Coronavirus .... the beginning of the end of America's Economy

CatsFanGG24

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 23, 2003
Somewhat strange - Louisville Hospitalization has risen to 229. ICU is at 51.
In august ICU peak of 52, hospitalization was 111 on same day.

Pelosigalore

Junior
Jan 31, 2017
What’s the deal with the spikes everywhere around the world? Countries with strict lockdowns and masks are spiking along with those with fewer restrictions. They can’t all be politics. False positives? Over reporting?

anthonys735

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2004
2015 USBWA GYERO POY
Therapy is the the way out. Waiting for an effective vac isn't feasible. That and accepting what the virus is, targeting the susceptible, allowing the rest to resume somewhat normal activity(school) rather than compounding a shitty deadly virus.

As for Fauci, he's fine, but this celebrity status and end all decision making is ridiculous. He needs other opinions, like Gupta, Levitt, Atlas, Bhattacharya, etc. Remember he said, "asymptomatic people don't drive pandemics and masks don't work." Can't pick and choose, Tony. You know the truth, don't flip flop because it's not popular.

Last edited:

Cantwaitfor8

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2008
Therapy is the the way out. Waiting for an effective vac isn't feasible. That and accepting what the virus is, targeting the susceptible, allowing the rest to resume somewhat normal activity(school) rather than compounding a shitty deadly virus.

As for Fauci, he's fine, but this celebrity status and end all decision making is ridiculous. He needs other opinions, like Gupta, Levitt, Atlas, Bhattacharya, etc. Remember he said, "asymptomatic people don't drive pandemics and masks don't work." Can't pick and choose, Tony. You know the truth, don't flip flop because it's not popular.
100% dead on with everything here!

UKGrad93

All-American
Jun 20, 2007
On the Flat Earth
Pfizer vaccine is ready with the data - looking to get FDA EUA on Nov 20 according to one site with sources.
A hospital in my area has been involved with this trial. They are setting up to receive a bunch of doses next month. I’ll try to post a link tomorrow. I know someone that registered to be a research subject in the trial. She’s waiting to hear back.

CastleRubric

Junior
Nov 11, 2011
50ampfuse.blog
A hospital in my area has been involved with this trial. They are setting up to receive a bunch of doses next month. I’ll try to post a link tomorrow. I know someone that registered to be a research subject in the trial. She’s waiting to hear back.
Is that hospital a teaching hospital by any chance ?

and do you have any military bases in your vacinity?

CatsFanGG24

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 23, 2003
are we finally done with this?
I think people are getting close in general.

Learning to live with it. This was the last hurdle the lockdown Govs needed to open...no more hoops or ideas they have. So once it hits arms, I feel people will be finished with all the restrictions....or one can hope.

US has 115M or so people over 50. With opt outs and extremely elderly, that # will be much lower...potential to have 100M doses of vaccine by year end. Almost Nov now...so yes - getting there soon imo (No matter how good the vax works)

CastleRubric

Junior
Nov 11, 2011
50ampfuse.blog
Since the virus is a novel one - and part of what that means is that no one has ever encountered it before ....

and it’s a novel virus from a very common family (ie corona viruses) -

since it’s brand new and never been seen before - wouldn’t that indicate a mutation has occurred ?

(ruling out for the moment that it was lab created as a biological warfare agent)

Some instances of a virus mutating can mean it becomes more virulent or resistant to various environmental conditions

Some changes don’t increase the stability of the virus at all but still change it enough that your vaccines will not work

Does anyone remember the insanely adaptive influenza virus that spread across the US around 2009?

That was a form of H1N1 that blended the US steak and the Eurasian strains - and then mutated about 14 times in roughly 3-4 months ....specifically 12 new strains of flu coming from 2

it doesn’t make you a bad person (“anti vaxxer!” - gasp!) when you want to educate yourself on what’s getting pumped into your body -

When we get closer to the public release of some type of vaccine — ask questions and learn what you can about the trials and whether or not there’s one or two or five different types of attenuated viruses in the shot (assuming that’s possible here) - to the extent possible I’d highly encourage you to ask questions about the version you’re getting vs what’s circulating,,,,,,

personally - I won’t have anything to do with it at ALL but a lot of you are probably going to accept it - so I’d encourage you to learn as much as possible and don’t be deterred by anyone who insinuates that you should do anything else

Note : China is one of the leading developers of a vaccine - they’re doing it under emergency protocols (can mean lighter testing requirements-sometimesSKIPPING human testing) - and they ARE who they ARE

they continue to state that they are on track to have it ready by years end (lockdowns help with planned distribution)

they’ve made quick agreements to deploy that vaccine into most of their neighboring Asianneighbors (Cambodia/Vietnam/phillipines) and also Africa,,,,,,

finally — China isn’t showing anyone their test data -

so I’d definitely ask about the pint of origin

Last edited:

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
whether or not there’s one or two or five different types of attenuated viruses in the shot (assuming that’s possible here)
My understanding is that the biggest American effort is a new approach that will not contain even a part of the virus, but in some fashion tells the body to create the correct antibodies.

I’d try that one, before the British (and all the rest) that uses virus material.

Reactions: CastleRubric

CastleRubric

Junior
Nov 11, 2011
50ampfuse.blog
My understanding is that the biggest American effort is a new approach that will not contain even a part of the virus, but in some fashion tells the body to create the correct antibodies.

I’d try that one, before the British (and all the rest) that uses virus material.
Good point - I did a quick run to NIH and it sounds like you are right that the US trial version does not use an attenuated corona virus

but it does genetically modify another virus related to respiratory diseases (excerpt / link below) and attempts to remove it’s ability to cause disease within you or spread ......

the same company is apparently using that same genetically modified adenovirus as the initial injection for an Ebola vaccine

There will be multiple rounds of shots as I understand it as well - modified genetic material repeatedly introduced into humans on a wide scale after being rushed into production - worth thinking about

excerpt:

The Janssen vaccine candidate is a recombinant vector vaccine that uses a human adenovirus to express the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein in cells. Adenoviruses are a group of viruses that cause the common cold. However, the adenovirus vector used in the vaccine candidate has been modified so that it can no longer replicate in humans and cause disease.

Link :

Reactions: parrott

shockdaddy19

Blue Chip Prospect
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2012
^curing the common cold would be very profitable.

Are you all talking about the Moderna vaccine? RNA? That's the one Gates said takes the largest dose IIRC. Also, unproven technology.
I know someone who works in an office that’s trialing Moderna, it’s allgedly going well. But not to be a cynic, but that’s also the NIH/Fauci vaccine. You can bet your ass that will hit.

Reactions: anthonys735

TheShowKiller

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2002
All this vaccine talk is similar to the awesome Euros that Scott Rigot was allegedly recruiting.

We got Woo, I mean, he’s cool and all but not quite Dirk Nowitzki.

I’m just buckling in, Andy is going to be shaming us every afternoon through at least Easter. We might even start getting federal mandates (not meant as a political jab just the reality).

anthonys735

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2004
2015 USBWA GYERO POY
^ There’s nothing about Gates that I find trustworthy. Being an old IT guy, I wouldn’t trust him with a technology direction much less his opinion on the virus or a vaccine. JMO

He’s almost always been about himself.
Skeptical of him. I'm just not sure why he's the expert here other than having the resources to produce lot's of vaccines, if approved. He's more credible than Gupta, Leavitt, or Bhattacharya? Gtfo

Last edited:
Reactions: parrott