ADVERTISEMENT

Cool Day - On Campus

BlueWorldOrder74

All-American
Oct 9, 2015
Lexington
Just decided to take my son to campus today and show him around. Got luck and had a guy give us a tour through the CATS facility and Memorial. Then, walked him through the Craft Center (the public hallways), looking at trophy’s and pics. Asked a lady if we could see the practice court, she said “I guess,” and took us to a door at the end of a hall. She said “go on in and don’t tell anyone I let you in there.” We went in - it was a glass enclosed room above the practice court, mid court. Team was practicing, Cal and Barbee there. We watched for 20 minutes and left, as I sensed there was an older guy about to kick us out. Was pretty damn cool.

As for practice, Cal was on fire, as was Barbee. They were doing a lot of work at the free throw line; positioning after shots. Was very intense. Maxey didn’t stop smiling the entire time I watched with my boy. Amazing time today.

Last edited:
Just decided to take my son to campus today and show him around. Got luck and had a guy give us a tour through the CATS facility and Memorial. Then, walked him through the Craft Center (the public hallways), looking at trophy’s and pics. Asked a lady if we could see the practice court, she said “I guess,” and took us to a door at the end of a hall. She said “go on in and don’t tell anyone I let you in there.” We went in - it was a glass enclosed room above the practice court, mid court. Team was practicing, Cal and Barbee there. We watched for 20 minutes and left, as I sensed there was an older guy about to kick us out. Was pretty damn cool.

As for practice, Cal was on fire, as was Barbee. They were doing a lot of work at the free throw line; positioning after shots. Was very intense. Maxes didn’t stop smiling the entire time I watched with my boy. Amazing time today.
That’s awesome! I hope your son enjoyed himself!

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74

As for practice, Cal was on fire, as was Barbee. They were doing a lot of work at the free throw line; positioning after shots. Was very intense. Maxey didn’t stop smiling the entire time I watched with my boy. Amazing time today.
While we didn't get in the practice - we got to see the other court while they were practicing - everyone there was friendly and tried their best to make the experience a great one for us.

ADVERTISEMENT