ADVERTISEMENT

Costs are high - and rising - in Louisville's basketball scandal cleanup

rick64

All-American
Jan 25, 2007
Louisville, KY
"Louisville and its foundation have already paid at least $1.76 million to compliance consultants and attorneys since October 2015, when Katina Powell's book alleging former basketball staff member Andre McGee provided women with thousands of dollars and game tickets in exchange for dances for and sex with players and recruits."

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...ndal-cleanup-costs-high-and-rising/586205002/

Reactions: Smashcat
"Louisville and its foundation have already paid at least $1.76 million to compliance consultants and attorneys since October 2015, when Katina Powell's book alleging former basketball staff member Andre McGee provided women with thousands of dollars and game tickets in exchange for dances for and sex with players and recruits."

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...ndal-cleanup-costs-high-and-rising/586205002/

"Game Tickets" [roll] I have heard of, I will work for food but Dayum....[roll]

Wish the state would figure out how to stop UL from ripping off the taxpayers.
Hell just figure out how to get the yum center out of the billion dollars they still owe without solely depending on tax payer money would be a start. Could have an NBA team and it would've already paid for itself but everyone had their head up Rick and Jurich Ass. Really worked out for them

Last edited:
Reactions: Aike and Sawnee Cat
He'll just figure out how to get the yum center out of the billion dollars they still owe without solely depending on tax payer money would be a start. Could have an NBA team and it would've already paid for itself but everyone had their head up Rick and Jurich Ass. Really worked out for them
I could never understand this. The City of Louisville and surrounding area would have supported an NBA franchise.

I could never understand this. The City of Louisville and surrounding area would have supported an NBA franchise.
They were scared people would support a NBA team more than UL. Half the ppl in Louisville are UK fans and don't support UL at all, but if Louisville had an NBA team then UK fans would show up to support them. Basically they wanted to have the spotlight for UL only even though they have maybe 5 marquee home games a year vs an NBA team with 41 home games most of which are marquee. They also didn't want to split the schedule with them.

"Smrt charges $235 per hour for his services, according to his original contract with the school, and his employees receive $200 per hour. The group also receives another $95 per hour for interview transcription. The group accounted for 831 billable hours in the first nine months working with Louisville, plus another 300-plus transcription hours."

giphy-downsized-large.gif

ADVERTISEMENT