ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Part 2 here. Good news is on the way.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Hey gang,

Well, it's autumn as things are spicing up, or should I say "pumpkin spicing up." Get it? I learned that joke while talking to Pat Riley and Larry Brown at the last coaching clinic I went to. Riley is pretty knowledgeable. You wouldn't think his hair would stay gelled like that all day, but even after 8 straight hours of Riley breaking down game film for me personally, the gel was still holding strong.

Anyway, let's get to the moment you've been waiting for: UK recruiting.

I have long contended that when it comes to James Wiseman, UK is in good shape. That might have changed now. I'm hearing that Wiseman and R.J. Hampton recently spoke to each other on a recruiting trip. The coaches in my circle are telling me that this means that the two recruits talked. Like...face to face conversation. This is meaningful because it changes the whole complexion of UK's involvement with the young man. Most notably, it means that Calipari is likely to extend offers to the five or six other bigs that A. he's already extended offers to or B. he was going to extend an offer to anyway. Stay tuned, because it definitely means Calipari will extend some offers and some kid somewhere will commit to someone very soon. The implications are obviously massive.

Keep an eye on Keion Brooks. Some of the folks in my circle here in some vague coaching sphere where I may or may not have connections to YMCA, middle school, or conversely, NBA scouts, I am hearing Brooks might not be headed to the Big 10 after all. He really likes Cal's presentation of the UK program, and you know what that means once Cal has a kid locked up as a target. Keep an eye on this recruitment as it might go to the 11th hour with UK as a real player. Or, it it might mean Keion commits to a Big 10 school tomorrow and UK never had a chance. Either way, just remember that you heard it here first, and that my circle of coaches exists some place either in a fictional universe or in reality, and that very likely they're hearing nothing that you haven't already heard about Brooks.

That's all for now. I've got some videos to watch for my next tournament and I've been keeping Doc Rivers on hold while I typed this, so I've got to go take his call now before we both fly down to the next recruiting discussion at the pancake house with a bunch of other coaches in my league who are connected to the ins and outs of every notable potential UK recruit. Why follow what analysts are saying when you can get the info from me? I'm a random coach some place in America. My sources are clearly superior to all others.

Until then, keep an eye on Calipari. If he parts his hair to the right side of his head, it usually means that NIKE is giving him good vibes on potential recruits. If he parts his hair to the left, it typically means he's pissed at NIKE for not promising a kid's commitment at that some anti-Calipari conspiracy is taking place.

Oh, and Tschiebwe got an offer. That has to mean something with a rather massive implication. Stay tuned...

durr.gif

Hey gang,

Well, it's autumn as things are spicing up, or should I say "pumpkin spicing up." Get it? I learned that joke while talking to Pat Riley and Larry Brown at the last coaching clinic I went to. Riley is pretty knowledgeable. You wouldn't think his hair would stay gelled like that all day, but even after 8 straight hours of Riley breaking down game film for me personally, the gel was still holding strong.

I have long contended that when it comes to James Wiseman, UK is in good shape. That might have changed now. I'm hearing that Wiseman and R.J. Hampton recently spoke to each other on a recruiting trip. The coaches in my circle are telling me that this means that the two recruits talked. Like...face to face conversation. This is meaningful because it changes the whole complexion of UK's involvement with the young man. Most notably, it means that Calipari is likely to extend offers to the five or six other bigs that A. he's already extended offers to or B. he was going to extend an offer to anyway. Stay tuned, because it definitely means Calipari will extend some offers and some kid somewhere will commit to someone very soon. The implications are obviously massive.

Keep an eye on Keion Brooks. Some of the folks in my circle here in some vague coaching sphere where I may or may not have connections to YMCA, middle school, or conversely, NBA scouts, I am hearing Brooks might not be headed to the Big 10 after all. He really likes Cal's presentation of the UK program, and you know what that means once Cal has a kid locked up as a target. Keep an eye on this recruitment as it might go to the 11th hour with UK as a real player. Or, it it might mean Keion commits to a Big 10 school tomorrow and UK never had a chance. Either way, just remember that you heard it here first, and that my circle of coaches exists some place either in a fictional universe or in reality, and that very likely they're hearing nothing that you haven't already heard about Brooks.

That's all for now. I've got some videos to watch for my next tournament and I've been keeping Doc Rivers on hold while I typed this, so I've got to go take his call now before we both fly down to the next recruiting discussion at the pancake house with a bunch of other coaches in my league who are connected to the ins and outs of every notable potential UK recruit. Why follow what analysts are saying when you can get the info from me? I'm a random coach some place in America. My sources are clearly superior to all others.

Until then, keep an eye on Calipari. If he parts his hair to the right side of his head, it usually means that NIKE is giving him good vibes on potential recruits. If he parts his hair to the left, it typically means he's pissed at NIKE for not promising a kid's commitment at that some anti-Calipari conspiracy is taking place.

Oh, and Tschiebwe got an offer. That has to mean something with a rather massive implication. Stay tuned...
You confused me lol

Hey gang,

This is incredible.

i am just shocked to find out the Riley is pretty knowledgeable about Basketball. Shocker

I don't guess I understand the @CoachX11 hate. Seems like a good dude who usually has some interesting insight. Oh well, to each their own I suppose.

No hate involved.

Your misread. It's an intrigue for everything that is horrific about the internet, including the interaction of the message board communal world. The admiration, from my end, is found in what has become an obliteration of seeking truth. Truth doesn't matter anymore. As you demonstrated, a compliance in the appearance of decent behavior towards human emotion is all that matters. Playing nice in the sandbox is what matters, even if you're actually sitting in a box of kitty litter. Just ignore the latter and hold tight to the former and you're now considered "decent", the truth be damned. Decency trumps truth.

Last edited:
Hey gang,

Damn what is the title of this classic diss track?

Hey gang,

THE best recruiting info I have ever read...

:joy:

AlohaCat

No hate involved.

Your misread. It's an intrigue for everything that is horrific about the internet, including the interaction of the message board communal world. The admiration, from my end, is found in what has become an obliteration of seeking truth. Truth doesn't matter anymore. As you demonstrated, a compliance in the appearance of decent behavior towards human emotion is all that matters. Playing nice in the sandbox is what matters, even if you're actually sitting in a box of kitty litter. Just ignore the latter and hold tight to the former and you're now considered "decent", the truth be damned. Decency trumps truth.
catlittler-clump-amazon.gif

Why would anyone come on here and offer free information whether it be inside or made-up. We have morons that do nothing but want to tear down and make fun of people.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Why would anyone come on here and offer free information whether it be inside or made-up. We have morons that do nothing but want to tear down and make fun of people.

Let's approach it a different way for a moment. I've put up with some of the "insiders" for over a decade, often times in silence because I didn't want to disrespect what might have turned out to be legit info. Other times I would remain silent just because it didn't seem like mentioning anything was a worthwhile endeavor. With the exception of a random poster here or there, almost all of those recruiting posts never came to be real info.

I can't take it anymore. If you want to live in West Word and pretend it's all going to be fine so long as we toe the party line, have at it, but please don't play Moral Sheriff unless you can actually offer evidential connection to source material. Almost all of these guys treat their sources like they're on the break of illuminating the grassy knoll shooter or something. It's just recruiting, and protecting sources while playing with cryptic ambiguity about ones own credentials is bizarre, even on the internet.

An old saying came out years ago that went like this: trust, but verify. I disagree. It should be: verify, then verify again, then trust.

Last edited:
Reactions: thepip and Cindog28
I like your posts, but an awful lot of name dropping in this one. Try not to break your arm jerking yourself off. You don't need to appease the insufferables here.

I like your posts, but an awful lot of name dropping in this one. Try not to break your arm jerking yourself off. You don't need to appease the insufferables here.

I suppose it's my training as a teacher/student to some degree.

If I make a point as a student in a research seminar, for example, my prof is going to ask me if I can defend my point with evidence.

If I make a point as a teacher in class that seems a tad outlandish, my students will ask me to show them where and how my point is true.

It's a process of verifying fact. Children do it. Professors do it. The half-drunken guy at the bar does it when he hears a wild story.

So my question: why does the internet get a pass? People can say it doesn't matter because it's the net; but our vast post totals clearly implicate us all in a reality where "it doesn't really matter" simply isn't true.

So again I ask, why doesn't verification matter here?

Reactions: Cats192
No hate involved.

Beautiful Truth...the only non-illusion that surrounds us.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Hey gang,

This is all getting too crazy!!

Hey gang,

Sounds legit!

Hope you don’t mind if I run to my buds & let them know I heard this info from a legitimate recruiting guru?

Look forward to your future random postings set aside just long enough for me to forget what you claimed previously.

If I make a point as a student in a research seminar, for example, my prof is going to ask me if I can defend my point with evidence.

If I make a point as a teacher in class that seems a tad outlandish, my students will ask me to show them where and how my point is true.

It's a process of verifying fact. Children do it. Professors do it. The half-drunken guy at the bar does it when he hears a wild story.

So my question: why does the internet get a pass? People can say it doesn't matter because it's the net; but our vast post totals clearly implicate us all in a reality where "it doesn't really matter" simply isn't true.

The guy might be some low level assistant somewhere, and that’s all good, but I would really rather hear stuff he knows about than the crap he posts. Like if he saw some kid who he really likes and the kid is going to Fordham, tell me that. Not this vague nonsense.

Ralphdaltonfan obviously has some connections, and he will give specific details about some sophomore from Minnesota who is about to blowup. RDF comes across as authentic and never pretends to be anything special.

I know Jakarii gets on some people’s nerves, and I get that, but he also has some connections. If he posts some random Utah related tidbit, it’s probably spot on.

Those kind of posts interest me, for whatever they’re worth. Can’t say I’ve gotten much out of this Coach character lately.

ah, so you have special training. Well. And here I thought you were the one guy in the crowd yelling at the stage, showing how smart you are and how much you know, as many others roll their eyes. didn't know you've actually been in a classroom, unlike so many of us.

ah, so you have special training. Well. And here I thought you were the one guy in the crowd yelling at the stage, showing how smart you are and how much you know, as many others roll their eyes. didn't know you've actually been in a classroom, unlike so many of us.

You're doing the thing you're accusing me of, just deploying it with an infusion of sarcasm. Plus, the post you cited acts as a reminder for what many of us have gone through in our road to obtaining sensible outlook within a conversation. It would be rather pointless for me to try to convince people using a tactic and line of reasoning I thought was exclusive to myself, would it not?

No exclusivity here, my man, despite your desperate grab at painting me as an elitist.

The guy might be some low level assistant somewhere, and that’s all good, but I would really rather hear stuff he knows about than the crap he posts. Like if he saw some kid who he really likes and the kid is going to Fordham, tell me that. Not this vague nonsense.

Ralphdaltonfan obviously has some connections, and he will give specific details about some sophomore from Minnesota who is about to blowup. RDF comes across as authentic and never pretends to be anything special.

I know Jakarii gets on some people’s nerves, and I get that, but he also has some connections. If he posts some random Utah related tidbit, it’s probably spot on.

Those kind of posts interest me, for whatever they’re worth. Can’t say I’ve gotten much out of this Coach character lately.

You're a fair poster, probably one of the most balanced posters we have. What's interesting to me is the bigger issue this thread (and the other Coach thread) has prompted: one of internet propriety regarding these random internet recruiting guys.

We're obviously seeing a dividing line when it comes to values of propriety. It's universally okay to hold the methods of coaches of other programs accountable through mockery and parody, hold our politicians accountable through mockery and parody, and hold the claims of opposing fans accountable through mockery and parody.

Question a somewhat articulate guy claiming to have recruiting insight? The gloves come off and the moral line is drawn in the sand.

I'm not buying the fake nobility I'm seeing in this thread or the other one, not when it comes from the same fans who have no problem mocking when it's on their terms with targets that have been confirmed as acceptable.

If I'm going to listen to someone claiming to have recruiting insight, they need to verify who they are first.

You're a fair poster, probably one of the most balanced posters we have. What's interesting to me is the bigger issue this thread (and the other Coach thread) has prompted: one of internet propriety regarding these random internet recruiting guys.

We're obviously seeing a dividing line when it comes to values of propriety. It's universally okay to hold the methods of coaches of other programs accountable through mockery and parody, hold our politicians accountable through mockery and parody, and hold the claims of opposing fans accountable through mockery and parody.

Question a somewhat articulate guy claiming to have recruiting insight? The gloves come off and the moral line is drawn in the sand.

I'm not buying the fake nobility I'm seeing in this thread or the other one, not when it comes from the same fans who have no problem mocking when it's on their terms with targets that have been confirmed as acceptable.

If I'm going to listen to someone claiming to have recruiting insight, they need to verify who they are first.

Fair enough. We all have our biases, but I try really hard to be consistent and take things at face value. I’d like to believe that I’m not easily put in a box.

But I will pick at a UL/KU/UNC/Duke fan sometimes just because, and without regard to logic or reason. Gotta have a little fun.

Sounds like a done deal. What the deal is that is done, I haven't a clue. But it seems like something or another is set in stone. Or maybe not.

Reactions: Cindog28

Not only fair but he's one of those math guys. It's pretty wild, they're usually super strange but not Aike. He's got swag + brains. He can also play basketball. Lol.

That man is talented. When is the last time you saw a math wiz please his old lady, solve string theory and collect data automatically AND make sense of it in his mind all at the same time? Very few can accomplish this. Then dude will beat you in horse when it's all over....still data collecting involuntarily.

I bet he ends up mayor of his town.

ADVERTISEMENT