ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Gary Henderson...

I agree with this. I was not a a big fan of Hendo while he was here, but he has done a remarkable job this year after taking over a dumpster fire and taking a lot of lumps early in the season. He has now gone on the road to win a regional in Tally, and then a super in Nashville. Very impressive.

I agree with this. I was not a a big fan of Hendo while he was here, but he has done a remarkable job this year after taking over a dumpster fire and taking a lot of lumps early in the season. He has now gone on the road to win a regional in Tally, and then a super in Nashville. Very impressive.

I know. Why couldn't he build a winner when he was here?

I know. Why couldn't he build a winner when he was here?

Well part of the run is luck. They were basically dead in the water until a walk off 3 run home run saved them from bowing out in two games.

Still, they are doing something that Henderson couldn't do here and that is to play well at the end of the year. The biggest deals are they are hitting the ball. Pitching is actually a bit worse than it has been throughout the year, but in post season (without the weird 20-10 Oklahoma game) they are averaging 2 more runs per game. The big part of this is with home runs. They have almost doubled their home run per game output in the tournament.

If you ask me, they are probably actually winning despite of Henderson. Lol

Reactions: law1127
He did a fine job with that team. They play 4 freshmen a lot. They have talented upper classmen like Mangum, and their 2nd baseman.
Veteran pitchers like Pilkington, McQueary, Roth also. So, they have a great winning tradition as well, they play Washington their 1st game, so they could win their opener at the CWS.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Henderson’s teams at UK ,never made a critical play whether,pitching,hitting ,or fielding during his term . They played very uninspired,and his pitching substitutions were beyond mystifying!

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT