ADVERTISEMENT

"College basketball will be brought to its knees"

morgousky

All-American
Sep 5, 2009
Anyone ready to walk back the insane rhetoric now? This was never going to bring anything to its knees. The media over sensationalized this scandal and people ran for the cliff. Pretty scary how they can manipulate so effectively.

When the FBI said that people involved better come forward because we have your playbook, that was your sign that they didn't have much more.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Anyone ready to walk back the insane rhetoric now? This was never going to bring anything to its knees. The media over sensationalized this scandal and people ran for the cliff. Pretty scary how they can manipulate so effectively.

When the FBI said that people involved better come forward because we have your playbook, that was your sign that they didn't have much more.
I’d be happy with UNCheat and KU actually being penalized.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The NCAA taking this info and acting on it hasn't even started yet. This is all just evidence coming out from the fraud and corruption trial. The insane rhetoric is assuming this has even started yet from an NCAA perspective.

most of the mainstream college basketball media are good friends with the coaches involved in the scandal. their lack of interest in covering it tells you all you need to know. and the NCAA doesnt care.

the reality is you dont need to pay players under the table. only idiots do that. if you want to get paid, run an AAU team, get paid 200k for being the coach. your son then goes to that shoe affiliated school (probably). and its all fine.

none of this matters. which is why cal-tech will get hammered when a kid plays in an extra summer league game.

Reactions: true blue1
Nobody is going to bring college basketball to its knees. If this was 1950 yes a scandal would be seen as a scandal and action taken. But this is 2018 and money is floating every where. College basketball is a Billion dollar industry. Billion as in B. This matter involves some elite teams. Teams that draw big crowds and a lot of TV revenue. Basketball is the NCAA's Golden Calf. There are media members who are more fans than they are members of the investigative press.

There will be a report with recommendations and the game will go on. And so will the $$$$$$$$$

That's certainly a familiar position for K Rat and Eunuch Boi Emmert...

ksuck.gif

Reactions: blubo and thepip
Again why condelezza rice was brought in

To ensure the feds didn’t interfere with ncaa and purpose this stupid rhetoric that kU were victims

Total bull crap

And I hope Nike adidas ua puma organize a paid league for kids

Bypass the ncaa for good cause this is pathetic

It took the NCAA 20 years to do nothing to UNC. I wonder what the timetable is to do 10 times as much.

First, I don’t think the last shoe has dropped yet. Too early to judge what happens. Second, the NCAA is massively corrupt. They will not let the money stop flowing. Their goal day one was to sweep this under the carpet. They pulled the classic maneuver. Appointed a ‘blue ribbon’ panel to study this mess till the flames died out.

The big question that concerns the NCAA now is how did they miss out on the cash party. Rat Face, Ricky Three Pumps and Bill Selfish let them down. They might decide to dirt stomp a worthless program like U6 or Auburn. Beyond that, the cash cow would get hurt. And that will not happen.

Nobody is going to bring college basketball to its knees. If this was 1950 yes a scandal would be seen as a scandal and action taken. But this is 2018 and money is floating every where. College basketball is a Billion dollar industry. Billion as in B. This matter involves some elite teams. Teams that draw big crowds and a lot of TV revenue. Basketball is the NCAA's Golden Calf. There are media members who are more fans than they are members of the investigative press.

There will be a report with recommendations and the game will go on. And so will the $$$$$$$$$
And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so.

Reactions: jrpross
I think it's foolish to believe that everything is public at this point.

Maybe. But I don’t think that any sane person at this point would bet any substantial amount that something will drop that “brings the sport to its knees”.

I got a chuckle every time I read that. It started with certain media persons and people actually parroted that line for weeks. In my opinion it’s an effort designed to discredit the ncaa, or diminish them ( hard to beat what they do to themselves) for the purpose of the professional promotion of college athletes which is something a vast majority of sports journalist want. Death by 1,000 cuts, it’s also why ESPN pushes this message through guys like Greenberg, Bilas, and the majority of talking heads on ESPN’s daytime programming.

So far what we know is that shoe
Companies are paying players under the table and certain schools / coaches / programs are participating knowingly. There is corruption, not only in life, but in college basketball.

OMG I HAD NO IDEA

Honestly, since the FBI is involved, I actually expected MORE corruption to be brought to light. This has been amateur hour with more filler than season 30 of the walking dead. Hopefully the next wave of trials at least creates some suspense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ocornett
Just wait for those assistant coaches and Andy Miller to have their trials.... Thats when sheet will start flying. That's when Arizona, Auburn, OK State, USC, Mich State, Indiana, UCLA could all be in seriously deep crap............

Reactions: Yayaandbono
Just wait for those assistant coaches and Andy Miller to have their trials.... Thats when sheet will start flying. That's when Arizona, Mich State, Indiana, UCLA could all be in seriously deep crap............

I think more will fall, but nothing in the way of “bring college basketball to its knees”. Before someone takes this topic off the rails it needs to be said again.

NCAA wont do anything that's going to hurt revenue streams.

Ask yourself this...are you to believe this is rampant in bball but not in the biggest college sport of them all, football? Mmmkay. The NCAA knows this runs wild in football but no one cares bc theres so much money to be made.

Reactions: blubo
Maybe. But I don’t think that any sane person at this point would bet any substantial amount that something will drop that “brings the sport to its knees”.

I got a chuckle every time I read that. It started with certain media persons and people actually parroted that line for weeks. In my opinion it’s an effort designed to discredit the ncaa, or diminish them ( hard to beat what they do to themselves) for the purpose of the professional promotion of college athletes which is something a vast majority of sports journalist want. Death by 1,000 cuts, it’s also why ESPN pushes this message through guys like Greenberg, Bilas, and the majority of talking heads on ESPN’s daytime programming.

So far what we know is that shoe
Companies are paying players under the table and certain schools / coaches / programs are participating knowingly. There is corruption, not only in life, but in college basketball.

OMG I HAD NO IDEA

Honestly, since the FBI is involved, I actually expected MORE corruption to be brought to light. This has been amateur hour with more filler than season 30 of the walking dead. Hopefully the next wave of trials at least creates some suspense.

I just think it's too early to declare it a farce.

There's some substantial names and programs exposed already, and that's just with what this small group of guys from one shoe company can prove.

The NCAA has formed a committee (for whatever that's worth) to address the situation.

People are skeptical of several major players and programs. If/when it spreads to Nike and Under Armour and includes most of the programs and players people care about, that's going to be significant *if* the NCAA chooses to do anything about it.

I don't think it's anyone trying to take down the NCAA. The FBI seems to be doing the opposite so far.

Heck, I'd like any one of them to get a parking ticket. You know they get away with them...
UNC players had the plenty of parking tickets...with their “leased” cars
They didnt even pay those.

Reactions: BBUK
People are skeptical of several major players and programs. If/when it spreads to Nike

This. We're only seeing Adidas dirt now. When they start looking at Nike Oregon and duke will be the major players. Duke alone will have enough dirt to really hurt the sport. Which is fine because it all needs to come out.

The NCAA taking this info and acting on it hasn't even started yet. This is all just evidence coming out from the fraud and corruption trial. The insane rhetoric is assuming this has even started yet from an NCAA perspective.
The NCAA has shown through its recent history, that they pick and choose who to investigate.
Was UNC even investigated for the cars, the custom mouthpieces given to players, or the job given to a mom?
Was Duke even inverstigated for Bagley?
Duke/Thomas...
All things KU the past few years.

Why do you think this may be different? Or is my sarcasm meter off this morning.

I just think it's too early to declare it a farce.

There's some substantial names and programs exposed already, and that's just with what this small group of guys from one shoe company can prove.

The NCAA has formed a committee (for whatever that's worth) to address the situation.

People are skeptical of several major players and programs. If/when it spreads to Nike and Under Armour and includes most of the programs and players people care about, that's going to be significant *if* the NCAA chooses to do anything about it.

I don't think it's anyone trying to take down the NCAA. The FBI seems to be doing the opposite so far.

I think the NCAA will have to act this time. Feds involved and too many people watching. Also many people want them taken down as this has turned into a grievance play by the media. They'll need to show strength and consistency.

ADVERTISEMENT