ADVERTISEMENT

Could Arkansas be the favorite to win the SEC next season?

crawfords corner

All-American
Jul 9, 2004
Transfers:

Chris Lykes
Au'diese Toney
Stanley Umude

Incoming Freshmen:

Chance Moore. Sounds like a guy who might make a jump in the ratings. Good shooter(supposedly one of the better 3-pt shooters in the class) and scorer, playmaker, athlete, and is long and wiry. Couldn't find much on the big man juco transfer.

Returning:
Notae
Davis
Vanover
Kamani Johnson
Vanover

Biggest losses:
Moses Moody
Jalen Tate
also Desi Sills

One Arkansas site said the one thing they'd still like to bring in is one more very capable 3 point shooter. They like what they have but want 1 more sharpshooter. Perhaps an Arkansas fan could chime in and give a little more detail of what Musselman is looking at.
The article below lists the names of some targets. From the names listed Xavier Pinson sounds like the guy who most meets their needs(not a great 3-pt shooter but would be their best PG option imo).

Advantage Delmar...he's been poaching other rosters for years now...

f4db8989-a0f8-465d-bb35-8d91298ae364_text.gif

Need to look at these transfers some more but our coach surprisingly made some nice pickups. If they mesh together we will be a threat to win the SEC I think. Our coach would probably find a way to lose the conference right at the end however.
Your Coach seemed to have that deer in the headlights look in every close game this year.

Our coach looked like he had just swallowed a large pepperoni pizza.

Transfers:

Chris Lykes
Au'diese Toney
Stanley Umude

Incoming Freshmen:

Chance Moore. Sounds like a guy who might make a jump in the ratings. Good shooter(supposedly one of the better 3-pt shooters in the class) and scorer, playmaker, athlete, and is long and wiry. Couldn't find much on the big man juco transfer.

Returning:
Notae
Davis
Vanover
Kamani Johnson
Vanover

Biggest losses:
Moses Moody
Jalen Tate
also Desi Sills

One Arkansas site said the one thing they'd still like to bring in is one more very capable 3 point shooter. They like what they have but want 1 more sharpshooter. Perhaps an Arkansas fan could chime in and give a little more detail of what Musselman is looking at.
The article below lists the names of some targets. From the names listed Xavier Pinson sounds like the guy who most meets their needs(not a great 3-pt shooter but would be their best PG option imo).

Justin Smith should definitely be in the big losses category.

Chris Lykes will probably start at PG. Another thing to consider is KK Robinson missed almost all of this year with a foot injury and he will factor in at PG too - he was actually rated higher than Moses Moody in the final recruiting rankings on some sites. A lot of Arkansas fans think he's going to be really good.

I don't see us taking another PG but we could use a knockdown shooter or another big - some have mentioned Brady Manek from Oklahoma but it seems like the staff is also going after Taze Moore from CSU-Bakersfield pretty hard. We have one spot available currently but that assumes no one else moves on which is possible for one of the bigs that won't play a whole lot...Vanover saw his playing time decrease a ton at the end of the season.

Not sure we win the SEC but I'm pretty confident in us being in the top three with you guys and Alabama.

Reactions: crawfords corner
Justin Smith should definitely be in the big losses category.

Chris Lykes will probably start at PG. Another thing to consider is KK Robinson missed almost all of this year with a foot injury and he will factor in at PG too - he was actually rated higher than Moses Moody in the final recruiting rankings on some sites. A lot of Arkansas fans think he's going to be really good.

I don't see us taking another PG but we could use a knockdown shooter or another big - some have mentioned Brady Manek from Oklahoma but it seems like the staff is also going after Taze Moore from CSU-Bakersfield pretty hard. We have one spot available currently but that assumes no one else moves on which is possible for one of the bigs that won't play a whole lot...Vanover saw his playing time decrease a ton at the end of the season.

Not sure we win the SEC but I'm pretty confident in us being in the top three with you guys and Alabama.

Good stuff. I debated on adding Smith to the losses from what I was reading, but just didn't know quite enough about him. Robinson is definitely a wildcard.

Xavier Pinson chose LSU today so hes off the list.

Some of our fans are looking for a 50 percent three point shooter. Lykes, Umude, Toney, Notae, KK and the Frosh, Chance Moore all hover close to 35% from downtown. We will be more athletic next year and be better on the drive. We did not have great handles as a team this year. Muss did a great job masking it. Biggest thing Moody needs work on is his dribble drive game. If Muss can get them to gel and buy in defensively, we will be pretty damn good.

Hated seeing Pinson to LSU but Wade is losing a lot. Wish he'd lose his job.

Reactions: ThreeHogNight
As the other Razorback Fans have mentioned, the Hogs have an opportunity to be very good, and in my opinion, considerably better than this season. KK Robinson was out all season with an injury but is the real deal, Davis and Williams played big roles as freshmen and should be much better, and Notae really improved.

So far, the three transfers seem like very solid players. I have never been a big fan of undersized guards due to the potential liability on the defensive end, but Chris Lykes seems to be an offensive magician and a fierce defender so I trust Coach Musselman in that decision.

This may sound crazy, but I believe that the departure of Justin Smith is a larger hole to fill than the loss of Moses Moody who will be a first round draft pick.

Reactions: JunkyardHawg
As the other Razorback Fans have mentioned, the Hogs have an opportunity to be very good, and in my opinion, considerably better than this season. KK Robinson was out all season with an injury but is the real deal, Davis and Williams played big roles as freshmen and should be much better, and Notae really improved.

So far, the three transfers seem like very solid players. I have never been a big fan of undersized guards due to the potential liability on the defensive end, but Chris Lykes seems to be an offensive magician and a fierce defender so I trust Coach Musselman in that decision.

This may sound crazy, but I believe that the departure of Justin Smith is a larger hole to fill than the loss of Moses Moody who will be a first round draft pick.
Until Delmar departs the pig pen for greener pastures...

Until Delmar departs the pig pen for greener pastures...
As the ONLY Razorback Fan...... have mentioned, the Hogs have an opportunity to be very good, and in my opinion, considerably better than this season. KK Robinson was out all season with an injury but is the real deal, Davis and Williams played big roles as freshmen and should be much better, and Notae really improved.

Arkansas, Alabama and Auburn are my top 3 in the SEC next season. Don't know enough about Tenn and Mizzo to predict anything for them. Unless Calipari finds a real stud PG, I can see us finishing 10-8 or possibly even worse.

If AU lands Scoot and reclassifies...we will have a roster that rivals anyone. Not sure it happens but cautiously optimistic.

There's a long way to go still. We only have 8 guys as of now and I'm sure with all the injuries we have seen year after year that Cal wants to have at least 11. I imagine we will end up with a good PG add and Brooks should be back. Get Mintz back and we should be really good. If not add another guard or big and we should have the pieces to put a good team on the floor. We could win the SEC, ARK and Bama will probably be right there. I think AUB is going to be much improved and if TN keeps landing people they could get back in it. Miss St and Ole miss are in for some big transfers the SEC has swallowed up over half the top transfers already and have a lot of the Top 100 recruits. The SEC is going to be tough.

There's a long way to go still. We only have 8 guys as of now and I'm sure with all the injuries we have seen year after year that Cal wants to have at least 11. I imagine we will end up with a good PG add and Brooks should be back. Get Mintz back and we should be really good. If not add another guard or big and we should have the pieces to put a good team on the floor. We could win the SEC, ARK and Bama will probably be right there. I think AUB is going to be much improved and if TN keeps landing people they could get back in it. Miss St and Ole miss are in for some big transfers the SEC has swallowed up over half the top transfers already and have a lot of the Top 100 recruits. The SEC is going to be tough.

Which “good PG” will we end up with?

ADVERTISEMENT