ADVERTISEMENT

Complete SEC non-divisional opponents

Georgia got a friendly draw

We hot our 21 and 22 rotating opponents, the ones everyone should have gotten and no one CV ould have complained. But Bama and UF didnt want yo play each other and that ended that. UK and UGA both play Bama, AU and State. You got OM, we got Arky. How much closer could they be?

Reactions: Nuke99m
For those that think UGA got a friendly draw, don't UK and UGA have the same opponents other than substituting Ole Miss for Arkansas? Btw, I thought LSU came out well.

Arkansas has to play Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and Texas A&M.[roll]Good thing they have that @Miss St and @Missori to really break the season up.;)

So Bama gets Kentucky and Missouri.....
LOL
Was it a random draw live on tv or behind closed doors?

Anyways, Its an opportunity to play bama and IF we beat them its a big deal toward going to the SEC championship. However, actually seeing the schedule, we have pretty much all of the hard teams on the road except Georgia and to be honest, it sucks not having the non-conference because we would smoke those teams and it very well could be 4-6.
Florida, Tennesee, and Auburn (all games that we have a shot at are on the road)
TOUGH break for the cats, our best team we have ever had coupled with what seems to be the toughest schedule we've ever had.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
It looks fairish to me. Granted, all I care about is Kentucky, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee. Us and our only opponents with any shot at SEC East.

I think Florida has the upper hand. LSU loses a lot. I would trust Saban and Bama to reload more than them. They also get Texas Am over Auburn. A&M can't win big games. Auburn gets up for them, but blows the gimmees.

Tennessee starts in the hole. Bama, Auburn and A&M is unfortunate. Someone at headquarter has an axe to ground.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
I can't believe people don't understand how this works. You play everyone in your division. Then you play two good teams and two bad teams from the other. Obviously can't be perfectly even. But it looks like they tried and were pretty close.
Agree. Not sure what people expected.

I am wondering how the empty or near empty stadiums will affect the games?
Probably be weird in the 1st Qtr for the players but after that, it may not matter except when a big play is made.

Let’s freaking go!

giphy-downsized.gif

Doubt we play half of these games ... but looks fun as hell on paper.

OT: Did you nerge the thread I started with the thread Glenn started?
His had a different title.
Is that SOP?
No problem just wondering. Had me thinking my browser was messed up.

Last edited:
It is fine with that we add one tougher team and one poor team to our current slate. But I'll be ticked if these opponents do not count in our future West rotations. We should not have to play bama for a few years

And UGA got a silly easy two added and those teams should rotate off just the same so they do t get to avoid those good teams in futures

It is fine with that we add one tougher team and one poor team to our current slate. But I'll be ticked if these opponents do not count in our future West rotations. We should not have to play bama for a few years

And UGA got a silly easy two added and those teams should rotate off just the same so they do t get to avoid those good teams in futures

We play Mississippi State every year. Georgia plays Auburn. We come out ahead regardless.

We play Mississippi State every year. Georgia plays Auburn. We come out ahead regardless.
Not my point...
1. We play Miss St as the SEC tried to line up the top/middle/low tier programs of SEC East to West. Vandy gets Ole Miss. UGA get Auburn, etc...
- If you don't like it, I can see it and you can try to get it changed....but there is a rationale for why the permanent SEC West foes were picked.
2. UGA plays Bama this year as it is a natural West rotation...and they haven't played Bama in regular season since 2015 (and got hammered). So to pick up Arkansas and Miss St is a cupcake walk for them and clearly gives them a heads up in SEC East race.

My only lack of trust in SEC (yes I think we stack the deck for the big dogs in SEC in schedules (Bama always get bye weeks/non conference scrubs teh week before big SEC games). All teams that rotate on the two additional games this year should have them put in the rotations for future years. We should not have to play Auburn, Ole Miss and Bama until we've had a shot to play LSU, Texas AM, Arkansas in future rotations...that is all I'm saying.

The hard thing for us to digest: UK is now considered top half in the SEC!

Arky: it doesn’t matter who they play, really. Give them a MAC schedule and .500 would be a stretch.

I look forward to a trip to Bama w/o 90K there to make noise.

Ole Miss at home? Our defensive players are ready for John Rice Plumbly; they chased LBJ all last year in practice.

Reactions: ukgrad2004
I might have overlooked a year somewhere, but this looks like it's the first time since 1935 that Kentucky will play both Alabama and Auburn on the road in the same season.

Kentucky played Alabama in Birmingham and played Auburn in Montgomery that year, so this might be the first and only time that the Cats will ever play both Alabama schools on the road in their respective stadiums during the same year.

Reactions: The-Hack
I imagine all fan bases are not happy. As strong as the SEC west has been the past few years, it doesnt really matter does it?

Gonna be some really nice football games. All SEC teams may be starting third string, fresh and walkons by seasons end.

Not my point...
1. We play Miss St as the SEC tried to line up the top/middle/low tier programs of SEC East to West. Vandy gets Ole Miss. UGA get Auburn, etc...
- If you don't like it, I can see it and you can try to get it changed....but there is a rationale for why the permanent SEC West foes were picked.
2. UGA plays Bama this year as it is a natural West rotation...and they haven't played Bama in regular season since 2015 (and got hammered). So to pick up Arkansas and Miss St is a cupcake walk for them and clearly gives them a heads up in SEC East race.

My only lack of trust in SEC (yes I think we stack the deck for the big dogs in SEC in schedules (Bama always get bye weeks/non conference scrubs teh week before big SEC games). All teams that rotate on the two additional games this year should have them put in the rotations for future years. We should not have to play Auburn, Ole Miss and Bama until we've had a shot to play LSU, Texas AM, Arkansas in future rotations...that is all I'm saying.

I understand your point. If the SEC had grown a ser and everyone played their 21 and 22 rotation there could be no complaints. But they let Bama and UF talk them out of that rotation because they didnt want to play each other regular season.

UGA had the number 1 and 4 teams from the west on the original schedule. I am sure the rest of the East would have been thrilled if we drew the 2 and 3 as the 2 new ones. But we ended up with 1,4, 5 and 7. UK ended up with 1,4, 5 and 6 UF ended up with 2, 3, 6,7. UT has 1,3,4, and 7. Those are pretty even schedules.

Reactions: K_TIME
Easier to see who got the best of schedule by who teams don’t play.

Alabama- South Carolina. Vanderbilt ,Florida
Auburn- Vanderbilt, Florida, Missouri
Arkansas- Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina
Georgia- Mississippi, LSU, Texas A&M
Florida- Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State
Kentucky- Arkansas, Texas A&M, LSU
LSU- Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee
Mississippi- Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee
Mississippi State- Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina
Missouri-Auburn, Mississippi, Texas A&M
South Carolina- Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi State
Tennessee-LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State
Texas A&M- Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri
Vanderbilt- Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas

Note: Used UKvisitor’s post that has who teams play to compile this list. If any errors, I apologize.

If we go 7-3 against that schedule (pipe dream perhaps), then we deserve a nice bowl game. If the bowls happen.

ADVERTISEMENT