ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

A little surprised about the New Japan result from last night. Really thought the other person would win.
I thought Kenta was gonna win as well, but in some of these interviews they've been saying Mox has been the key for the NJPW and AEW relationship. NJPW really wants to continue to use Mox as they're really big fans of his and Khan is basically saying if you get access to Mox, we want access too.

Reactions: K-mac18
Probably pretty good odds he’s going have to sell something for Stunt, too. JE/FTR could’ve been a fun little fued, but Stunt brings everything way down.
I agree and have the same concern, but...

FTR needs to go over. The money is them v Bucks in an extended program.

At the same time, JE needs to be strong and come out better than going in.

Reactions: WeWant9
Pretty cool...

The Beer City Bruiser recently spoke with Fightful Selectabout a number of different topics for the publication’s Enhancement Stories, which included the Ring of Honor star revealing his work with WWE as the “Fake Bray Wyatt” during the Eater of Worlds feud with Roman Reigns a few years ago.

Reports are that due to Bruiser’s similar build he was perfect to portray the “Fake Wyatt,” a move that kept communications open for a possible WWE contract. However, ROH offered Bruiser a contract right around that time which he ended up taking.

NJPW is unifying the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental title and giving it a new look. Ibushi will be considered the first champion for it.

Reactions: ryanbruner
I thought that was one of Gallows personal shows and not Impact? Either way Cass got himself into outstanding shape. Good for him.

Bleacher Report may have cost themselves their relationship with AEW yesterday. Last night was the AEW women’s tournament special that was to air worldwide on BR LIVE. Except BR screwed it up and it was only available to US viewers. Not long after this was supposed to start, Khan blasted BR on twitter for screwing up when they’d repeatedly promised everything would go smooth and he put the whole thing on YouTube. He normally doesn’t get pissed like that but he was clearly hot. I don’t think this is the first time AEW has had trouble with BR.

Reactions: ryanbruner
I think Turner has a deal with BR but that wasn’t good last night. Don’t you have to buy the PPV’s through them too?

For those that are on the Twitter, there’s a Memphis Wrasslin Daily which has a lot of great clips they post everyday.

So I are we now having our yearly “Shane McMahon takes a talent’s wrestlemania spot” and working a program with Strowman?

So it's not the product that's the problem, it's the fans???

That's....some take.
Yea I find it funny that this is the take everyone who hates AEW is gravitating towards. The fans I suppose must be wrong....I mean there are some things in the vote that were clearly illogical and fanboyish (like the fiend being voted worst gimmick) but the most hardcore fans are the ones who vote on these things and most hardcore fans are watching AEW more than the WWE product. THe first thing Cornette said on his awards podcast was basically that these votes had to be full of shit because he doesn't like the product so why would anyone else. Sound logic.

I've never liked Lashley because he looks like this guy from Double Dragon.

I've never liked Lashley because he looks like this guy from Double Dragon.

Double Dragon? If we are doing video game comparisons he’s straight-up the long-lost third Bruiser Brother from Super Punch Out.

So where does everyone think this is going for WM? Drew vs Lash again? Already had that feud once. Someone else?

Bruiser Brothers wear baggy shorts so my mind doesn't automatically go to them. Plus I never actually got to fight the Bruisers because of that a**hole with the stick.

Reactions: sefus12
Lashley and Stroman/Drew and Sheamus.
I hope not. I think Drew deserves to win the belt from an “invincible” Lashley at WM to get that moment he didn’t get last year. Otherwise him losing to Miz feels really unfair to Drew.

I think Strowman faces Shane. Would love to see Kross at WM.

I’m hoping this is the case, if there’s smoke there’s fire and NXT goes to Tuesday. Will suck for Impact, but let’s be honest. Impact is trying their hardest just to get people to watch.

I’m hoping this is the case, if there’s smoke there’s fire and NXT goes to Tuesday. Will suck for Impact, but let’s be honest. Impact is trying their hardest just to get people to watch.
Tony needs to buy impact.....move it to a different night and make it their second brand. It’s the only way it survives through this.

NXT Tonight
WWE Women's Tag Team Champions "My Hole" & Shayna Baszler vs. Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez.
WWE NXT Tag Team Champions Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch vs. Tommaso Ciampa & Timothy Thatcher (non-title).
Therapy session for The Way

AEW
Shaq & Jade vs. Cody Rhodes & Red Velvet- will kick off the show
FTR & Tully Blanchard vs. The Jurassic Express.
AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament Final: Ryo MIzunami vs. Nyla Rose.
Hangman Page & John Silver vs. Matt Hardy & Marq Quen
Preston Vance vs. Max Caster to earn a place in the AEW Revolution PPV Ladder match for a future TNT Title match.
Chris Jericho & MJF Press Conference

I have to say that match was a whole lot better than I thought it would be.
Wouldn’t mind seeing Shaq in the ring again.

Reactions: Fast3ddy
ADVERTISEMENT