ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland - Boston. Who ya got?

I disagree. The best team in the east just got swept 0-4. I would put the Pelicans, the Rockets, the Jazz, and the Warriors above every team in the east. Watching the play off's on the east side has been like watching a mid major conference tournament. A lot of really bad basketball where teams can't hit the bright side of a barn.
And the #3 and #4 teams in the west are on par with the top of the east. The #3 team and #4 in the west lost first round. #3 even got swept by a #6 seed that was without it's second best player who is all-nba caliber player.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
East vs. West this year: 213-237
East vs. West teams other than Golden State or Houston: 204-186

Like I said, the East is pretty comparable to the West outside of Houston and Golden State. And frankly, head to head, it's actually better.

Hell, 10 of the 15 teams in the East had a .500 or better record against the non-HOU/GSW West, only 8 East teams finished the year .500 overall. And even shit tier teams the Knicks and the Hawks nearly went .500 at 12-14, and the Hawks were blatantly tanking the season.

Additionally, Toronto swept Houston! First matchup Chris Paul didn't play. The second matchup they had a full roster, and that was one of Houston's only five losses (that's five in the regular season and playoffs combined) when playing all three of Harden, Paul, and Capela.

The West is better because they have the clear two best teams in the league, but after that the discrepancy between the two is non-existent.

It's staggering how good the Celtics have been despite losing their two best players to season ending injuries. Never seen anything like it.

Imagine this team with a healthy Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward.

Reactions: d2atTech
It's staggering how good the Celtics have been despite losing their two best players to season ending injuries. Never seen anything like it.

They doesn’t mean they would’ve been a better Team.

I actually think that the injuries could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Even with a healthy Irving and Hayward, the Celtics ceiling this year was the finals. It's just very hard to imagine them beating Golden State or Houston. The way it looks now, they might hit that ceiling despite the injuries, and the Celtics get the benefit of a HUGE bump in the development of Tatum and Jaylen Brown, who are really the 2 guys who were asked to step it up a notch in the playoffs.

Reactions: UKcats1988
I want the Celtics to win the series but I’m skeptical. Not going to be the prisoner of the moment fan just because they won game one in blow out fashion (same thing happened to thme Cavs Vs the Pacers remember). Probably going to be a 7 game series

Reactions: KYNC89
Tatum and Horford have been so good these playoffs. Brown and Rozier have both been pretty good too. The future in Boston is really bright with Tatum, Brown, Irving, Hayward.

I want the Celtics to win the series but I’m skeptical. Not going to be the prisoner of the moment fan just because they won game one in blow out fashion (same thing happened to thme Cavs Vs the Pacers remember). Probably going to be a 7 game series

Cavs needed help to get by the Pacers. Will they get the same help again? Im guessing so but we shall see.

Last edited:
At least Lebron showed up to take that 1 charge today. How you going to be the GOAT when you play defense like he did today. On the bright side though is when James goes back and sees his performance from today he'll be a much more aggressive player.than he was today. I know. He had 7 boards and 9 assists. He also had 7 turnovers, played terrible defense, and shot bad. With the amount of possessions in an NBA game and playing 36 minutes youll have that that production.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
At least Lebron showed up to take that 1 charge today. How you going to be the GOAT when you play defense like he did today. On the bright side though is when James goes back and sees his performance from today he'll be a much more aggressive player.than he was today. I know. He had 7 boards and 9 assists. He also had 7 turnovers, played terrible defense, and shot bad. With the amount of possessions in an NBA game and playing 36 minutes youll have that that production.
He isn’t. Magic, bird, and Jordan were all better.

I'll take LeBron over Magic. Not sure about Bird... He's not the shooter Bird was. A little harder for me to compare him to Jordan, since he's smaller/different position, but if I had to pick only one of them in their prime to be on my team, I'd pick Jordan.

Remember the time any of those guys lost to a team in the playoffs by 25pt with 2 of its best players on the bench?
I don't remember a time when any of those guys appeared in 7 straight NBA finals.

I do remember the Lakers losing twice to the Rockets, including 1981, when the Rockets went 40-42.

And I also remember the Celtics getting swept by Milwaukee in 1983.

Hate makes you stupid.

Reactions: Mr_GG
I just want to see it..I just want to see Leflop get elbowed right in the chops by Dennis Rodman and then the Bad Boy Pistons..Rodman, John Salley, Bill Laimbeer, and Rick Mahorn just gang tackle him like they were Jordan for two years..Leflop would not be able to take it..Leboooooooo would cry to the refs and run to the locker room. Just one time..I just wish I could see it.

Robert Parish or Bird would knock the shit out of him if he tried mouthing off to them. That'd be pretty sweet to see too.

He better not step up to that punk, Latrell Sprewell..Sprewell and his posse would make quick work of Bron Bron. Iverson would cross Leflop even easier than he did Jordan (Once)....

I don't remember a time when any of those guys appeared in 7 straight NBA finals.

I do remember the Lakers losing twice to the Rockets, including 1981, when the Rockets went 40-42.

And I also remember the Celtics getting swept by Milwaukee in 1983.

Hate makes you stupid.

Dude, chill a bit...just love trollin you Bronnies. You'd think I insulted your gf or something by how quickly some of you guys jump to his defense.

Didn't see this thread before the series started, but I had the Celtics winning in 5. They will win Tuesday and win one of two games in Cleveland. Very similar to the last series. Cleveland's defense is poor and it's especially bad against Boston given the matchups.

The guy who really killed the Celtics last year was not LeBron, it was Kyrie. And to a lesser degree Tristan Thompson. Danny Ainge got Aron Baynes to match up with Thompson and took Kyrie away from them.

People keep sleeping on the Celtics because of who they don't have playing now. Is anyone actually watching Jaylen Brown in this postseason? So much attention is going to Tatum and Rozier, and they have been amazing, but my goodness Brown is incredible. Anytime he shoots I feel confident it's going in. His shots barely move the net. He actually blocked a shot and forced a bunch of turnovers too.

Dude, chill a bit...just love trollin you Bronnies. You'd think I insulted your gf or something by how quickly some of you guys jump to his defense.
Not a Bronnie.

Just anti-dumbass.

Your compatriot haters followed up nicely in proving my point about how hate makes you stupid, BTW.

Bird didn’t wasn’t even smart enough or have the will power to keep himself in good shape when his job was as a professional athlete. Pretty sad.

The Celtics players praise Brad Stevens and his play calling, which is unbelievable to hear at the pro level. Any level, really. Stevens has complete support from every guy on the Celtics roster which will probably be the difference maker in this series. People keep pointing out how dominant this team would be if Hawyard and Irving were healthy. They most likely would be better, but the current chemistry on the Celtics right now is tough to beat. Horford has taken on the leadership role, Rozier has emerged as a guy who is about to get paid next year and Tatum is looking like the best rookie of this stacked class. Despite having two perennial all-stars on the bench with injuries, I don't think the drop-off is as significant as most think. And a lot of that goes back to coaching and the adjustments Stevens has made with his roster. Ainge should also be credited for putting together a superior lineup. Yes, the Cavs have the best player on the planet and one of the best to ever play. But his supporting cast is not getting it done and the Celtics have waves of better players to throw at Cleveland for the entire game. I say the Celtics win in 6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT