ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Rajon Rondo

That does not look like a coach who is about to retire or step down.

Also, HELL YEA!!!

Rondo is the type of personality that Cal needs on his staff. A brilliant offense and defense player who isn't afraid to tell Cal exactly what he thinks and stand his ground. Tyler is very similar.

Last edited:
Great move. I've said in earlier post Cal should make Rondo head coach in waiting. Great basketball mind, and what guard would not want to be coached by Rajon Rondo. He would solve alot of our and coach Cal's problems.

Rondo, Ulis, Antigua, Coleman and Turner all on the staff. I don’t know what they would be doing, but it sounds like an impressive group for players to learn from. Should have happened sooner as far as I’m concerned.

Great move. I've said in earlier post Cal should make Rondo head coach in waiting. Great basketball mind, and what guard would not want to be coached by Rajon Rondo. He would solve alot of our and coach Cal's problems.
What an awful idea. I don’t want any head coach who was groomed by cal. Hell no, no way, no how. And rondo i think can be a good assistant but hell running a program is not easy not to mention rondo has some baggage. Assistant good. HC learning from cal is some worse than joker situation

Great move. One of the most intelligent players. Will be good for making in game adjustments and helping find holes in the other team.

Reactions: UKUGA and flacat22
Rondo, Ulis, Antigua, Coleman and Turner all on the staff. I don’t know what they would be doing, but it sounds like an impressive group for players to learn from. Should have happened sooner as far as I’m concerned.
Which one of these guys can actually coach? It’s a bunch of names and guys who can recruit. Cal for instance had pastner at Memphis. That dude could coach before cal ruined him. I also see ulis as a grad assistant if he continues. Rondo is the only name on that list that excites me. And that’s because maybe he has inherent coaching ability. I’d rather see him coaching with pitino though a few seasons. I have zero faith in cal to develop anyone for anything.

What an awful idea. I don’t want any head coach who was groomed by cal. Hell no, no way, no how. And rondo i think can be a good assistant but hell running a program is not easy not to mention rondo has some baggage. Assistant good. HC learning from cal is some worse than joker situation
I don't think Rondo is going to learn anything from Cal, in a basketball sense. At best it would just be the off-court side. Regardless, Rondo isn't a "Cal guy". He is more loyal to the program than he is the coach, which is good.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I don't think Rondo is going to learn anything from Cal, in a basketball sense. At best it would just be the off-court side. Regardless, Rondo isn't a "Cal guy". He is more loyal to the program than he is the coach, which is good.
It’s good but if cal ruins him that’s bad. Cals track record on assistants going on to success is abysmal!

Great player , evidently great mind .... but a nut of a human ! What happened to the story he pulled a gun on the mother of his children ? That quietly go away ? I never did hear the official word . Guy has fought with teammates and coaches his entire career , lets just leave the helping of the guards to Tyler Ulis please

Great player , evidently great mind .... but a nut of a human ! What happened to the story he pulled a gun on the mother of his children ? That quietly go away ? I never did hear the official word . Guy has fought with teammates and coaches his entire career , lets just leave the helping of the guards to Tyler Ulis please
Agree. Pulling a pistol on the mother of your children and threatening to kill her is not someone I want associated with UK coaching staff. And this was less than a year ago.

He has clashed with every coach he has played for. See link above.

Idk about the off the court stuff, but from a basketball perspective, he’s one of the greatest “pure point guards” in NBA history, so that part would definitely be helpful. We just can’t have all of the head case stuff.

Reactions: ManitouDan
See Jerry Stackhouse at Vandy..........being a great player doesn't neccessarily mean a great coach...............those that can......do, those that can't teach........

Would it be horrible to just see if or how this plays out?

IF he is hired, will it be worse than Tony Barbee? It is possible it is a homerun hire and all of the baggage that Rondo carried is a non issue here. If it is disastrous, no harm no foul. It is not like his hire would take this program even farther in the wrong direction.

Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting...

C0JRv14UcAA1hVN.jpg

you don't hustle...
rondo will be back your place bangin your girl.... pat sparks humor
i love this!

This doesn't sound like something Cal would want. Pushed from higher up maybe?

So the cause was dismissed . No charges filed .. but here is the report :

A woman filed the emergency protective order against Rondo on May 13 after an alleged incident at her home in Louisville, Kentucky. According to multiple reports, the woman said that Rondo was playing a video game with her son when she asked her son to help with laundry. Rondo allegedly then ripped the video game console from the wall, smashed several items and then left the house.

The woman then said Rondo later returned to her house with a gun, told her that “you’re dead” and demanded to see her son and daughter outside, where he reportedly kept yelling at them while holding the gun.

The woman said in the report that she fears for her and her children’s safety, and said that Rondo has a history of “volatile, erratic [and] explosive behavior.”

And people are hyped up for this guy to join the staff of ANY college program .. society has went to hades .

See, our fans can't even agree on a graduate assistant coach. We are doomed with or without Cal, at least when it comes to fans agreeing on coaching for Kentucky.

Sad to say, but this fan discourse is here to stay, long after Calipari has left the building. There isn't one human being on earth that would make all fans happy.

Reactions: awf and crestcat
ADVERTISEMENT