ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Swap (for rest of the season): UK UL edition

armchairpg

Junior
Oct 24, 2012
Hypothetically speaking if we swap coaches with another school starting now and going through the rest of the season, what do you think the result would be for UK and the other school.

For instance, if we choose the obvious example of UL. Do you think UK would continue its path if Pitino took over the team or would things fall short? Why?

On the flip side, if Cal took over the UL team could he do anything to improve their flow on offense?

How would the upside of either team change or would it be a wash based on players? How would the styles change?

Just a question for a slow day.

Pitino would start breaking down our players without enough time to build them back up.

Cal would force an undersized UofL team to play man to man defense and they'd get exposed.

It would be horrible for both teams.

It in interesting to think how each coach would approach his new team. I think Pitino would win another title. He is a good coach and lesser coaches might be able to pull it off.

More interesting to me is what Cal would do with UL's squad. Historically he has been pretty good at adapting his style to his roster. You could argue that in 2013 he had a mid season curve ball but I won't count that because it was more than manpower missing from that team (i.e. the soul of the team was on the side lines and we had NO PG). The current UL team doesn't lack heart and they have Rozier/jones. That combined with their front line by committee, I think he could do pretty well but it is hard to say.

Pitino is one of the last coaches i would want coaching a freshmen and sophmore laden team
Cal would get the ul players on the same page and make the team overall have more unity

Lots of Pitino stank face.

080410-CBK-Rick-Pitino-PI_20100804220255_660_320.JPG

Cal would take a mediocre UL squad and try to adapt them to the older style of the dribble drive but if their bigs didn't grab 7-9 board each they wouldn't be able to pull it all off.

Ricky P would turn us into a 7 man rotation and play willie, the twins, Dakari, and booker 35 mins each. Towns would be sixth man, and lyles would likely be looking to transfer. Pitino like to play a deep bench at times but he also likes the shorter rotation and would not stick to the platoon system.

ADVERTISEMENT