ADVERTISEMENT

Collin Hartmann committed

In terms of class needs and ability this is a pretty good find for no more than what a PWO gets (food and travel)

The kid looks pretty good actually.

I'm not an expert but I like how he tracks, his vision, and his disruption. Seems pretty good at finding the ball, getting to it, or making the QB sh* himself.

Not a ton of speed but I could see a bit of time in the weight room paying dividends.

Happy to have another DE with great potential.

Reactions: Big_Blue_Blaster
At that size could be a move to offensive line. Could be a rangy tackle

He's already bigger than Bannerman. Good lookin' kid.

giphy.gif

Got some good fundamentals. When he get his hands on someone they go down. Hard work and he will play at UK. Pulling for him! I thought another walk on Elijah Barnett played well the other night

Reactions: Big_Blue_Blaster
Wasn't this the kid that turned a lot of heads at the ky/tn all-star game? I remember a bunch of people talking about a kid from somerset wreaking havoc---and few had ever heard of or seen the kid

Wasn't this the kid that turned a lot of heads at the ky/tn all-star game? I remember a bunch of people talking about a kid from somerset wreaking havoc---and few had ever heard of or seen the kid

Did a little research on the kid; as a former coach I love seeing Kentucky kids go no matter the capacity - Kid has only played football for 2 years at the high school level. He gained about 60 pounds from his junior to senior year, according to KHSAA he had 120 ish tackles both years playing football (240 total ish). KHSAA doesnt keep sack records but through mutual coaching friends he had 25 sacks in two years - one of my guys at say he was the best defensive end he's seen in a long time. Raw talent but has a nose for the football.

In terms of all star games he was defensive player of the game at the best of the bluegrass game with 10 tackles 3 sacks and apparently acquitted himself well at the KY/TN game as well.

This is all i know about the kid, talent in any capacity doesn't always correlate to success on the field but man this kid seems to have some good tools.

Yep, that's him. This is a real nice pick-up for the Cats.

I have a buddy who's son played on the offensive side of the ball in that All-Star game, said Hartman was an absolute terror, they couldn't do anything with him.

I think he had a PWO offer from OSU....and they don't just hand those things out like candy. Give it a couple years and I can see him making a real impact.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Yep, that's him. This is a real nice pick-up for the Cats.

I have a buddy who's son played on the offensive side of the ball in that All-Star game, said Hartman was an absolute terror, they couldn't do anything with him.

I think he had a PWO offer from OSU....and they don't just hand those things out like candy. Give it a couple years and I can see him making a real impact.
Did he take a PWO from UK over a scholarship from WKU?

Congratulations to the young man. We need better news though. Pwo are OK here and there. Every once in a blue moon a walk on shines at the highest D1 level. We gotta remember they're walk ons for a reason.

I truly do hope the best for him, ALL our guys.

Love getting guys like this as PWOs.

He could get up over 300 and cause quite the ruckus inside.

ADVERTISEMENT