ADVERTISEMENT

Could Indiana get the Louisville regional ahead of us?

I would not be able to take being around all the IU fans. She has gone with me the past couple of years to to UK games in Indy and Louisville, but most UK fans are not dicks like Indiana fans. Even after doing nothing for 30 years they are insufferable!

(I live in Evansville, IN) Ate at a B-dubs last week during the Florida game...the IU game was next. Place filled up with IU fans and once the game started they clapped & cheered for EVERYTHING!! It was unbelievable... IU gets the tip...clap clap clap clap, IU takes a 2-0 lead place erupts w/cheers.... I don't get it?!? Well, the clapping part I do...it is IU afterall.

Best part was when I got home, my son wanted to know where I was. I told him I had to leave at halftime, couldn't take it any longer...
He said "Man, they're horrible...they clap for EVERYTHING!" [laughing]

The only way UK and IU are in the same (Louisville) bracket is if they are a 2 and we are a 3. Kentucky will NOT get to go to Louisville as a 4. It will take a 3 or better to get us to Louisville. However, I bet the committee would be chomping at the bit to see UK v IU in Louisville on the first day of the second weekend. Winner heads plays for the regional final.

(I live in Evansville, IN) Ate at a B-dubs last week during the Florida game...the IU game was next. Place filled up with IU fans and once the game started they clapped & cheered for EVERYTHING!! It was unbelievable... IU gets the tip...clap clap clap clap, IU takes a 2-0 lead place erupts w/cheers.... I don't get it?!? Well, the clapping part I do...it is IU afterall.

Best part was when I got home, my son wanted to know where I was. I told him I had to leave at halftime, couldn't take it any longer...
He said "Man, they're horrible...they clap for EVERYTHING!" [laughing]
The clapping is annoying as hell, especially home games!

Reactions: OldEvilleCat
I don't care if it's a regional. unc and dUKe have played many games in NC over there years. And that has bound to have given them an edge. Now, UK finally has a place in KY where they can play. I say they deserve the chance. SCREW iu!!!!!!
If they are a 1 or 2 seed. They play in NC. Every time. This year will be no different for unc. That is BS.

it's fannies in the seats..IU doesn't travel like UK..I'm not sure if eye u has a fan base since Booby Knight left..UK would sell the YUM!! out..IU not so much..:boxing::boxing:

This isn't true. They travel like crazy when they're decent to good. I was in Atlanta in 2012 and there were more of them there than there were UK fans (though it was close). They are hungry, they would travel in droves to Louisville.

It's been a generation since they were good so we have no way of knowing if this is still true

they can't afford to get to indianapolis, louisville must be like atlantis to them.

Reactions: jedwar
Don't be fooled, IU would be a very tough matchup if we somehow ended up playing them.
About the only chance of that happening is if IU wins the B10 Tourney and UK wins the SEC. Theoretically, you could end up with IU as a 2 and UK as a 3 under that scenario. And under that scenario, let me ask: would you rather play IU, or play someone from among Oklahoma, Michigan State, Virginia, UNC, Xavier, or Miami? Because those are the other schools most likely to be on the 2 line.

I know how I'd answer that question.

About the only chance of that happening is if IU wins the B10 Tourney and UK wins the SEC. Theoretically, you could end up with IU as a 2 and UK as a 3 under that scenario. And under that scenario, let me ask: would you rather play IU, or play someone from among Oklahoma, Michigan State, Virginia, UNC, Xavier, or Miami? Because those are the other schools most likely to be on the 2 line.

I know how I'd answer that question.
Oh I agree. I think a lot of people on here think we're a lot better than IU, but I'm not so sure. If we have all our pieces and Skal continues his play, we're definitely better.

IU is definitely on fire right now...if they hit their threes they will be a tough out. Yogi is solid...he should be. I think he's started every game since he was a Freshman...just imagine Tyler with two more years...anyways, the guy on the sidelines keeps me from worrying about them making a run past the Sweet 16. Yogi is good...but even he doesn't have enough talent to overcome Crean's lacking of coaching skills in pressure packed situations.

IU is definitely on fire right now...if they hit their threes they will be a tough out. Yogi is solid...he should be. I think he's started every game since he was a Freshman...just imagine Tyler with two more years...anyways, the guy on the sidelines keeps me from worrying about them making a run past the Sweet 16. Yogi is good...but even he doesn't have enough talent to overcome Crean's lacking of coaching skills in pressure packed situations.
Live by three die by the three.

Indiana will flame out with a cold shooting night in the Big Dance.

actually, Bloomington is 36 miles more...but I would imagine both could be there..seeding prob still comes down to how each does in their conference tourney, IU winning it all...could move up to a 2 seed and UK a 3 with winning theirs

ADVERTISEMENT