ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Rajon Rondo

Great move. I've said in earlier post Cal should make Rondo head coach in waiting. Great basketball mind, and what guard would not want to be coached by Rajon Rondo. He would solve alot of our and coach Cal's problems.
oh boy

right intent, horribly wrong solution

Rondo has “gifts” that can’t be taught, he can’t make another Rondo. Can he teach fundamentals that would improve UK guard play, don’t know, you never know until someone is in that position

So the cause was dismissed . No charges filed .. but here is the report :

Ideally, he's learned and grown from his mistakes, and he can use those experiences to help our players from making similar errors.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: crestcat
People change from their life experiences. Some become much better. Never know until they get a chance.

I always believed the best lessons are learned through trauma and mistakes. Had my share but I’m a better person from what I learned.

Ideally, he's learned and grown from his mistakes, and he can use those experiences to help our players from making similar errors.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Everyone deserves a chance. Ullis or Rondo?

Why now? I don’t believe he had anything to do with UK since he left. Tubby was still the coach.

I believed there is a limit on the number of people that can be on the coaching staff.

Rondo is an NBA Champion and was a stellar player, even though Tubs had him on a leash.
His crappy behavior was hopefully a product of youth.
I am hopin years of life have made him wiser.
Cant wait to see what he is going to bring to the table!

Reactions: Kybluedude
Everyone deserves a chance. Ullis or Rondo?

Why now? I don’t believe he had anything to do with UK since he left. Tubby was still the coach.

I believed there is a limit on the number of people that can be on the coaching staff.

They're both very smart players who have a ton of valuable, teachable life experience, so if we've got room, I'd love to have them both. =)

Reactions: crestcat
Rondo is an NBA Champion and was a stellar player, even though Tubs had him on a leash.
i have some swampland in Florida that is for sale. Interested?.

Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
The gun thing was last year ? A by product of his youth ? I’m all for second chances — he should go coach HS or a D2 and prove he is worthy of coaching young people before turned loose on the U of K — Imo

• Love
Reactions: awf
Would it be horrible to just see if or how this plays out?

IF he is hired, will it be worse than Tony Barbee? It is possible it is a homerun hire and all of the baggage that Rondo carried is a non issue here. If it is disastrous, no harm no foul. It is not like his hire would take this program even farther in the wrong direction.
I look at other schools that have hired former great players as coaches (Arkansas, Georgetown, UNC, Michigan, Indiana) none of them have worked out.

2wdrf2q.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BradleyCrawford08
ADVERTISEMENT