ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal: "I'm Not Worried About Louisville"

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
Cal on the radio just now, saying:

"People are going crazy cause I said we're not practicing over Christmas. And they'll say 'Why aren't you getting ready for Louisville?' Well guess what, I'm not worried about Louisville"

Cal is a legend [laughing][laughing] People seem a little down after tonight's effort, have some faith! We've got THIS GUY ^^^^ running the show

Cal-bobblehead.gif

Why do fans still freak out about this? Every single year Cal has been here the players always go home for Christmas, and every single year the yokels freak out about not practicing the full week before the UofL game.

UK is 5-1 vs UofL in those games, so whatever the team is or isn't doing hasn't seemed to hurt them. Knowing some in this fan base, though, if UK happens to lose to UofL, there will be an overreaction and all the blame will be placed on letting the players go home for Christmas.

Why do fans still freak out about this? Every single year Cal has been here the players always go home for Christmas, and every single year the yokels freak out about not practicing the full week before the UofL game.

UK is 5-1 vs UofL in those games, so whatever the team is or isn't doing hasn't seemed to hurt them. Knowing some in this fan base, though, if UK happens to lose to UofL, there will be an overreaction and all the blame will be placed on letting the players go home for Christmas.
Who is freaking out

Reactions: bigbluelou
Who is freaking out
I don't know, ask Cal. He's the one that said people are already going crazy about not practicing over Christmas break, so evidently some fans have already voiced their concerns about it, knowing that is the way he always handles Christmas break. Happens every single year.

Reactions: DwayneMeighan
This year i dont agree with Cal...he can let them go dome right after the game
Why this year? Ul worst team in Cal era and we have them at home I'm sure Rick will have so team practicing three times a day over the holidays all for nothing. Again.

I don't know, ask Cal. He's the one that said people are already going crazy about not practicing over Christmas break, so evidently some fans have already voiced their concerns about it, knowing that is the way he always handles Christmas break. Happens every single year.

Learn Cal. He said that so he could throw out the comment about not caring about Louisville.

Learn Cal. He said that so he could throw out the comment about not caring about Louisville.

Bingo.

How many fans do you think Cal actually listens to? Do you think he gets on Rafters every day and hears our displeasure about things?

He has no idea, nor should he (he's gotta bigger birds to fry). He just says stuff like that to get his real point across (that Louisville isn't worth his time)

mAre the ones saying our guys should miss out on seeing their families over Christmas the same ones who sit on their hands at Rupp and act like entitled turds?

Edit: the more I think about it, the more I agree ymmot31.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluest Member
Yeah, you're probably right concerning Cal, but even so, there will still be threads started and radio shows called, with fans overreacting about it. Like I said, happens every single year.

Look at the schedule this year...in all actuality Pitino isnt really gonna be able to let them go home...we are their 4th or 5th game in 8 days

either they'll be on top of their game or tired of playing so much. But we should be more rested than the birds.

I took this as he's not thinking about Louisville right now. He's thinking about his team as it is today and what he and the coaching staff need to do to help them improve.

I doubt it was intended as a shot at lil bro, but Cal has been known to speak in riddles, so perhaps this was a double entendre. :smiley:

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
The message Cal is sending to UL is you are insignificant. The message Cal is sending to his players is some things like family are more important than basketball. The latter is a life lession that he feels they need to know. Cal is always teaching and sometimes it is not about basketball. I applaud him.

The message Cal is sending to UL is you are insignificant. The message Cal is sending to his players is some things like family are more important than basketball. The latter is a life lession that he feels they need to know. Cal is always teaching and sometimes it is not about basketball. I applaud him.
We need ta git'er coach in her' that lives breaths and bleeds this her' basketball game.

Cal on the radio just now, saying:

"People are going crazy cause I said we're not practicing over Christmas. And they'll say 'Why aren't you getting ready for Louisville?' Well guess what, I'm not worried about Louisville"

Cal is a legend [laughing][laughing] People seem a little down after tonight's effort, have some faith! We've got THIS GUY ^^^^ running the show
Being a legend doesn't put points on the board or win games, but I see what Calipari is thinking. There are 30 games on our regular season schedule. Calipari builds in some breaks so our players stay fresh. It's a home game for us. The Cards are better than some of the other teams we will play, but not as good as others. If this Louisville team can beat this Kentucky team in Lexington, it would be a stunning upset. I don't think Calipari takes any team for granted, but his primary concern is being sure our guys are taken care of right. I'm sure Calipari will have our guys ready for that game, and I'm not worried about it.

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
I took this as he's not thinking about Louisville right now. He's thinking about his team as it is today and what he and the coaching staff need to do to help them improve.

I doubt it was intended as a shot at lil bro, but Cal has been known to speak in riddles, so perhaps this was a double entendre. :smiley:

The boy do have swag....

We're 7-1 against the Cards so whatever approach Cal thinks we need to take is all good with me.

Huh? Why? The kids deserve Christmas with their families just like everyone else. Sometimes we fans take winning a game far too seriously!
Exactly! The players are teenagers and it is just a game. No matter how much success, money and fame they earn in their careers, time with family and friends cannot be bought back. I really hope we beat Louisville, but if we stumble, it will not be the end of the world.

Huh? Why? The kids deserve Christmas with their families just like everyone else. Sometimes we fans take winning a game far too seriously!

Who is complaining? I guess its that prick I have on ignore. Cal owns Pitino and will again come 12/26. Some fans think the players are their something I want say on here due to the backlash it would give. This is not a job, it is just a game these players play...they are not paid for it, and when they get in the NBA or the real world...then it will be a job. Then they may have to work on Xmas day if they are in the NBA....so what, they are making millions then and then it is a career choice. I digress.

ADVERTISEMENT