ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Fredrick

He was always likely going to play for Iowa because of family connections to Fran McCaffery.

He is not close to Herro. You can't project a kids production with 100% accuracy. I'm sure the coaches were aware of him and went after better players. You can't hold it against the staff if a lightly recruited kid turns out better than people though. He's had a couple nice games but has also had 5 or less in a bunch of games. Average 10 pts a game so far this year.

Reactions: IrishMike409
He isn't better than the guys we have or any of the guys we have coming in.

Why would a kid like that go somewhere and knowingly be third best at his own position? They want to play.

The real question is why do our fans view players as commodities to be obtained and not actualized human beings who have priorities and make decisions?

He is not close to Herro. You can't project a kids production with 100% accuracy. I'm sure the coaches were aware of him and went after better players. You can't hold it against the staff if a lightly recruited kid turns out better than people though. He's had a couple nice games but has also had 5 or less in a bunch of games. Average 10 pts a game so far this year.
Typical stat lines for a freshman who has some upside but growing pains as well. Will be around more than a year and pay dividends down the road.

Nice player but you probably wouldn’t be asking about him if Dontaie Allen was healthy. Curiously Frederick was redshirted as a frosh at Iowa because of injury. Looking more and more like that might be the case with Allen. :grimace:
Still hoping he can play this season though time is running out.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
He isn't better than the guys we have or any of the guys we have coming in.

Why would a kid like that go somewhere and knowingly be third best at his own position? They want to play.

The real question is why do our fans view players as commodities to be obtained and not actualized human beings who have priorities and make decisions?

Right now he would be a better option and be more productive than Juzang or Whitney.

Right now he would be a better option and be more productive than Juzang or Whitney.
Maybe if healthy and with some game experience.
Only 15 games left and we don't have much margin for error.
Little to no chance he gets in a game this year.

Well do we have any guards that can get us 10 pts a night? I don't know why Cal doesn't recruit ________ ______
fill in the blank 3* that has a good game

The same reason UC or Xavier didn’t get him when he was in their backyard.

I’m guessing there were concerns about his ability to play D1 Defense for Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT