ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Tubby!

Truthfully, I'm pretty neutral on Tubby: he's not as bad as some make him out to be and not as great as the other side makes him out to be

But really: there's no excuse as to why Barnhart hasn't scheduled a game with Tech and had a jersey retirement ceremony. ZERO excuse for it.

I fully agree with it. We should put him in the rafters.

He ran his course and our program into the dirt.
He won 76% of his games here aND in a time when the sec wasnt bad, with lsu making a final four, UT pretty good, aND flordia a national power, with teams like miss st and alabama having ranked teams..in other words he wasnt bad but wasn't awesome either..but he was good. He also had some of the best defensive teams in the country...I just wasnt a fan of his big10 style, slow offense. However he did win a championship..you can say with quick Rick's players, but I very clearly remember rick losing one the year before with even better players. Anyway, For comparison Tom izzo who everyone thinks is phenomenal has won 71%.

If someone ran the program in the ground it was the 2 alcoholics.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Their 80-71 win today should make them a lock for the tourney. An eight seed Tech could be a real threat to someone without dominant bigs, like Villanova. In related news, little Ricky lost by 20+ to an awful Rutgers team. Nice move Minnesota, 2-16 in the Big Ten.
Congratulations. You unknowingly resurrected the Tubby walking brain dead group. They can walk but they're brains are stuck in the can't get past Tubby mode. He's gone, Cal's here and the future looks bright at UK.

Last edited:
Tubby absolutely should be in the rafters.
No he shouldn't. He won with another coaches team, was lazy, was a coward with his exit, chose to play his son over better players,... Tubby can go in TT's rafters, not Rupp's.

Reactions: zannmann
Why does every Tubby supporter thread have to include,"he is a class act?" So is Cal but he isn't a lazy, won't adapt bad coach. The job is coaching. K, douche. Pimtino, major douche. Boeheim, near sighted borderline pedophile douche. So, is the job for lazy class act, or coach? I vote coach.
And, I will repeat that '98 was due to the players, not the coach who got them behind in all their games. And to those who say he was forced out, why skip town in the middle of the night?-that's a class act.
Btw, why is he no longer employed at Minny?

I made a simple assertion that many people believe. Tuuby was given extra rope, because of the PR at the time. Given UK's history (unfounded I might add), they were very careful how they had to handle Tubby. It is in large part due to the race issue. This isn't hard to understand, but some people have a hard lined agenda to promote soft bigotry and won't allow common sense into their logic. It's as simple as bad white, good black, and if someone doesn't agree with that, it's racism racism racism.

Do you have a problem with that? Because I'm not easily silenced like most terrified people of today. I won't shut up to fit that agenda. deal with it..

Let me get this straight... asking you a question in hopes of getting an answer is trying to silence you? [roll]

No wonder you never answered. smh... And a word of observation, based on all of your responses in this thread maybe it isn't me who is having a problem dealing with it. Just saying.

Looks like the two dicks are going to crash and burn in the same season.
When you mention a "dick burning", think you could describe those symptoms in a little more detail? Just trying to get some medical advice for a friend.

- R. Pitino

Reactions: .S&C.
Let me get this straight... asking you a question in hopes of getting an answer is trying to silence you? [roll]

No wonder you never answered. smh... And a word of observation, based on all of your responses in this thread maybe it isn't me who is having a problem dealing with it. Just saying.

You're not getting this. He had several post deleted for personal attacks which is common for mj. He's a maniac.

I'm being asked the same question over and over. It's a simple answer. I even said it again yet you aren't getting it or you don't want to get it. Either way, figure it out. Think really, really hard.

You're not getting this. He had several post deleted for personal attacks which is common for mj. He's a maniac.

I'm being asked the same question over and over. It's a simple answer. I even said it again yet you aren't getting it or you don't want to get it. Either way, figure it out. Think really, really hard.
Wrong.

WE had one exchange deleted- both sides of it.

But yes, by all means, keep playing the victim here. It falls right in line with everything else you're saying. You're not to be questioned about saying that Tubby would have been fired if he was white, despite a vast amount of objective evidence that would contradict that, because in your world, that's just self-evident (which it clearly is NOT). No, I'm to blame for reading that statement and asking you to justify it in a manner that goes beyond "because I say so", or "everyone knows that". You're just the poor, innocent victim of a misguided attack.

Late to the party. I'm sure I missed something about: winning 20 games every year, not missing the tournament, plow mule offense, recruiting, x's and o's,racism, not saying goodbye to his players and on and on for years.

It's always a mixed bag. Yes, there's UK fans who like and dislike Tubby ONLY because of his race. Those are the extremes. The rest of us, myself included, fall all over the map in terms of Tubby. (I was an ardent supporter until mid 2006 and ended up wanting him gone for sure after we pissed away a big lead at UGA in January 2007.)

I didn't start rooting for him again until Cal came here. When Drunkie McTexasBoy was here I rooted against OTS because of all the Tubby vs Clyde posts. I'm a UK fan and wanted UK to be better than our ex coach. Cal quickly made me not give two craps about what OTS was doing at Minny. After 2012, when UK went back to the top of the mountain where we belong, I lost any ill will I held for Coach Smith. Water under the bridge. I still dislike the two booze hounds more than Tubby.

He's done a hell of a job in Lubbock this year. I'm happy for him and wish the Red Raiders success unless they face UK. Their resume is tourney worthy.Probably a strong candidate for B12 COY. And no, he won't build a dynasty down there, but he'll have them competitive in terms of making the NCAAs 2 out every 3-4 years.

I read where Tubby will become only 2nd coach in NCAA history to take 5 different schools to the Big Dance.
Who is the other?

Reactions: .S&C.
Truthfully, I'm pretty neutral on Tubby: he's not as bad as some make him out to be and not as great as the other side makes him out to be

But really: there's no excuse as to why Barnhart hasn't scheduled a game with Tech and had a jersey retirement ceremony. ZERO excuse for it.
I was told 2 weeks ago by UK Asst AD that they are waiting til Tubby retires to do the jersey thing..

You couldn't be more wrong. Minnesota was 8-22 and 3-13 in the Big Ten the year before he took over and they were very solid during his tenure with three NCAA appearances in five years. They have 12 total appearances over 60 years of tourneys as a measuring stick.
Oh, I could be more wrong or a moron but... He had teams that were expected to win Big Ten titles outright and make decent tourney runs. Uh, seems that he didn't pick up the paste and had typical lack of discipline issues. Minnesota didn't hire a new up and coming coach. They hired what they expected to be a perrennial winner in the conf and tourney. Instead, they got the guy who hangs out in the bath tub too long.

I think that is fair . After the way Pitino turned out I doubt we'll ever honor another coach until he retires .

Good point maybe they have changed their stance on that. Because I remember MJ saying that was a possibility for next year bringing in TT and retiring his jersey.

ADVERTISEMENT