ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Playoff to 12 teams in the 2024 and 2025 seasons has been cleared

Looks like the 12 team playoff will eliminate some of the historical bowl game tie ups. No SEC/Big12 to Sugar bowl, Big10/Pac12 to Rose and ACC to Orange. And no automatic NYD bowl for the top G5 team.

Is this correct?

That's good news and a nice step. I'm all for making it bigger myself. Less exhibition Bowls and more playoff games is more fun.

I'd rather UK have played a playoff game last year and competed for the national title than n a bowl. If the playoff went to 16 or certainly 24 teams uk would have made it in 2018 and 2021.

That's good news and a nice step. I'm all for making it bigger myself. Less exhibition Bowls and more playoff games is more fun.

I'd rather UK have played a playoff game last year and competed for the national title than n a bowl. If the playoff went to 16 or certainly 24 teams uk would have made it in 2018 and 2021.
Even a 12 team playoff will give us a punchers chance every now and then to crack into the mix. It’s something to build for. It needed to be done. People are tired of the same 5 or 6 teams making it to the final 4 every year.

Reactions: pauled
ADVERTISEMENT