ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland - Boston. Who ya got?

I don't remember a time when any of those guys appeared in 7 straight NBA finals.

I do remember the Lakers losing twice to the Rockets, including 1981, when the Rockets went 40-42.

And I also remember the Celtics getting swept by Milwaukee in 1983.

Hate makes you stupid.

I remember Lebron getting swept by the Spurs in '07, quitting on his team against the Celtics in '10 when he walked around the court pouting, and choking against the Mavs in '11.

The Celtics players praise Brad Stevens and his play calling, which is unbelievable to hear at the pro level. Any level, really. Stevens has complete support from every guy on the Celtics roster which will probably be the difference maker in this series. People keep pointing out how dominant this team would be if Hawyard and Irving were healthy. They most likely would be better, but the current chemistry on the Celtics right now is tough to beat. Horford has taken on the leadership role, Rozier has emerged as a guy who is about to get paid next year and Tatum is looking like the best rookie of this stacked class. Despite having two perennial all-stars on the bench with injuries, I don't think the drop-off is as significant as most think. And a lot of that goes back to coaching and the adjustments Stevens has made with his roster. Ainge should also be credited for putting together a superior lineup. Yes, the Cavs have the best player on the planet and one of the best to ever play. But his supporting cast is not getting it done and the Celtics have waves of better players to throw at Cleveland for the entire game. I say the Celtics win in 6.

No question Stevens is doing a great job, but I think there does need to be some acknowledgement that he's probably coaching a more talented team than anyone thought.

Al Horford is perpetually underrated, because he's never been a big scorer/rebounder, but he is absolutely outstanding in every other way. And he was, after all, the #3 overall pick when he was drafted. As were Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum. Marcus Smart was #6 overall. Add Kyrie, #1 overall pick, into that mix in the regular season, and we're talking about significant talent.

The advantage of stockpiling picks in just about any sport is that some are bound to pan out (unless you're the Cleveland Browns). Hell, the Sixers appear to have blown A LOT of draft capital (Okafor, Noel sort of, very possibly Fultz), yet their future looks extremely bright because they had 2 major hits and a 3rd (Saric) who's not far off that.

I think Brad Stevens is still being slept on.. at least in part. Everyone is talking about Lebron being the GOAT.. but I think you have a potential GOAT candidate in Stevens when his career is all said and done. What he's doing with those injuries is absurd. He's probably 2nd only to Pop, and even that, is he maybe the best current coach?

I liked the Celtics in 7 before last night. Now I'm thinking it's probably in 6 games.

I remember Lebron getting swept by the Spurs in '07, quitting on his team against the Celtics in '10 when he walked around the court pouting, and choking against the Mavs in '11.
Yes, though using 2007 is pretty silly. That's like holding it against Jordan that his team got swept by the Celtics in 1986.

And LeBron has now appeared in 7 straight NBA finals.

EVERY player has had failures. To act like the mystical heroes of yore (in this case, Bird, Magic, and Jordan) didn't is to live in fairytale land.

Great coaches always make their players seem better than they are. As everyone knows, good coaching is simply putting players in the best position to succeed. Sounds easy. IT isn't the last guy who will look really good playing for Stevens only to go elsewhere and look pretty ordinary...

Not a Bronnie.

Just anti-dumbass.

Your compatriot haters followed up nicely in proving my point about how hate makes you stupid, BTW.

Yes, though using 2007 is pretty silly. That's like holding it against Jordan that his team got swept by the Celtics in 1986.

And LeBron has now appeared in 7 straight NBA finals.

EVERY player has had failures. To act like the mystical heroes of yore (in this case, Bird, Magic, and Jordan) didn't is to live in fairytale land.

Hahaha. The butthurt is strong with this one. :joy::joy::joy::joy: Your boy is a joke..a FLOP of a joke. "G.O.A.T."...my ass. [laughing]

Lebron's flopping is even worse than Duke's..and that's saying something. What an embarrassment. A 6'8 beast looking guy out there flopping and flailing around like a little girl. Pathetic.

NO ONE NOT NAMED GOLDEN STATE can't overcome LeBron James, especially with Irving out.

Like him or lump him, James is an absolute beast.

FIFY

Lebron wins in 5. Who's ready to see Lebron get 50 tomorrow? Besides, as a Laker fan, eff the Celtics.

His ability to recall plays like that, with such specific detail, reminds me of Peyton Manning. The guy is just on another level.

A lot of players can do that. Hell, I used to serve Derrick Miller when we had a restaurant near Toyota on Nicholasville, where he works. He knew his stats from every game. I've played sports before, and I was able to do the same thing, especially less than one hour after the game. Not hating on Lebron, but many athletes are wired that way.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Celtics going for the 2-0 series lead tonight.

I don't think that epic LeBron counterpunch happens.

Lebron seems pissed.. He's been in the gym all day. I have a feeling he does what he always does after an early loss: take the next game over.

Once again I prove how little I know about the NBA.

I think we all made a mistake on few things .

We forgotten somehow that Boston has 4 players that's top 5 pick. This excludes Irving.

This team is loaded from nets pick. It's all coming together and they are super young too. They'll be monstrous in few years.

They could even trade Irving and Hayward to get even more picks.

Great game from Boston. Looks like picking the Cavs in 6 was pretty wrong.

The series shifts to Cleveland; one would think that the role players for Cavs play better, and the role players for the Celtics play worse. Lebron got his triple double, but had 6 TO's and took way too many jumpers. I know that he started 5 of 6, and even had a lucky bounce on a three, but he went 4-15 after that early start. He took 21 jumpers and 8 layups. I still think Cleveland wins this series. Boston will need to get one in Cleveland, because I think the Cavs will get one in Boston if they don't.

The series shifts to Cleveland; one would think that the role players for Cavs play better, and the role players for the Celtics play worse. Lebron got his triple double, but had 6 TO's and took way too many jumpers. I know that he started 5 of 6, and even had a lucky bounce on a three, but he went 4-15 after that early start. He took 21 jumpers and 8 layups. I still think Cleveland wins this series. Boston will need to get one in Cleveland, because I think the Cavs will get one in Boston if they don't.

Gross.

ADVERTISEMENT