ADVERTISEMENT

"Coach tweak Thyself ."

Jan 1, 2003
My summation of the majority of the recent pro/con Cal posts is this : Cal is our coach. We want Cal to continue to be our coach. Cal understands the uniqueness of this position. Cal is the best fit to handle this position. Cal will 'tweak' his team in mid season, if needed. Cal may need to 'tweak' himself in mid season. GBB

Duke got fat and started pushing people out of the way at the buffet line.
This feed some...

money_1_large.jpg

I don't know, we'll see. I love Cal but the ability to grow and self-reflection doesn't seem to be one of his strengths.
Yeah. You know how it is. Every year, they come out looking good in the beginning due to their natural talent, then by February/ March his teams look their worst because they improve less than everyone else's.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Yeah. You know how it is. Every year, they come out looking good in the beginning due to their natural talent, then by February/ March his teams look their worst because they improve less than everyone else's.
Are you talking about Cals teams or Dukes?

Cal can't come out and say it but everyone knows what's going on with the recruiting. You can't go up against big money hand outs when your recruiting pitch is come play for me and in a year or two you could be a lotto pick.
Now even the non blue bloods are starting to get in the bidding war for these kids. Setting their family or handler up for awhile with big money before they even walk on campus. There's no end insight and schools will keep paying players daring the NCAA to do something about it.

I really don't know what to think on all of this. First, the horrific loss to Duke really threw everyone for a loop. Then add that Duke looks awesome and yet has Freshman dominating, looking organized, ready with their team pretty much hurts the "We are young" comments that are made for our team every year. Plus, our team does look like we are young Freshman not playing anywhere near as well. Perhaps, also adding that the summer Bahamas team looked so good that it had everybody believing so much in this teams championship level caliber which no longer is the case.

Now we lose out on some top recruits and see a new coach and program beating us for these guys.

So, what makes me challenged on all of this? We have seen this same scenerio for a number of years and only one team won it all. We have been begging to get good recruits that stay like they did at UNC, Nova, etc. That outcome is what has led to championships. So, if we are losing on the one and done is that really a bad thing if we can get talented players and maybe not guys ready to jump every year? We have seen some teams already come to Rupp and shoot lights out. What about a few players like that combined with just a few of those top tier guys? Those guys who could shoot were not Freshman and they were not highly ranked one and done types. It seems the difference between those teams and top teams is the elite teams have big men that can dominate the boards and those teams don't. So, Wiseman was a huge loss and it hurts from that perspective. The question is are there others out there. We have seen some of these teams with European players. Maybe there still is hope.

It's great to have these top recruiting lists of one and two every year, but what was the end result? It would seem that this year should be different with PJ, Richards, Green, and Travis. So, this team better turn it around soon or the excuses will seem to run thin. And, please don't point out we have won our other games so far. You know we haven't yet looked very good in doing so.

Reactions: AF Cat

Yes, there is no one in coaching more willing to adjust his scheme and try new things when the current is clearly not working than Cal.

Developing players isn't the same as a willingness to change and adapt. Cal is stubborn. Not sure how that's even debatable at this point.

Yes, there is no one in coaching more willing to adjust his scheme and try new things when the current is clearly not working than Cal.

Developing players isn't the same as a willingness to change and adapt. Cal is stubborn. Not sure how that's even debatable at this point.
All coaches are stubborn. Cal's teams improve way more than others, and nobody has adjusted to a wider variety of roster types than Cal has over the past decade.

We're scrapping for leftovers

I try not to comment on your posts. I can’t help it this time. You HAVE to be one of the most miserable humans on earth. You are definitely leading the pack for being the most negative person on earth. You’d may be as bad as Zipp. Dude- you need help.

Reactions: Calsthebomb
I don't know, we'll see. I love Cal but the ability to grow and self-reflection doesn't seem to be one of his strengths.

He is a delusional narcissist.
It's like trying to tell Trump he is wrong.
God help us all at this point...

You know we are scrapping for leftovers. Whitney, Maxey. That must be leftover Prime Rib

Agree. Folks forget the years between Pitino and Cal. The recruiting dropped and UK fans were not happy. Cal has just spoiled us to the point where we forget how it was. Kind of like childbirth, the mother's pain is hard for her to remember a few years down the road.

Reactions: JC CATS
ADVERTISEMENT