google and everything they stand for....They are one of the most unethical, unAmerican companies in the world.....No ethics, no standards, no decency......Just watch their CEO. He's a lying dirtbag.

Google doesn't "allow" China to silence information. China does it all on their own. The Chinese Govt. runs a huge firewall controlling all information coming in and going out of the country. Restricting their citizens access to and open internet so they only see what the Govt. wants. In fact, a couple year ago Google pulled all of it's search services and Google Maps out of China because it was being filtered and manipulated by the Govt so much. Google still has a presence in China making specific products for that market like any company would. But Don't come spouting hate on things you apparently don't actually know anything about. Google and most large Internet companies do lots of shady things, but that's not one of them.

Its not just the NBA, there are tons of US companies that turn the other way because of the $ associated with China.

There are currently concentration camps in China, they are responsible for extinction/near extinction of animals from the Pacific Ocean to Russia to Africa, they exploit other countries for their natural resources. It truly is a piece is shit country but everyone ignores it because of the economic ramifications.

The Chinese policy towards Taiwan is literally "if you claim independence we will bomb you". Seems a little more worth protesting than trans bathrooms for instance...but yeah, money talks.

Reactions: CB3UK and d2atTech
Its not just the NBA, there are tons of US companies that turn the other way because of the $ associated with China.

There are currently concentration camps in China, they are responsible for extinction/near extinction of animals from the Pacific Ocean to Russia to Africa, they exploit other countries for their natural resources. It truly is a piece is shit country but everyone ignores it because of the economic ramifications.
There are 268 items for sale on the Trump Organization’s online store. Of those, 41 are made in the USA and listed in a separate section highlighting US goods. That means American products make up exactly 15.298507462686567% of the Trump Store’s available merchandise.

D6OGyQQWkAESZiF

D6OY4qgU0AAwUj4

D6NIcXMWAAI86C8

D6NIknNW0AEQ0vZ

D6OY-2wUcAEu__k

D6N9nEqUIAACcZ5

Reactions: d2atTech
Guess the President also doesn't deserve your support, since he supposedly promised to stay quiet on the protests?

There are 268 items for sale on the Trump Organization’s online store. Of those, 41 are made in the USA and listed in a separate section highlighting US goods. That means American products make up exactly 15.298507462686567% of the Trump Store’s available merchandise.

D6OGyQQWkAESZiF

D6OY4qgU0AAwUj4

D6NIcXMWAAI86C8

D6NIknNW0AEQ0vZ

D6OY-2wUcAEu__k

D6N9nEqUIAACcZ5
It's weird how ppl have to point to some other wrong when someone else does wrong.

Economically china will need for ppl to put a strain on them.

But this by the nba is ironic bc they pretend they're so woke all the time.

They boycott North Carolina over. 03 percent of the population wanting their own bathroom. Okay cool whatever..I dont care. But then they are silent on a country that at this moment is throwing muslims in concentration camps. I thought lbj was all about calling out oppression. Muhammed Ali would and not give a shit what anyone thought.

They talk about police brutality..cool I get it. I hate police. But they are silent on Chinese police shooting and beating Hong Kong citizens in the street.

I guess sometimes sole ppls oppression just isnt as important. I guess borders matter now and only ppl inside ours matters

In short- china said "shut up and dribble" and the nba said "Yes Sir!"

Theres bi partisan support on this. Of course some have a need to make it political to say no you cant support equality bc I dont like you....okay

I know some think the president is supposed to be a god king as opposed to a powerless bill veto or pass figure tho. But while we are speaking of it- hate or love trump he has indeed been tougher on China than any other president. Meanwhile, It's weird ppl attacking the right on china have yet to speak up on Chinas emissions...since they are "super cereal" about climate change.

Last edited:
It's funny how the wokest of the NBA (Kerr, Pop, LBJ, etc.) have said absolutely ZERO about this. They're so fake and full of shit it's unbelievable.

The NBA, Disney ESPN, and hell the United States want this story to go away. It's going down the memory hole as fast as possible. South Park also just got banned in China. Magically nobody has an opinion.

Your commie has no regard for human life, even his own.

Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it?

Reactions: d2atTech
DeAndre Jordan was just interviewed and asked to comment and his response (summarized): "I am not an expert on those things, I am just here to play basketball". Perfect.

Reactions: P19978
quick answer ,,,, NO
Even with all the ass kissing China blacked out their games...
Maybe if they all took knee and raised a fist during the NA they'd get some cred with the commies.

This is all about money for the NBA. Let's see if these athletes who've been critical of the greatest country in the world by protesting our national anthem due to what they believe are unfair treatment of citizens, put their money where their mouth is. Or will they tow the company line.

Normally very opinionated Steve Kerr suddenly has no opinion.

Kerr very convienently takes the "no comment" stance in this one but has done this in past. :confused:.

"Kerr has never shied away from social and political issues, supporting Colin Kaepernick’s right to protest police brutality during the national anthem and speaking out against President Trump’s immigration policies. But he always has tempered his comments with pleas for everyone to simply listen to one another. Such was the case last month, when he urged his players to discuss a possible White House visit even though a number of them already had said they would prefer not to celebrate their most recent NBA title at Trump’s official residence. (It turned out to be a moot point, as Trump later said the Warriors would not be welcome.)"

Look at these Scumbags defend China's oppression just to protect their bottom line....

https://thehill.com/homenews/464597-nba-under-fire-for-shameful-response-to-china-controversy

I will stop watching most of the NBA because now I know just how scummy Adam Silver and most players are in the NBA.
It is scary when China tells two NBA executives they have no right to free speech. Let them cancel televising the Lakers. If I were Silver and the Lakers I’d get on a plane and come home right now. With so much news about their economic might I think some forget they are communist! Everything their people see and read is controlled by a very few.

It is scary when China tells two NBA executives they have no right to free speech. Let them cancel televising the Lakers. If I were Silver and the Lakers I’d get on a plane and come home right now. With so much news about their economic might I think some forget they are communist! Everything their people see and read is controlled by a very few.
The potential of losing $4B will make a lot of people think twice. There are a lot of players and management/ownership that have a lot of $$ at risk.
Example: Chuck Hayes had a $5M contract with a Chinese apparel company when he was with the rockets. How would you feel if you lost your $5M over what someone else said? That was 12 yrs ago...imagine what some of those contracts are worth today?

It's easy for us to criticize the reactions as we have no skin in the game. I'd say we ought to wait a few days and see how everything shakes out before drawing too many conclusions. That said I'll be extremely disappointed if the NBA doesn't revise their position even more than they already have in the next few days in favor of free speech. The real question will be regardless of what the NBA says, how deeply other players and management make comments that are critical of China going forward?

Yeah, the NBA pulled the All-Star game out of Charlotte over the gay rights/transgender thing...but that didn't cost the NBA or anyone other than those in NC anything and those dollars went elsewhere to the new venue. This is putting nearly 20% of all NBA revenues in jeopardy.

Follow the money.

Look at these Scumbags defend China's oppression just to protect their bottom line....

https://thehill.com/homenews/464597-nba-under-fire-for-shameful-response-to-china-controversy

I will stop watching most of the NBA because now I know just how scummy Adam Silver and most players are in the NBA.
Ignorance is bliss. It only takes a little analysis to understand what is going on here. If the NBA breaks of from their Chinese deal then nearly a million people will lose their jobs. Adam Silver could have went about this situation better but don't act like they're scummy. Thats dumb as hell.

ADVERTISEMENT