ADVERTISEMENT

College Athletes/Baptists Cancelled in Tenn

"...we encourage each of you to adopt policies within your respective athletic departments to prohibit any such actions moving forward."

It's easy to see where this is headed. The policy will be to not play the anthem at all.

I've said this for a couple of years. Just don't have the teams out for the national anthem. This isn't complex.

And good lord. What a virtue signal by the republicans in the legislature in TN. I mean, libs are usually the kings of virtue signaling, but that's a waste of paper and time to pass that...

But their legislature does at least have the good sense to allow sports gambling and keep the state income tax at 0.

lol I thought the GOP was the party of free speech?

Guess it’s only ok to cry about it when you’re getting cancelled or silenced for disparaging women and minorities or inciting an insurrection!

They must allow them to protest. Authoritarian limits on speech are for Democrats. When fans quit going and sports have to fold, the market will have spoken.

What they should be doing is eliminating tax money for any institution that promotes the racism calling itself CRT.

ADVERTISEMENT