ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal: "I'm Not Worried About Louisville"

Why do fans still freak out about this? Every single year Cal has been here the players always go home for Christmas, and every single year the yokels freak out about not practicing the full week before the UofL game.

UK is 5-1 vs UofL in those games, so whatever the team is or isn't doing hasn't seemed to hurt them. Knowing some in this fan base, though, if UK happens to lose to UofL, there will be an overreaction and all the blame will be placed on letting the players go home for Christmas.
And I think WCS played football
It's Groundhog Day every Christmas

I thought we were off like 9 days after game like last year but we play ole miss on the 2nd so i guess it doesnt matter when he lets them off

It was only a matter of time...

notworried_1024x1024.jpg

www.ThrowboyTees.com

Reactions: UK till Death
At this point I feel like Jared Lorenzen is just sitting around some internet t-shirt design site all day waiting to cash in on us BBN crazies. I'll take two.

I am a UofL fan and why should he or the team be worried about UofL? As much as I don't like it, the simple truth is that UK has dominated the series more than ever since CAL has been the coach. Hats off to your coach and team because it looks like you guys have another very impressive team this year. Hope we can keep it respectable and hope both teams can do well outside of the rivalry game. Good luck this season although I don't think you all need it.

And hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.

The internet. You can do some amazing things with it.

I agree with Cal. I don't nor never worry about the ville. If Cal wants to, he can give our guys a month off and i still wouldn't worry about playing UL. Say what you want about Cal, but it's pretty obvious Cal has Rick's number and with the Ville's current roster, i don't see that changing for another few years at least. Why would Cal worry about UL? This is the weakest roster Rick has coached at UL in 10 years. Our roster is just as loaded as ever. Does that mean it's a guranteed victory? Of course not. We could lose the game to UL. It's highly unlikely and if it did happen, it really wouldn't mean much of nothing. We would still be as talented as anybody and they still would suck. Don't think i'm predicting to lose the UL game. We will win this game by 10+ points and it won't even be that close throughout the game.

Every year, Cal let players go home and ones cant. he has over his house..Pitino makes his player stay behind and practice..and they lose to us... I will trust in Cal and what he decides

Reactions: UKWildcatT
The message Cal is sending to UL is you are insignificant. The message Cal is sending to his players is some things like family are more important than basketball. The latter is a life lession that he feels they need to know. Cal is always teaching and sometimes it is not about basketball. I applaud him.

A concept needed to be learned here. UL is insignificant. We waste way too many threads discussing them.

My father used to say this alot. "When faced with an inferior foe, kill it or ignore it. Anything else honors it."

Cal on the radio just now, saying:

"People are going crazy cause I said we're not practicing over Christmas. And they'll say 'Why aren't you getting ready for Louisville?' Well guess what, I'm not worried about Louisville"

Cal is a legend [laughing][laughing] People seem a little down after tonight's effort, have some faith! We've got THIS GUY ^^^^ running the show

iyfvn6buku8t1cm3gije.gif

I'm not scared of Louisville as well. Kentucky has the talent and coaching advantage. However rivalry games tend to be close. Kentucky wins by around ten.

ADVERTISEMENT