ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Not supported by the quarter numbers - Briscoe match was just the 4th highest rated quarter of the night - and the numbers were pretty steady throughout the whole night and the worst quarter of the night would have been the 4th best quarter this week by a margin 94K viewers

ktg--nsj1FLnFTeemDQEkgY2meUnlasGjrDe8f9VKJ1XcUIYDRv6cotso9dDjFdb1x_Rc5V2N7tX4DFBeBCOFhrSsbhCswHQK2GJ_gqu4-qbPxKZDnT-TMwOtGXiMCn1U74m0Ztw6soxQ3Xy7F2geYPTs4k1jzxPNKmXRTSZjahu1BEr-iJArMmQrg9dFg

This week actually started out pretty strong and comparable to last week, then the Brian Cage vs. Takeshita match drove people away en masse in what has to be one of the biggest quarter hour drops I have ever seen for Dynamite. After that Cage/Takeshita quarter, the numbers for total viewership rose or fell pretty close to the same rate they have been for the previous 4 week average.

Though total viewership was much worse compared to the previous four weeks than the demo, so it was mostly the 50+ tuning out starting at the 8:45 quarter. 18-49 demo stayed relatively close to what they've been doing the past four weeks, and the 8:30 quarter actually exceeded previous 4 week performance.

kKcRklH8ZVEN7pbPle0h70WeF_9u9NBKQlnyWT0pzrwPDgYhHTBfIVGh4__v5X7XgH9JgDDWcEpM-RHTWSPDA2ATfvbZE8NJ-ZMHzQHozE2sVQj7X2zGIF_TuZMkD2dh4sl7ZG3hZUk586DV-L6FlZ8

Not supported by the quarter numbers - Briscoe match was just the 4th highest rated quarter of the night - and the numbers were pretty steady throughout the whole night and the worst quarter of the night would have been the 4th best quarter this week by a margin 94K viewers

ktg--nsj1FLnFTeemDQEkgY2meUnlasGjrDe8f9VKJ1XcUIYDRv6cotso9dDjFdb1x_Rc5V2N7tX4DFBeBCOFhrSsbhCswHQK2GJ_gqu4-qbPxKZDnT-TMwOtGXiMCn1U74m0Ztw6soxQ3Xy7F2geYPTs4k1jzxPNKmXRTSZjahu1BEr-iJArMmQrg9dFg

This week actually started out pretty strong and comparable to last week, then the Brian Cage vs. Takeshita match drove people away en masse in what has to be one of the biggest quarter hour drops I have ever seen for Dynamite. After that Cage/Takeshita quarter, the numbers for total viewership rose or fell pretty close to the same rate they have been for the previous 4 week average.

Though total viewership was much worse compared to the previous four weeks than the demo, so it was mostly the 50+ tuning out starting at the 8:45 quarter. 18-49 demo stayed relatively close to what they've been doing the past four weeks, and the 8:30 quarter actually exceeded previous 4 week performance.

kKcRklH8ZVEN7pbPle0h70WeF_9u9NBKQlnyWT0pzrwPDgYhHTBfIVGh4__v5X7XgH9JgDDWcEpM-RHTWSPDA2ATfvbZE8NJ-ZMHzQHozE2sVQj7X2zGIF_TuZMkD2dh4sl7ZG3hZUk586DV-L6FlZ8
Hell I don't know dude. How about global warming? That's always something good to blame things on.

Reactions: Wesley91581

Meh oh well tweet uncle Dave and ask him

Wrestling fans are such snobs. I notice this most whenever I watch wrestling around casual fans.

The rumble got a huge reaction from the group of 5-6 people I was around. Everyone loves Cody. He is relatable. The Logan Paul and Ricochet spot got a big reaction.

People were underwhelmed by the Bray Wyatt match and then the post match thing happened and that quickly flipped. I was getting questions about who Howdy was and who the group of people were standing over them. They were all intrigued by Wyatt's character and I think most wrestling fans groan at supernatural stuff but I'm just here to tell you.....you are wrong. Supernatural characters bring in the casual audience. The fiend did the same thing, and people can complain about the booking but its difficult to book characters that aren't human.

No one cared about the women's matches. They liked Rhea and Asuka and that was about it. They said everyone else was boring including Bayley and Becky.

They all went crazy for Sami and the Roman/KO match.
So because your casual friends liked it, means I can’t?

Any of you guys watch Young Rock?

This last episode on Pat Patterson and Andre was really ****in good.

Last edited:
The casting in this show is incredible man. Really good acting for a tv show basically about wrestling.

Takeshita has nice matches, but he hadn't yet won on TV. Cage has pretty much been a JTTS. I can understand why people changed the channel.
He's won twice on Rampage. They need to give him a manager until he gets more comfortable cutting a promo in English. They were going to do something with him and Don Callis, even went out to PWG's Battle of LA to record stuff for it, but seems like they decided to just drop that since nothing has come of it.

He's won twice on Rampage. They need to give him a manager until he gets more comfortable cutting a promo in English. They were going to do something with him and Don Callis, even went out to PWG's Battle of LA to record stuff for it, but seems like they decided to just drop that since nothing has come of it.
He's either going Elite or BCC.

If he's not going with Danielson, it's a swerve just for the sake of a swerve.

BUT

I can see a BCC split on the horizon. Though only after BCC-Elite Blood and Guts.
this is what i've been saying for awhile now! If you want ratings... if you want pop... if you want eyes on your product... YOUR BEST SHOT IS ELITE VS BCC! The hangman stuff could lead to him joining back to the Elite because he can't beat Mox. If you go Kenny, bucks, hangman vs Danielson, Mox, Yuta, Claudio... people will watch. That's your big stars in a big feud. If you wanna go 5v5, add Cole to the Elite and Takeshita to the BCC... even better. More stars... it's a no brainer.

Takeshita has nice matches, but he hadn't yet won on TV. Cage has pretty much been a JTTS. I can understand why people changed the channel.
Not even to a star. To an up-and-comer (Takeshita) who was himself brought in as a JTTS.

Brian Cage is the toy that quickly got eclipsed by newer, more expensive toys and never got much of a push, then got shelved when his wife complained in social media about it. Now it looks like he's going out (his contract expires very soon) on his back.

You mean the guy that comes up with a derogatory nickname for everyone that wouldn't fit into Smokey Mountain Wrestling?

Pass.
I mean, he is a pretty damn good wrestling historian though. And Meltzer did take the ratings system from one of Cornette's buddies and over the years has bastardized it to the point that a great match (most won't remember in a decade) is now something like 8.25 stars. If you keep upping your own ratings system, then it sorta renders the whole thing meaningless.

They actually have a bunch of stuff announced for Raw this evening.

Becky Lynch vs. Bayley in a Steel Cage Match.
Mia Yim vs. Piper Niven vs. Candice LeRae vs. Carmella in a Fatal Four Way to qualify for the Elimination Chamber match.
Montez Ford vs. Elias to qualify for the Elimination Chamber match.
Damian Priest vs. Angelo Dawkins qualify for the Elimination Chamber match.

Haven't heard anything about them breaking them up. But since Montez and Bianca have some reality show coming up there were plans to give him a bit of a singles push.
Ya I think it’s been a couple years they’ve contemplated Montez going solo

WWE needs to start establishing some more stars with that old ass roster. Most of the sub-35-year-olds they have aren't fit to be stars. Montez at least has that potential.

WWE needs to start establishing some more stars with that old ass roster. Most of the sub-35-year-olds they have aren't fit to be stars. Montez at least has that potential.
Yup agree but they keep bringing back these old stars for nostalgia but hopefully with hhh they usher in more of the young guys

Cody, Austin Theory, Bron Breakker, Montez Ford, Grayson Waller, and MJF will keep the train rolling for the foreseeable future in WWE. Not to mention I’m sure they will have plenty of talent coming through the ranks.

Nothing official but there's a couple of reports saying Jerry Lawler had a stroke last night and is hospitalized in Florida. Ricky Morton posted this a little while ago.

Cody, Austin Theory, Bron Breakker, Montez Ford, Grayson Waller, and MJF will keep the train rolling for the foreseeable future in WWE. Not to mention I’m sure they will have plenty of talent coming through the ranks.
Bron better learn how to cut a promo then. The below is trifling for something that wasn't aired live. Can't even pronounce Carmelo Hayes' name right and stumbles over it like he's trying to pronounce some Icelandic name that has a million silent letters. Carmelo is one word you idiot, not two.

Bron better learn how to cut a promo then. The below is trifling for something that wasn't aired live. Can't even pronounce Carmelo Hayes' name right and stumbles over it like he's trying to pronounce some Icelandic name that has a million silent letters. Carmelo is one word you idiot, not two.

The Steiners have never been known to be the sharpest tools. I’d not rush him up the roster though. You still have enough top end talent right now. Everyone wants to hotshot up to the main roster but he should take advantage of the PC. I hope they don’t have Hayes beat him and then bring him up after mania. Wait a year or two. He’s just 25. Let him cook, work at his mic skills in promo class and build him into a monster. Maybe a shot on raw or SD every now and again but be patient with him.

Reactions: CrittendenWildcat
All jokes aside, please someone explain to me the Austin Theory interest. To me there's nothing about the guy that screams future of the company. He's not even the type of heel you love to hate or anything like that. To me he's a bathroom break, change the channel, or fast forward type of person.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
ADVERTISEMENT