ADVERTISEMENT

Coach here... End of season update.

Giles is gone folks he is no 75-25 or 99-1 nothing he is off to the NBA. I know some people too

No way cal promised or pledged or said he would have failed him to quade green to get him to league after 1 season. This made me laugh out loud.

1. I agree on Giles. He and Tatum are gonzo. 100%. I think Kennard and Bitch boy return. I'm going off of nothing. Kennard may want a payday who knows. Duke seems to keep guys like him though.

Don't agree on Quade. Cal will sell aspiring NBA players on leaving. Some call it forcing out, others call it protecting a players financial standing. Davis, MKG, Wall etc had no option to return to UK. If he thinks Green has a lottery game and wants the pros, he probably
Wouldn't be allowed to return either. And he's only selling it to green that way because that's what Green wants to hear.

I know people scoff at this and try and dismiss it but it's true.

He may leave after one year but unless he improves a lot between now and then it'll be a mistake. See, this is the kind of stuff that pisses me off with Cal. He puts it into these fringe OAD guys heads that they'll only be here a year. He should be telling them that they "might" have a good shot to be OAD if they put in the work but that it's not a sure thing.

If he wants to tell the sure fire OAD guys that crap then fine. But damn save it on the ones that should realistically be here more than a year. If the kid happens to not play to a OAD level then he feels like he has to leave or that he's a disappointment. These scenarios usually work out for Cal and the kid but we end up getting the short end of the stick as fans of the school.

As for Giles, can you imagine Cal bringing the #1 player in the country off the bench? It's amazing how Giles has been handled and that they will probably get another year from him. Must be nice to bring your top guys back for for a second season.

Oh, look guys!!! ZaytovenCat is posting another post bitching and moaning about Cal again. Imagine that! Wow, you never cease to amaze me with your constant negative comments. You literally NEVER have anything good to say about our program. Are you really even a fan? How can you be a fan of something that you find so many problems with? I don't get that.

Also, you're taking the words that Coach said completely out of context. COMPLETELY! You twisting the words around to fit your negative narrative as usual. Coach did t say that Cal told him he would definitely be a OAD. That's not what Coach said. He said that Cal told him that he (Cal) would have failed him if he wasn't OAD. Now, there is a big damn difference in those 2 things. I highly doubt that Cal has ever promised anyone that they'd be a OAD. Also, you read the post about someone speaking to his mother, right? Saying he was planning for 2 years? So, just slow your role a bit and try not to switch things around just to fit your narrative.

Hey man, maybe it is legit. But again... there is nothing in the original post that I couldn't have come up with or that can be held to. In fact, it sort of reads like... if someone wanted to post something that would make UK fans happy, you know? UK is doing great, Cal is pushing OAD, Duke is getting hammered in exactly the fashion you guys would like, former #1 recruit Giles is sucking so badly that he probably can't even go to the league, oh, and it is Grayson's Allen fault...

And there is almost no way Giles comes back... although leaving it 75/25 allows someone to say "Oh well, I guess he saw the light and realized there was nothing to be gained... something must have changed."

Could be totally legit, of course. Just saying... nothing revolutionary there. Next one could easily be something like...

"Hearing a 2019 guard is SUPER high on the Cats. Loves how Cal used Monk and Fox this year. We should hear something in the near future, although there could be something that bumps that back.

Bagley apparently had a great convo with Cal recently... he likes UK a lot.

Zion Williamson is another guy who really likes UK, but I am hearing from some folks I know that he is leaning towards staying close to home. 70/30 he stays in SC, but anything can happen.

Duke continues to take a beating on the recruiting trail. Especially the bigs are noticing that Duke tends to use their big guys just for setting screens.

Coach Barbee seems to have taken the lead on the recruitment of Moses Brown, a big who might be on his way up the rankings. His camp loves what Cal has done with bigs, especially a few who have a similar play style."

You know?

But of course, could totally legit be a D1 coach posting tidbits on a message board.

Look who got their panties in a wad!! LMAO! If the role was reversed and it said we were getting hammered, you would be plastering this all over the Internet. But since it said Duke, you're trying to question the credibility. LMaO!! That's so funny. Coach has been around awhile and he's got all the credibility that we need. If it's not for you, move right along Dukie.

In my limited time here it seems that you only post negative comments.

You hit the nail on the head. It's literally ALL he posts. I don't understand how someone can be a fan of something and NEVER say a nice word about it. Like, EVER! He's notorious round here for his ridiculous bitching and moaning about anything UK. If you can't tell, he doesn't like our coach much.

Well, he doesn't like anything much actually.

Reactions: csrupp
@CoachX11 bump.

Starting to hear a lot of Quickley buzz. I know you said it wasn't him, but things have changed before.

Quickely was who I was referring to originally. I don't recall saying it wasn't him.

Now its kind of out, I can elaborate a bit more.

What I was told is that Quickley and UK are talking about getting it done early so they can get "their guys".

Smart has the offer too, so if he jumped on it early I think UK would take him.

However, in a post yesterday I said it'll be done by August. I said that because I think Cal will want to wait till after the AAU circuit to see who could fit together.

I like Quickley better, but Smart is almost just as good. It's win, win.

Coach Cal and other top recruiter gets kids who can recruit other kids.

Think Quade: getting Diallo and Bamba.

Quickely was who I was referring to originally. I don't recall saying it wasn't him.

What I was told is that Quickley and UK are talking about getting it done early so they can get "their guys".

However, in a post yesterday I said it'll be done by August. I said that because I think Cal will want to wait till after the AAU circuit to see who could fit together.

who would the point guard be looking to recruit to UK in the 18 class?

come on ... admit it.. you've been here a while and this is a new screen name. Come on... it will be our secret.... no one else has to know.
I don't remember you being such a curmudgeon before my "new" screen name. I guess some people handle illness with dignity and class while other do you.

Oh, look guys!!! ZaytovenCat is posting another post bitching and moaning about Cal again. Imagine that! Wow, you never cease to amaze me with your constant negative comments. You literally NEVER have anything good to say about our program. Are you really even a fan? How can you be a fan of something that you find so many problems with? I don't get that.

Also, you're taking the words that Coach said completely out of context. COMPLETELY! You twisting the words around to fit your negative narrative as usual. Coach did t say that Cal told him he would definitely be a OAD. That's not what Coach said. He said that Cal told him that he (Cal) would have failed him if he wasn't OAD. Now, there is a big damn difference in those 2 things. I highly doubt that Cal has ever promised anyone that they'd be a OAD. Also, you read the post about someone speaking to his mother, right? Saying he was planning for 2 years? So, just slow your role a bit and try not to switch things around just to fit your narrative.
I put him on ignore years ago. He and UMM are the 2 biggest idiots this board has ever known easily.

My bad, I remembered incorrectly. Everyone was hoping for Smart but you did say it was likely going to be Quickley popping first.

Reactions: Aike
That wins the internet for you today?? Wow. Sounded to me like something a 12 year old would come up with. Heck, it's not even original.

I thought it was funny. If that bothered you enough to reply, that says a lot about you as well.

If this person bothers you so much, use the ignore button. Otherwise, seems to me, you're just letting him rent space in your head, and getting you all pissy.

Hello pot, please meet kettle. Taking your advice though, the block button does work wonders for Aholes.

Last edited:
I will just say that I got banned for calling trolls idiots. And the trolls remain.

I know how it feels... I got banned the day Tubby left ..... simply for starting a thanks for the good memories thread.. and it took me several years to give a darn about posting again... which is why I didnt get this name until 2012

Reactions: csrupp
ADVERTISEMENT