ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Singleton introduces himself to BBN

I'm concerned about recruiting. But, if we can maintain what we've done with recruiting and factor in a high level of player development, then great.

While I think Schlarman was a really good recruiter, there was a time when these boards were filled with fans blasting him. Not sure Hinshaw was much of a recruiter. And, when you look at the production from Gran’s recruits, his identification of talent may have been overrated.

So, I think the new OL, RB and OC coaches are probably going to be fine, in comparison. Eric Wolford has reportedly been very active. Singleton seems to have the personality and has landed a top RB in his previous college job. Coen seems high energy, not worried.

While I think Schlarman was a really good recruiter, there was a time when these boards were filled with fans blasting him. Not sure Hinshaw was much of a recruiter. And, when you look at the production from Gran’s recruits, his identification of talent may have been overrated.

So, I think the new OL, RB and OC coaches are probably going to be fine, in comparison. Eric Wolford has reportedly been very active. Singleton seems to have the personality and has landed a top RB in his previous college job. Coen seems high energy, not worried.
After hearing Wolf and Singleton's pressers, I feel better about the recruiting. Proofs in the pudding but they both sounded like eager recruiters.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Sounds like dude is happy to be here and ready to put boots on the ground to recruit new talent and get started with our current RB roster.
I think he will be a major positive higher.

There'd be no shortage of recruiting success on young coaching staffs if energy was all it took. I'm concerned about these guys' connections or lack thereof and the fact that many haven't recruited in years. Marrow can't do it all.

Just my $0.02.

There'd be no shortage of recruiting success on young coaching staffs if energy was all it took. I'm concerned about these guys' connections or lack thereof and the fact that many haven't recruited in years. Marrow can't do it all.

Just my $0.02.
I'm in the same boat but feeling a little more confident after hearing from them at the introduction pressers. Wolford already had a rep as a recruiter, Singleton landed Alex Collins at Ark., he also works the combines and did pro days, he shouldn't have any problems relating to high school junior and seniors. That would give us five recruiters, that would put us in pretty good shape. Coen, even if he doesn't start out a great recruiter, if his offenses have success in the SEC, that will give him mojo when recruiting the quarterback he covets.

Just my $0.02.

Understood. But, that concern is not directed at Wolf. Singleton has been coaching in the NFL for five years, I suspect it won’t be hard for him to reconnect with his HS contacts. Likewise, Coen has not been out that long. I appreciate the apprehension and hope it is exaggerated.

Reactions: JPFisher
I'm in the same boat but feeling a little more confident after hearing from them at the introduction pressers. Wolford already had a rep as a recruiter, Singleton landed Alex Collins at Ark., he also works the combines and did pro days, he shouldn't have any problems relating to high school junior and seniors. That would give us five recruiters, that would put us in pretty good shape. Coen, even if he doesn't start out a great recruiter, if his offenses have success in the SEC, that will give him mojo when recruiting the quarterback he covets.
I forgot to add, the jury is still out on Stewart (Devonte Ross), Bouknight, and Buffano, these guys may end up being recruiters as well. I sure hope they are, as much as I'm excited about Coen, recruiting is the biggest hurdle we have, IMO.

Understood. But, that concern is not directed at Wolf. Singleton has been coaching in the NFL for five years, I suspect it won’t be hard for him to reconnect with his HS contacts. Likewise, Coen has not been out that long. I appreciate the apprehension and hope it is exaggerated.
Likewise.

Regardless, I'm hoping like hell they'll turn out to exceed BBN's expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT