ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal to continue coaching at UK....past age 60 ???

I stopped reading after it said he still signs all the best players, we know that’s not true, Duke does and Cal gets the leftovers.

Yeah the vocal few who say this all the time makes seeing the sarcasm harder, lol.

I've always thought Cal just said he'd be here around 10 years so it gave him more control of the narrative surrounding his future. If he consistently said he'd be here until he retired, or until XXXX date, it'd give the opportunity for fans to be more upset if he retired early or pursued something else. I seriously doubt he's ever had a concrete date he'd be gone in his mind. That's always just been "Coach Cal Speak" in my opinion.

I think all of us when we are younger, look at the 60 age and say wow, that's old. But when you finally get close you realize that things haven't changed as much as you thought they would and 70 is now the new old. As I climb toward that I have changed old to 80, lol.

Love Cal but listening to Kyle Macy today talking about Cal bothered me. Kyle said Cal had stated his priority was not to win championships for UK but to help our young guys get to the NBA. I had heard some fans reference this but never thought Cal actually stated that sentiment. I wanted to believe both were possible but not one over the other. Hearing Kyle state that it has been said hit me wrong. Maybe it's my age but I would want Cal's first priority is to have a burning desire to win titles.

He said it when he was introduced as our new coach. People here play it down or ignore it. I think Cal really feels that way. Maybe it’s a noble thing to want to help kids over gaining NC banners. Each of us has to figure out that on our own.

He said it when he was introduced as our new coach. People here play it down or ignore it. I think Cal really feels that way. Maybe it’s a noble thing to want to help kids over gaining NC banners. Each of us has to figure out that on our own.

Yep, just recently he said winning NCs was a huge priority. With Cal, he has so much going on, it depends on what day it is on expressing what's on his mind, lol.

Not trying to be obtuse, but, believe it or not, there are players that actually enjoy college.

Yes, many of them go to Duke , UNC, & KU.
Many don't really care for college, but play 4 years and get
an education because it's their only choice for a good life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT