ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Fredrick

Mar 1, 2021

I have heard from a few Iowa folks this is what they are hearing as well (transferring), but the Kentucky part may still be up in the air. One person from the Cincy area is saying he’s heard Louisville is in play due to the Mack connection back when he was at Xavier

This year his stats dropped off he averaged 7.5 points and 1.9 assists per game last year he averaged 10.2 points and 2.8 assists per game. So I do think we have better players that we can go after that are in the transfer portal.

Supposedly Powell saw himself as only being around one more year. We don’t need anymore guys that arrive on campus with one foot out the door. And Powell wasn’t nearly good enough at auburn to justify that headache.

Fredrick has been a solid role player for a very good team the last two seasons and would have 3 years of eligibility left since this season didn’t count against anyone’s eligibility.

This year his stats dropped off he averaged 7.5 points and 1.9 assists per game last year he averaged 10.2 points and 2.8 assists per game. So I do think we have better players that we can go after that are in the transfer portal.

We need role players too. This kid has basketball iq. His A/T was 5x last season. He is a great shooter.

Supposedly Powell saw himself as only being around one more year. We don’t need anymore guys that arrive on campus with one foot out the door. And Powell wasn’t nearly good enough at auburn to justify that headache.

Fredrick has been a solid role player for a very good team the last two seasons and would have 3 years of eligibility left since this season didn’t count against anyone’s eligibility.
This is exactly what I believe it was. Look, he’s gonna be a really good college player. Now, the NBA after basically one season. Meh, I’m not putting any stock in that.

Powell’s dad is a piece of work - based upon prior conduct, my guess is he was making certain demands. Plus the kid has transferred after a single year at every school he’s attended since 8th grade (one exception - he was at Trinity for 2 years). I really like Powell’s game, but he’s not worth all that.

He plays defense as well as poked through condom. So Cal will not recruit him. Also he would start lmao. Kid is way better than grady
Powell is way better than Grady?! I’m not so sure about all that. He may be better, but way better? Grady is a pretty damn good ball player IMO.

Or are you talking about CJ? Either way, I don’t believe either one are way better than Grady. That’s JMO.

Powell is way better than Grady?! I’m not so sure about all that. He may be better, but way better? Grady is a pretty damn good ball player IMO.

Or are you talking about CJ? Either way, I don’t believe either one are way better than Grady. That’s JMO.
Fred. Iowa can shoot the rock.

Iowa could have a mass exodus at guard if Jordan Bohannon announces his return to their program. Between he and the eldest McCaffery kid playing far too many minutes-they are problems for the program moving forward.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow

Last edited:
Surprised that with all the talk of "wanting more shooters" and "Can't shoot. I'll pass." posts that some on this board would balk at the idea of a 47% 3-Point Shooter who contributed on a good team.

Not that I believe that tweet is a reliable source, but I'd be more than happy with Fredrick as long as we bring in a good PG along with him.

Cal has done a pretty good job of weeding out the knuckleheads. Many times we find out later why the staff passed on a player. Lots of red flags with Powell, I'll go with Cal on this one.
You are correct, as there definitely appears to be red flags. Powell seems to be a nomad that is never going to settle in. Who knows the reason, but it begs the question.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT