ADVERTISEMENT

College Football News...Jim Mora Jr. FIRED @ UCLA...

Not a shock, but maybe pre-mature. I'm not a fan of firing a coach before the season ends unless he's misbehaved. Apparently Mora's not going to the playoffs.

A preview of what would happen if Tennessee got their wish and hired Gruden. Which they won't.

Lol. If they had hired Taggart away from an SEC school instead of an AAC school they would have paid more. Don't think he has to worry about taking a pay cut.

Oregon had interest in Mullen last year but the feeling wasn’t mutual because aGAIN, he makes more than they were offering - a lot more. LOL.

Because Mullen only won six games last year and wasn't as hot a commodity?

LOL. Mullen won 61 games in his first 8 years. In the 8 years prior to his arrival, MSU won 29. And you think Oregon wasnt interested because his floor is 6 wins? But now - one year later - they’ve changed their minds and they are going to open up the vault? Being privy to Wikepedia is not serving you well in this debate.

There was mutual interest last year until there was a pay cut involved.

Thanks for playing.

LOL. Mullen won 61 games in his first 8 years. In the 8 years prior to his arrival, MSU won 29. And you think Oregon wasnt interested because his floor is 6 wins? But now - one year later - they’ve changed their minds and they are going to open up the vault? Being privy to Wikepedia is not serving you well in this debate.

Thanks for playing.

You can have a discussion, even a debate, without being a smart ass.

Thanks for playing.
You are childish and know nothing.

Reactions: WildcatofNati
That’s one way to wave the right flag - try and change the topic and resort to personal attacks.

I’m knowledgeable on this topic and you aren’t. And you cant bring yourself to admit it.

Again, thanks for playing.
You aren't smart enough for either of us to benefit from continuing this conversation.

Reactions: WildcatofNati
You aren't smart enough for either of us to benefit from continuing this conversation.

Translated: “I didn’t know what I was talking about when I started this Mullen to Oregon debate and didn’t realize that there was someone here who does. But if I resort to personal attacks, I MIGHT be able to save face”.

A word of advice. Stick to stuff you know or someone will bust your chops, which is what happened here.

Chip Kelly. Everything is aligning for him. The Pac is up for grabs.

Home run play. Don't mess around Bruins, and Chip for that matter.

From an ESPN article...

Mora compiled a 46-30 record with the Bruins, but after going 29-11 in his first three seasons, UCLA is just 17-19. It can still qualify for a bowl game with a win against Cal at the Rose Bowl on Friday, but it's unclear if it would accept an invitation without a permanent head coach.

He started well but the UCLA management obviously not happy with slippage the past 2 seasons. I don't follow UCLA one bit so I have no idea why they faded the past 3 years. Even with a loss to Call that would leave him 46-31 over 6 years.

Peace

From an ESPN article...

Mora compiled a 46-30 record with the Bruins, but after going 29-11 in his first three seasons, UCLA is just 17-19. It can still qualify for a bowl game with a win against Cal at the Rose Bowl on Friday, but it's unclear if it would accept an invitation without a permanent head coach.

He started well but the UCLA management obviously not happy with slippage the past 2 seasons. I don't follow UCLA one bit so I have no idea why they faded the past 3 years. Even with a loss to Call that would leave him 46-31 over 6 years.

Peace
I didn't realize he'd been there that long.

so fla misses their first choice (Kelly), and maybe their 2nd (Nebraska and Scott Frost are “close” on a 7-year, $35 million), ut misses their first (Gruden) 2nd (Fisher) and maybe their 3rd (Norvell in running for ark). boy are things going good.

The prospects of this job coming open are apparently the reason Florida hasn’t been able to reel Kelly in. I suspect they are focused on Frost at this point.
I live in Central Florida and I can tell you Florida is "all in" from the media, fans and Steve Spurrier's standpoint on Frost. They have even said they will wait til the UCF's season is over - because Frost has made it clear he wants to coach in a New Year's day bowl. Spurrier doesn't want Kelly at UF. Stricklin is finding out how strong Spurrier still is- not that it is a bad thing for Florida.

Go Big Blue!

I live in Central Florida and I can tell you Florida is "all in" from the media, fans and Steve Spurrier's standpoint on Frost. They have even said they will wait til the UCF's season is over - because Frost has made it clear he wants to coach in a New Year's day bowl. Spurrier doesn't want Kelly at UF. Stricklin is finding out how strong Spurrier still is- not that it is a bad thing for Florida.

Go Big Blue!

I doubt Scott Stricklin will be influenced much by Spurrier if it means not getting his guy. Because if he is, he won’t last long there.

ADVERTISEMENT