ADVERTISEMENT

Combine invite list

I would think Gabriel will still get some individual team workouts. But this tells you his chances of getting drafted in this draft are very slim.

I don't think so, but the article definitely says participating.

I assumed he was invited but not going. Definitely some mixed signals.
It does say participating and list the players that turned it dow like Ayton, but no mention of Diallo.

To me, this is very telling about Washington and Vanderbilt getting invites. Despite what we all think on here, a lot of scouts and such think that they are good enough to be invited to the combine and most likely are going to be drafted, potentially even first round. Both players are types that would/will kill it at the combine and could very easily raise their stock enough into the first round. Vanderbilt has an insane amount of potential and oozing with talent. Washington is just really really tough and has a great skillset. We'll see.

To me, this is very telling about Washington and Vanderbilt getting invites. Despite what we all think on here, a lot of scouts and such think that they are good enough to be invited to the combine and most likely are going to be drafted, potentially even first round. Both players are types that would/will kill it at the combine and could very easily raise their stock enough into the first round. Vanderbilt has an insane amount of potential and oozing with talent. Washington is just really really tough and has a great skillset. We'll see.

Being invited and going first round are not mutual.

Reactions: Cindog28

Again how is Vanderbilt going to work out on a bad leg ?

Reactions: Elijah55

You clearly aren't familiar with the draft combine if you think being invited means you're a potential first round guy lol.

You clearly aren't familiar with the draft combine if you think being invited means you're a potential first round guy lol.

I didn't say that. I said they are both players who could work themselves into the 1st round because of the combine. At least that's what I meant.

Marcus Lee received an invite when he was at Kentucky.

Briscoe received an invite while at Kentucky

There are many reasons you’re not employed as a scout for an NBA team.

Reactions: Rockford
So much incorrect information being put out surrounding the combine. Why? Why does Diallo come out and say they were all invited, when Gabriel wasn't?

prayers sent to Jesus (an auburn fan) that Austin Wiley has a bad combine and returns to AU to help terrorize the SEC next season

Normally I'd think this means Gabriel returns, but I kinda get the impression that Wenyen may be determined to move on no matter what.

I wouldn't be shocked if he went the Briscoe/Humphries route, opting for an overseas salary over a return to college.

Reactions: FactCheckerUSA
So I don’t follow the combine stuff, but if you are a sure fire lottery like Bagley etc., why would you go to the combine?

ADVERTISEMENT