ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal: “I want to make sure that I’m telling the truth.”

If we start "keeping up with the Joneses," it will not end well for us. The NCAA would set up shop in Lexington and spend as much time and money as it took to ruin Calipari and our program for good. There always has been a double standard in the way NCAA "rules" are "enforced." We have historically been on the wrong side of that double standard, and will likely still be there regardless of who is coaching us.

There is a biased perception in the mainstream sports media world that K, Self, and Roy Williams are the "good guys." Good guys who run their programs with "integrity." However, we learned during the past year that, aside from the exploitation of underage hookers and velocity of female bodily fluids against ceiling tiles aspects, most coaches and programs were about as dirty as Pitino and UL had become. Yet, with as much bad press as Cal has received about past scandals, it is now evident that he simply isn't cheating his ass off like everyone else. And it is also evident that, aside from enforcement of rules against peripheral programs, the NCAA has no interest in actually punishing teams on the "right side" of their double standard.

Losing Williamson last year and Wiseman this season are the Anagnorisis Calipari needs to go back to the drawing board and revisit each aspect of the program. He has ample opportunity to figure out a way to do more to keep kids who are moldable and willing to stay. And to find some assistants who can help give us an edge in the technical aspects of the game.

If Calipari refuses to adapt, to deviate from "one and done," losing Wiseman will be the coaching peripeteia that will mark the beginning of his decline here as a coach.

What we are doing now will win plenty of ballgames. But trying to put together championship squads, while at the same time turning over the majority of the roster each season, is too much to ask of any coach. It literally takes lightning in a bottle for that to work, especially when you've got hacks like Higgins also in the mix to derail championship runs.

In the spirit of the upcoming holiday I am thankful that those of you here keep me connected to the UK fan base. Countless times so many of you express exactly what I am thinking. In this case, let’s take the high road. Cal has helped so many achieve success. In the end that means more than winning games.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I mean you all can't believe this stuff right? Do you really believe all Cal's martyrdom over the years? There has been plenty of interviews I remember one with Malik Monk specifically where he talks about the UK is not for everyone rhetoric and he cracks up laughing and says something like Cal says a lot of crazy stuff. It's nothing but a pick up line that Cal started saying as a way of making UK glamorized and exclusive and getting a UK offer a special thing. Now it's nothing more than a convenient excuse that's he's trying to cover his own ass with.

I've said it in other threads and I'm going to say it again here. World Wide Wes and Rich Paul breaking up was the end of our dominance. Point blank that's it. When Rich left CAA their was a big power struggle for Lebron and he spurned Wes and went with his best friend and they started Klutch together. Wes and Kenny Payne are thick as thieves and as Cal and he are as well. That was our giant Nike hook up. Lebron and Cal were never anything it was always Lebron and Wes and by proxy UK. Lebron was the Y at UK game and used to tweet pictures of himself in UK gear all the time. Now he reps Duke and Coach K and sports their gear and his son posts pics wearing the Duke gear and openly cheers for them. Rich Paul and Lebron are out with recruits who end up going to Duke I mean the signs are all there.

I'm not going to complain we had the 5-6 year run with all the help we could ask for and couldn't seal enough of the big ones to really press and kept ourselves at the top of heap. It sucks and I hope to god Cal turns it around on the court and in recruiting but if you feel sorry for Cal and buy into this pitiful me rhetoric I don't know what to tell you other than you are naive and being hoodwinked.
Well said

Shit I’ll save it myself, but I’m actually far from the first person to say it even jokingly. Hardly a “heard it here first” moment.

I just want him to do whatever it took Duke to do in order to land the best 3 players in the country and thus as a result drag their balls all over the faces of their opponents.

I'm in total agreement. Unless, of course, our fans are cool with hanging banners for hollow ethics instead of national titles.

Reactions: Col. Angus
IKR, not a soul on here would complain if they take our title and victories like they did U6? Am I right?

Louisville's whore fiasco cost them as much as Adidas payments. They were too brazen.

Gotta be smart and stay away from prostitution. Apparently, there's an opening through real estate, however.

Louisville's whore fiasco cost them as much as Adidas payments. They were too brazen.

Gotta be smart and stay away from prostitution. Apparently, there's an opening through real estate, however.
We didn't use whores in the late 80's I know it is a different time, but let the NCAA find us cheating. It will be World Wide news and punishment

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Tubby said something almost identical to this when he was missing on all his major targets.

The irony is astounding.
Tubby was a poor recruiter, Cal is not. You can't in a honest way persuade kids to come where they don't want to, or want to and won't. Cal has said the same thing in his " Kentucky isn't for everybody".
We as outsiders will probably never know the true why that recruiting has dropped off. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

We didn't use whores in the late 80's I know it is a different time, but let the NCAA find us cheating. It will be World Wide news and punishment

It is a different time. UK is a money maker. The carryover from the late 80s paranoia is unwarranted.

We can't be dumb like they were in the 80s (which, by the way, was in an era where you could trace cash). There's offshore accounts, real estate, debit card accounts. Lots of ways to get these kids a fraction of what they're worth as they act as gladiators for a fan base for a year.

The ethical paradigm some are attempting to stand on has never existed. The NCAA doesn't even value their own rules, so what good are they?

Burn it down. Land the next Zion. Go to war and prepare to burn everyone's village down as you scorch the earth with championships.

Reactions: Rush2112 UK
It is a different time. UK is a money maker. The carryover from the late 80s paranoia is unwarranted.

We can't be dumb like they were in the 80s (which, by the way, was in an era where you could trace cash). There's offshore accounts, real estate, debit card accounts. Lots of ways to get these kids a fraction of what they're worth as they act as gladiators for a fan base for a year.

The ethical paradigm some are attempting to stand on has never existed. The NCAA doesn't even value their own rules, so what good are they?

Burn it down. Land the next Zion. Go to war and prepare to burn everyone's village down as you scorch the earth with championships.
Eh, makes me nervous. It is also unethical. I am not sure what we did in 80's was really dumb. I think it was a setup and I am not normally a conspiracy theorist, but how many of those packages just "pop open"?

Reactions: Rush2112 UK
Tubby was a poor recruiter, Cal is not. You can't in a honest way persuade kids to come where they don't want to, or want to and won't. Cal has said the same thing in his " Kentucky isn't for everybody".
We as outsiders will probably never know the true why that recruiting has dropped off. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

It's not that absolute. There's ways to help families that are within the ethical structures some of our fans desire.

Bagley and Zion both received real estate for coming to Duke. That's one reason we lost them. So to an extent, we can know why we're losing kids.

Eh, makes me nervous. It is also unethical. I am not sure what we did in 80's was really dumb. I think it was a setup and I am not normally a conspiracy theorist, but how many of those packages just "pop open"?

It was a setup. I agree with what someone said last week about how insiders wanted Eddie out.

Chris Mills was a heck of a player though. Worth every penny. Shawn Kemp as well.

Reactions: JC CATS
Jesse Spearsom, of course

Never gonna let it go, I see. Strange fascination.

My name isn’t Jason. If you’re ever around Portsmouth let me know. We can meet up and I’ll buy ya a Coke, show ya my ID.

Never gonna let it go, I see. Strange fascination.

My name isn’t Jason. If you’re ever around Portsmouth let me know. We can meet up and I’ll buy ya a Coke, show ya my ID.

Who said anything about a Jason? Who is that?

I just want to win another ‘chip, shake off what happened in 2015 and show the world that the Calipari era is just more than Anthony Davis and the 2012 squad.

Cal will always be portrayed as the black hat , while the Rat Faced Bastard at DOOK with all the smoke of cheating around that program, much like the Jailhawks and UNCheat will be treated in a different light by ESPN. You might as well except that fact.

ADVERTISEMENT