ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Stoops post game comment thread....

Stoops is getting paid a fortune for on the job training. His game management and player management skills are middle school level.
Vince Morrow is all he has going for him.
Aint helping bring in any offensive playmakers. Kids done got smart to UKs offensive system

Reactions: ck-2
His defense is gassed, he’s about to go down two scores, it’s 3rd down and the clock is running and he doesn’t call a timeout. The next play Missouri runs out of bounds and stops the clock. It’s 4th down and the clock is stopped before a field goal attempt and he calls a timeout.
That should tell you what a genius he is.

His defense is gassed, he’s about to go down two scores, it’s 3rd down and the clock is running and he doesn’t call a timeout. The next play Missouri runs out of bounds and stops the clock. It’s 4th down and the clock is stopped before a field goal attempt and he calls a timeout.
That should tell you what a genius he is.
He was trying to ice the kicker????

Honestly he should release a statement saying he’s a total failure and will be resigning immediately. And please, take your entire crew with you

“We gotta clean some things up”

“This one’s on me...”

“They wanted it more than we did” (which is true)

Feel free to add your own....
“We gotta clean some things up. For instance, when we get off the plane, I'm going straight to Half Price Books in Lexington to buy "The Art of War" by Sun Tsu. I'm also going to look for some books on leadership and motivation so I have a better understanding of those things. Why will I do that? Because I don't have any freaking clue about this stuff, but I know I probably better start studying."

"This one's on me. For instance, I have done a lousy job of holding my kids responsible for some of their boneheaded plays. I have let thewhat a potoful;m dance and gesture a lot even when they've missed obvious assignments or when they have made a personal foul to hurt their team in a big way, and flex when I probably shouldn't have let them do that, thinking I should allow that so they have more fun. I have chosen unwisely not to pull them out of games when they played poorly or did things to hurt the team. They have not always learned to have a business-like approach despite our not having proven hardly a single thing during my tenure as a head coach in this league. Neither I, nor my coaches, prepared our kids mentally to muster a great effort against a Missouri team we knew would come out trying to kick our Big Blue arses...it showed in our physicality. Our kids really didn't want to play today."

“They wanted it more than we did.” No kidding! True, the law of averages probably was against us from the beginning, but this is like following up a birdie with a triple bogey on a par-3...leaves you shaking your head and wanting to heave your clubs into the water while quitting the game altogether. "Our kids weren't anywhere close to being prepared mentally because I have no clue how to lay the groundwork to teach them how to be winners, to play disciplined football, and to want to compete every night out. It shows because we're 2-3 when we should be 4-1 or at least 3-2, and until I get an understanding of how to teach kids discipline, we will always be very inconsistent. Further, our offensive play calling is never going to be great because Eddie Gran is a good friend and when he makes bad calls, as he often does, I don't have the balls to question him, let alone fire him. He's with me till the end, period."

My words...to follow up a thing of beauty, what a pitiful effort offensively that had no chance of winning or even competing, and I'm thoroughly sick and tired of our kids dropping balls and fumbling balls.

“We gotta clean some things up. For instance, when we get off the plane, I'm going straight to Half Price Books in Lexington to buy "The Art of War" by Sun Tsu. I'm also going to look for some books on leadership and motivation so I have a better understanding of those things. Why will I do that? Because I don't have any freaking clue about this stuff, but I know I probably better start studying."

"This one's on me. For instance, I have done a lousy job of holding my kids responsible for some of their boneheaded plays. I have let thewhat a potoful;m dance and gesture a lot even when they've missed obvious assignments or when they have made a personal foul to hurt their team in a big way, and flex when I probably shouldn't have let them do that, thinking I should allow that so they have more fun. I have chosen unwisely not to pull them out of games when they played poorly or did things to hurt the team. They have not always learned to have a business-like approach despite our not having proven hardly a single thing during my tenure as a head coach in this league. Neither I, nor my coaches, prepared our kids mentally to muster a great effort against a Missouri team we knew would come out trying to kick our Big Blue arses...it showed in our physicality. Our kids really didn't want to play today."

“They wanted it more than we did.” No kidding! True, the law of averages probably was against us from the beginning, but this is like following up a birdie with a triple bogey on a par-3...leaves you shaking your head and wanting to heave your clubs into the water while quitting the game altogether. "Our kids weren't anywhere close to being prepared mentally because I have no clue how to lay the groundwork to teach them how to be winners, to play disciplined football, and to want to compete every night out. It shows because we're 2-3 when we should be 4-1 or at least 3-2, and until I get an understanding of how to teach kids discipline, we will always be very inconsistent. Further, our offensive play calling is never going to be great because Eddie Gran is a good friend and when he makes bad calls, as he often does, I don't have the balls to question him, let alone fire him. He's with me till the end, period."

My words...to follow up a thing of beauty, what a pitiful effort offensively that had no chance of winning or even competing, and I'm thoroughly sick and tired of our kids dropping balls and fumbling balls.

I feel your pain. Anybody criticizes a Kentucky Football fan for wanting to win can kiss my .ss

Stoops got defensive when Leach asked him if there were any younger receivers that might could help. Stoops just said there was enough blame to go around for everybody. How do we get receivers to come here under the most conservative offense there is?

Reactions: mktmaker
Stoops got defensive when Leach asked him if there were any younger receivers that might could help. Stoops just said there was enough blame to go around for everybody. How do we get receivers to come here under the most conservative offense there is?
Easy answer is we do not unless Stoops/Gran start passing more.

Last edited:

Sounds about like Stoops. And people wonder why none of the bigger programs will even sniff the guy. He can’t even handle the softballs he gets from Tom Leach and the puppy dog football media at UK press conferences.

Reactions: Mike-D and Blueaz
Stoops is getting paid a fortune for on the job training. His game management and player management skills are middle school level.
Vince Morrow is all he has going for him.
OJT should be over

I'm going with Hack on this one. Something isn't right. Stoops looked very somber in his post game remarks.

Comments this week about the running backs kind of baffling. Seemed really mad about bad QB decisions. Sounds like we missed Q more than I thought we would.

I hope we get back to being THE physical team on the field Saturday. Didn't think the OL would let up any game. Need to overwhelm their short QB. Lot of pressure and hits on the QB would be a key thing in winning IMO. Getting picked apart like the MO QB did is no way to play.

Honestly he should release a statement saying he’s a total failure and will be resigning immediately. And please, take your entire crew with you
the bb board is here:

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
Comments this week about the running backs kind of baffling. Seemed really mad about bad QB decisions. Sounds like we missed Q more than I thought we would.

I hope we get back to being THE physical team on the field Saturday. Didn't think the OL would let up any game. Need to overwhelm their short QB. Lot of pressure and hits on the QB would be a key thing in winning IMO. Getting picked apart like the MO QB did is no way to play.
FRESHMAN QB

I just hope someone is getting an ass chewing for that embarrassment !

I would like to see us blitz some on sat. Get pressure on the qb. If Stoops doesn’t give Allen a lot of reps sat, he is signing his death warrant. The game is passing him by.

“We gotta clean some things up”

“This one’s on me...”

“They wanted it more than we did” (which is true)

Feel free to add your own....

SAME OLD $HIT! I've heard that Shit before. It's the Head Coaches job to have the players ready to play, not make excuses. NO, I'm NOT saying fire Stoops. I'm just saying, it's his job to get the players ready to play, clean things up prior to the game, why in the hell did we not want it more then them, and your the head coach, so your right, this one is on you. I understand if this was Alabama, or Georgia, but this was a team we should have beat. Did Coach Stoops really think that Mizzou thought we would throw the ball? NO WAY! They knew what we would do, and they planned and executed perfectly. I don't get upset if we come out and play our game and get beat. Some teams have more talent then we do, but to not have the team ready to play, is BS, We should ALWAYS be ready to give 100%. That's what life is about, and your cheating yourself if you don't, and especially the fans who support you.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Reactions: anon_013cn8yrfncx2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT