ADVERTISEMENT

Citrus Bowl bound!

I'll be there. Anyone have good list for parking. So far that's the only thing I haven't decided on yet. A couple years ago for the Tax Slayer bowl someone posted some good info about parking on the other side of the river in Jacksonville and using the river taxi into the stadium. That worked out better than anything I would have come up with on my own. We need to see if anyone local to Orlando has similar good advice. By all means please post it.

I'll be there. Anyone have good list for parking. So far that's the only thing I haven't decided on yet. A couple years ago for the Tax Slayer bowl someone posted some good info about parking on the other side of the river in Jacksonville and using the river taxi into the stadium. That worked out better than anything I would have come up with on my own. We need to see if anyone local to Orlando has similar good advice. By all means please post it.
We’re Ubering from the hotel.

Reactions: denhunter
MEME2018-12-18-05-59-16.jpg

I was going to Fort Lauderdale anyway. 3 1/2 drive. Not too much partying on New Years, gotta get up and be on the road early.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Jealous of all my big blue friends that are going. Have fun, get crazy and Ho Big Blue!

looks like ol Blueballz got a New Years pass from the wifey and will be heading down from Dallas to Orlando, Snell Yeah!!! Time to watch the Cats kick some ass!
From Dallas too. Just moved here. In Plano. You know of any good watch spots for UK?

From Dallas too. Just moved here. In Plano. You know of any good watch spots for UK?
It’s been a while since I’ve been, but I believe there is a big group that regularly meets at Austin Avenue in Plano. In the past, I’d see quite a big group for basketball games, not so much for football.

I live 15 minutes away. On January 15, it will an hour and 15. The free shuttle (LYNX) is always crowded with friendly people and beats the hell out that parking mess that will add an hour or so to your game. Orlando 'prides' itself in having the worst traffic south of Boston, and I-4 right thru town is under construction. Don't park in anyone's offered front yard, or only if you are driving in a 82 Toyota with broken windows. Park downtown, take the LYNX or a Uber from your hotel.

Got tickets close enough to be on TV...yeah, baby!

I live 15 minutes away. On January 15, it will an hour and 15. The free shuttle (LYNX) is always crowded with friendly people and beats the hell out that parking mess that will add an hour or so to your game. Orlando 'prides' itself in having the worst traffic south of Boston, and I-4 right thru town is under construction. Don't park in anyone's offered front yard, or only if you are driving in a 82 Toyota with broken windows. Park downtown, take the LYNX or a Uber from your hotel.

Got tickets close enough to be on TV...yeah, baby!
I'm parking at Amway Center parking lot and taking the shuttle. I believe it's the same shuttle that comes from downtown.

I'm parking at Amway Center parking lot and taking the shuttle. I believe it's the same shuttle that comes from downtown.
I am taking my neighborhood bus (one block), then the shuttle from the downtown station where it will be empty. I expect the worst part will be the one block from the local bus back to the house, because I expect my flask will be empty. :)

The shuttle also stops right in front of the GEICO park-o-rama. So there is no more walking through Paramore anymore.

https://citrusbowlorlando.com/shuttle/

Sunrail doesn't look like it's running this year. THAT'S the real parking deal if it was offered again.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT