ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal: 'If an NBA team would lie to me, you’re not coming in my gym'

that's hilarious. Cal is on the record as saying he lies his ass off to NBA teams about players who are declaring so he can try to get them drafted even if they aren't ready.
Not only that but he lies to us fans right and left.

Cal is a salesman and that requires a few whoppers. I have learned to read his bull shit, and don’t hold it against him.

Reactions: KFuqua
I think when you look at the talent we have had over the years under cal, it is not unrealistic to expect more than one title by this point, do you?
Big difference in your two posts...
Yes, Cal and UK should have another title or two.
But, that doesn't mean he screwed up, there are many, many factors that go into winning that tournament.
K was anointed the title the last two years...

Big difference in your two posts...
Yes, Cal and UK should have another title or two.
But, that doesn't mean he screwed up, there are many, many factors that go into winning that tournament.
K was anointed the title the last two years...
I just think that is more proof that winning a title with basically freshmen is very unlikely to happen. In fact it has never been done.

Reactions: KFuqua
I can't locate the 2012 interview referenced above, but I did locate this from a 2016 interview with Adam Zagoria:

"I’m not holding these kids back,” Calipari told SNY TV’s Adam Zagoria. “I tell kids that shouldn’t go, ‘You shouldn’t go.’ Well, what if that kid says, ‘But, I’m going anyway’?” How would you deal with it? Would you go bury the kid to the NBA, say none of you should pick him, he stinks? Or would you go lie and say he’s unbelievable, he’s the greatest kid.What would you do if he were your kid? I’ve had probably four kids absolutely should not have left, and left.”

Cal doesn't specifically state that he lies to NBA teams, but there is an implication of such.

This thread is a prime example of what happens when people don't read the linked article. :rolleyes:

It clearly quotes Calipari saying that he bends over backwards for NBA Execs. by giving them full freedom to come to his gym and Rupp during the season, and if one of them lies by guaranteeing a UK player to be picked in the first round and does not do it, then he won't welcome them back. Basically holding them to their integrity and telling the NBA people not to bullshit his players.

I think when you look at the talent we have had over the years under cal, it is not unrealistic to expect more than one title by this point, do you?

Any team can have have a poor game in a 68 Team Single Elimination Tournament. Remember when Duke was pegged as the preseason favorite to win the title the last two seasons? At one point some people were even asking if the Tatum, Giles team "could go 40-0?"...

Any team can have have a poor game in a 68 Team Single Elimination Tournament. Remember when Duke was pegged as the preseason favorite to win the title the last two seasons? At one point some people were even asking if the Tatum, Giles team "could go 40-0?"...
Duke has had some let downs in March, I agree. However, they have two titles since Cal has been here. so I am sure their fans can accept disappointments a tad easier than our fans due to the aforementioned fact.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I can't believe this has turned into a Calipari hate thread. He was taking up for our players. How hard is that to understand?

"FARRRRR CAL!!!111!!!"

[eyeroll]

Yeah.. I was wondering how something positive had 2 pages of response...

Now I know. Smh

Reactions: Cindog28
Seriously, you have a weird infatuation with Morg and it’s kinda annoying. Stop.

If I want your opinion I will give it to you, twerp. Be Good (Your buddy "Morg" appreciates you looking out for him. He's ur good best bud..)

This is my favorite kind of thread. Dipsh*t posters post dipsh*t things and then get their feelings hurt when rational fans pile on. Then other dipsh*t posters check in to console the original dipsh*ts, and the collective pile of dipsh*ts walk away thinking they won the mythical dipsh*t debate. [laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]

This is my favorite kind of thread. Dipsh*t posters post dipsh*t things and then get their feelings hurt when rational fans pile on. Then other dipsh*t posters check in to console the original dipsh*ts, and the collective pile of dipsh*ts walk away thinking they won the mythical dipsh*t debate. [laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]

Change your oil...Oh, wrong dip...my bad...

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-

So your point is dipshit posters exist?

Reactions: BBUK
i just spent about 20 minutes looking and couldn't find it on YouTube or Googling. But if you want to spend the time trying to find it, it's on his interview with Mike Francesa in 2012 within a week or so of us winning the title. Mike asks him about guys leaving and what about guys who shouldn't leave. And Cal says well Mike, I do my best to get them the best information I can and then they make their decision. And Mike says something like well what about the guys who make bad decisions what do you tell the NBA teams about those guys? And Cal says once they make their decision it's my job to get them drafted as high as possible so I lie my ass off to the teams when they call and tell them how great they are etc... I remember the call verbatim because I was shocked Cal said that on the radio.

Maybe you dreamed it.

Not only that but he lies to us fans right and left.

Cal is a salesman and that requires a few whoppers. I have learned to read his bull shit, and don’t hold it against him.

You seem to know a lot about bs and lies, was that your degree?

Your play on his name was semi funny the first 58 times you did it. By the 482th time it got really old.

Zay zay zay...but it's a different name every time. (Four hundred and eighty some of them...at least complain when I start reusing them..) If you were anything anyone could take serious you'd at least admit what I do is original and my schtick (funny or not) are in different categories a whole lot of the time. I don't regurgitate much. You on the other hand....

:joy: You seem to be a most miserable sort of person. You are so consistently pitiful it actually hurts but take heart..."Morg" may love you.

ADVERTISEMENT