ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal announces UK's recruiting class

Yeah, from that, you would kinda think our class is now finished, the way he is stating things. I think he must now know Johnson is going elsewhere. But, it does not rule out the idea that Diallo may also be returning to UK. Does he count for this new class???

Maybe he knows something about Diallo? If he's coming back we wouldn't get Johnson.
Put me in the minority but I scould see us getting both. And we could see a line up of(below) throughout the season to play "small ball"

Green
Diallo
Johnson
Knox
Richards/SKJ

Reactions: IrishMike409
Hopefully these means Diallo is returning, and no Johnson. Because it seems Cal is letting us know he is done adding through recruitment.

Maybe he knows something about Diallo? If he's coming back we wouldn't get Johnson.

Didn't mention Diallo in either group??

Looks like:
Green...........Alexander
Knox............Barker
Vando.........Gabe
Washington..SKJ
Richards......Wynyard....SKJ

Only prayer we have next season is if Diallo returns. My feelings on that situation have been made clear. But we need him!

I like how some think Bamba has any effect on Diallo. It doesn't.

Bamba comes to Uk, no effect.
Bamba doesn't come to Uk, no effect.

He's already said it's what's best for him and his family.

And to remind you, Diallo is already apart of the team, why would he be announced in this video? Or why would this video make you think he's returning?

Whether he returns or not, this video doesn't indicate hardly anything. He's already on the roster, this video is about signees.

Reactions: spotter34
Diallo is already on the team and Cam Johnson is a transfer. Bamba was the only recruit left in 2017 to be added to the 17 class. Cameron Johnson is still waiting on decisions by Diallo and Alkins from Arizona before transferring to either Kentucky or Arizona.

Diallo is already on the team and Cam Johnson is a transfer. Bamba was the only recruit left in 2017 to be added to the 17 class. Cameron Johnson is still waiting on decisions by Diallo and Alkins from Arizona before transferring to either Kentucky or Arizona.

Exactly. Doesn't mean the roster is done, just the recruiting class.

Reactions: Cawood86

Exactly. This video has no effect. Doesnt mean Diallo is returning. Doesnt mean Diallo is leaving.

Exactly. This video has no effect. Doesnt mean Diallo is returning. Doesnt mean Diallo is leaving.

Diallo's name was omitted from both lists.
Cal name the 4 early singees and
the later three........no Diallo in either list.

Diallo's name was omitted from both lists.
Cal name the 4 early singees and
the later three........no Diallo in either list.

Because he enrolled early. He didn't sign during either of those signing periods.

That was clearly about Knox.

I know it was right after Knox committed, but there's no way he gets so cocky unless he thinks he has all the pieces he wanted, but it's not worth debating as I could be wrong, and so could you.

We can surely use Cam or Diallo. I think the only real players for Cam are Zona and us. However, it sounds like Alkins may stay in the draft so they will have a spot for him.

The only thing I can logically conclude from this is that Cal was waiting on Bamba's decision (given the timing of the two announcements).

As for Johnson and Diallo, I think their situations are sufficiently distinct (e.g. one was already on the roster and one was part of a previous class and is a transfer) that I can't determine what impact, if any, this announcement has on their situations.

Umm yes.It is going to be tough to win a championship without having Diallo.3 guards on our roster and none of them considered at the Fox/Monk level.

We didnt have an awesome PF last yr or SF for that matter and we made it all the way to elite 8 and should have made final 4 if not for horrible calls. Just because we dont have a monk caliber player at 2g doesnt mean squat! We will have a solid guard rotation even if Diallo stays in nba... we will also have 4 forwards that can play multiple positions, fwds that are long, athletic and can put the ball on floor and slash. So why cant this be what replaces monk's production? No other team will be able to matchup to the four fwds we have.... maybe that is our calling card!
Think outside the box man!

Umm yes.It is going to be tough to win a championship without having Diallo.3 guards on our roster and none of them considered at the Fox/Monk level.

You championship or bust people are funny.

News flash we are not winning one every year. Yes that's the goal but nope, not happening.

What's fun is following the team all season long. Brandon knights team was not supposed to make the final 4 and was one of my favorite Cal teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT