ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal to continue coaching at UK....past age 60 ???

The impatience and people being disappointed that he's "only" won 1 title and gone to 4 final fours in 9 years was due in part to Cal saying he only wanted to be here ten years and this feeling of us really needing to cash in while he's here. If he's here 20 years that all really takes care of itself as I anticipate us to have multiple titles if that's the case, especially with K hanging it up soon.

I stopped reading after it said he still signs all the best players, we know that’s not true, Duke does and Cal gets the leftovers.
Really?

His recruiting at UK has been unparalleled.

Duke is on a good run, but being 2nd is awesome. If we could get a couple of key guys to stay a 2nd year, like Duke seems to be able to do., then Cal would have at least one more title, and perhaps two.

You come off as a fool for complaining about recruiting. The recruiting was embarrassingly bad under Smith and Clyde.

Remember, we're not entitled to anything. Some of our fans are delusional in thinking any Coach will be successful here because of the name. Totally untrue. If you don't hire the right guy, the program will be unsuccessful.

I stopped reading after it said he still signs all the best players, we know that’s not true, Duke does and Cal gets the leftovers.
And in the meantime UNC, Nova and UConn have three of the last four NCAAs with very good players but not the best. Yep, Duke won it in 2015 but UK had the best team with the best players,

I've always thought Cal just said he'd be here around 10 years so it gave him more control of the narrative surrounding his future. If he consistently said he'd be here until he retired, or until XXXX date, it'd give the opportunity for fans to be more upset if he retired early or pursued something else. I seriously doubt he's ever had a concrete date he'd be gone in his mind. That's always just been "Coach Cal Speak" in my opinion.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Really?

His recruiting at UK has been unparalleled.

Duke is on a good run, but being 2nd is awesome. If we could get a couple of key guys to stay a 2nd year, like Duke seems to be able to do.,...that's part of recruiting. Sign players that want to play 2/3 years....That's on Cal.......... then Cal would have at least one more title, and perhaps two.

You come off as a fool for complaining about recruiting. The recruiting was embarrassingly bad under Smith and Clyde.

Remember, we're not entitled to anything. Some of our fans are delusional in thinking any Coach will be successful here because of the name. Totally untrue. If you don't hire the right guy, the program will be unsuccessful.

Find players that enjoy college and want to play 2/3 years ala WCS ..Darius
I added to OP's post.........just my opinion..don't blame the OP

Find players that enjoy college and want to play 2/3 years ala WCS ..Darius
I added to OP's post.........just my opinion..don't blame the OP
For what purpose? So poppycat can "get to know" the players better? [pfftt]

I believe Coach Cal will be there for a while yet.

He is perfect for Kentucky (great recruiter at a school to which it is pretty easy to recruit, being a true blue blood. Match made in Heaven)

And Uk is perfect for him. Die-hard fan base who loves basketball and success.

I get that some of you don’t like learning a new team every year, but Coach Cal was a great hire. Hard to argue with his success.

For what purpose? So poppycat can "get to know" the players better? [pfftt]

NO....Players like WCS and D Miller are just much better players as Jr/Sr.
I believe WCS was lottery after 3 years. Players like Teague & Goodwin
would have made more money by staying 2/3 years, 2 years helped both
UK & Ulis. The list is longer.:rolleyes:

Like them (I don't) or hate them, UNC has won a few games with Jr/Sr
loaded teams.

I've always thought Cal just said he'd be here around 10 years so it gave him more control of the narrative surrounding his future. If he consistently said he'd be here until he retired, or until XXXX date, it'd give the opportunity for fans to be more upset if he retired early or pursued something else. I seriously doubt he's ever had a concrete date he'd be gone in his mind. That's always just been "Coach Cal Speak" in my opinion.

Yeah ole Cal lies with the best of them...

Imagine if Cal recruited the teams, assembled them, coached them, fired them up.. and put K on the sidelines to stand there, yell at the officials and get helped..

like.. 3 undefeated teams? 78 Final 4s?

If you don't mind, please leave and never come back. Thanks in advance!
ross-clapping.gif

Reactions: MbergCat
Cal is gone after Brad leaves, I give him 3 more years after this season.
Again, please get back on the Duke board. So now you have a crystal ball and see into the future. Well I have a ball that says you are a Duke Troll. Also, heard that you won Dumbass of the Year Award as a poster on RR. Congratulations.

Where did I say he lied? Controlling the narrative around your own career and lying are two completely separate things...but alright?

If it's not the truth, it's a lie. There is no in between. Words mean things. If it's coach speak as you are stating, he was not telling the truth. To each his own...

Stupid is as Stupid does. Go Away Dummy. Get back on the Duke board.
Which person is "stupider" in this equation? The one who fails to make his sarcasm obvious enough or the one who fails to pick up on said sarcasm?

Seeing as you didn't bother to read my next post in the thread I'll go ahead and claim you the "stupidest".

Which person is "stupider" in this equation? The one who fails to make his sarcasm obvious enough or the one who fails to pick up on said sarcasm?

Seeing as you didn't bother to read my next post in the thread I'll go ahead and claim you the "stupidest".
Read your post Dummy. Again, go away. Change your Avatar to "Stupid is as Stupid Does".

The impatience and people being disappointed that he's "only" won 1 title and gone to 4 final fours in 9 years was due in part to Cal saying he only wanted to be here ten years and this feeling of us really needing to cash in while he's here. If he's here 20 years that all really takes care of itself as I anticipate us to have multiple titles if that's the case, especially with K hanging it up soon.

Nope. Has to do with the fact we have quite a few neurotic idiots in our fanbase who love to bitch and complain.

Maybe he will shoot for staying longer than K has at Duke(age wise).

If it's not the truth, it's a lie. There is no in between. Words mean things. If it's coach speak as you are stating, he was not telling the truth. To each his own...

I disagree. Coach Cal reallyyyy talks down on his team almost every year at the beginning saying how bad they are, but everyone knows they aren't as behind as he leads on. It's just the way he talks sometimes and I don't think it's so cut and dry. Like you said though, to each his own I guess.

Reactions: BBUK
Love Cal but listening to Kyle Macy today talking about Cal bothered me. Kyle said Cal had stated his priority was not to win championships for UK but to help our young guys get to the NBA. I had heard some fans reference this but never thought Cal actually stated that sentiment. I wanted to believe both were possible but not one over the other. Hearing Kyle state that it has been said hit me wrong. Maybe it's my age but I would want Cal's first priority is to have a burning desire to win titles.

Reactions: Farsight
It stays down. You are one of the worst for jumping to conclusions and rush to bash anything you perceive is negative regarding Cal.
That's a bit harsh, but I will take your opinion into account. I'm a Cal fan for sure, but I never thought I was over the top with it.
It's good to get some feedback. I try to be rational most of the time. The other times I can blame it on being drunk and therefore irrational.

You're a good poster. I always respect your thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT