ADVERTISEMENT

Collins recruited by Lucas, likes replacement Turner

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
“It’s good having him,” Collins said of Turner. “Someone I have a relationship with already and someone I’ve known for a long time, so it’s really good having him on the staff.

“He’s a cool person, loves everybody, just a good person.”

Why did you dislike bringing Jai here?

Not Drew but I had my reservations as well. Jai had a chance to play here from what I remember and he jilted UK good or bad (AND, I do not know any back stories as to why.). About the same with Donovan.. after he first turned down UK and then from what I read he turned down UK again later... (Just from what I read on here over the years.) and to see some posters still fawn over Donovan like he is some UK savior.. Just turns my stomach. Never was a beggar... jmusao

Not Drew but I had my reservations as well. Jai had a chance to play here from what I remember and he jilted UK good or bad (AND, I do not know any back stories as to why.). About the same with Donovan.. after he first turned down UK and then from what I read he turned down UK again later... (Just from what I read on here over the years.) and to see some posters still fawn over Donovan like he is some UK savior.. Just turns my stomach. Never was a beggar... jmusao

Donovan would still be a heck of a coach. I wanted him after Tubby left as I wasn’t high on Cal with the scandal stuff (which we’ve seen for the most part to be bunk).

Hi we’re knowing Donovan turned us down twice, I don’t really want him here unless he truly wants to be. That’s a recipe for disaster otherwise.

Cal is my guy as long as he can produce and be pre 2015 Cal. Anything less? He can hit the road.

Reactions: Fox2monk and BBUK
Why did you dislike bringing Jai here?

Yep what @BBUK said, he had his chance once to be apart of this program and he turned it down. I would not have let him come and use Kentucky for his personal gains after that. Turns out, that’s exactly what he did. Calipari should have more sense than that, but we can say that about a lot of his decisions

i was in the minority on that thinking.

I really think Collins is going to be the next WCS..everything that touches that rim should be his
I think you aren’t far off. I think more like Skal could have been if he returned and Cal realized he was not a post player.

Jai's career numbers
Career Stats
  • PTS. 6.0.
  • REB. 1.3.
  • AST. 1.8.
  • FG% 43.8
One year Florida
Leaves there
2 years Texas.
is he happy anywhere.
He really cant have that great a relationshipwith his dad. His Dad' substance abuse problem is very well known.
Maybe born with a Golden spoon
Every person he has recruited to College has a total of ZERO WINS IN NCAA TOURNAMENT.
That is 7 years of recruiting and 6 tournaments as an assistant coach.
I just never got it.
It reminds me when we lost Tee Martin in Football. How awful, football is over, Stoops fixed that.i think. Ok, Vince Marrow fixed that.

Go Cats

Yea, Cal really jacked up with Skal..he is the one recruit that really bothers me…so much talent, but such little production
Cal was trying to make him a more complete player, IMO. It just backfired on him. It worked with Towns though. I can remember reading an ESPN article about how Towns stayed around the perimeter or shot 3’s in high school and didn’t have no moves in the paint at all until our coaching staff worked with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT