ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Figured Omega was winning, but that's not the way I would have done it. Interested to see where this goes. Lots of Bullet Club history to play off with Impact. Maybe it was Gallows and Anderson that beat up Moxley.

Reactions: Fast3ddy
Figured Omega was winning, but that's not the way I would have done it. Interested to see where this goes. Lots of Bullet Club history to play off with Impact. Maybe it was Gallows and Anderson that beat up Moxley.

I was hoping Kenta, but this may be the beginning of something bigger here. This is gonna be interesting.

That Sting entrance with the snow and him walking up to everyone in each corner of the ring and stopping at Darby to look him over was one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a very long time. I got chills.

The main event was bittersweet. I love Omega winning but I don’t like how it happened. All they had to was have the Cleaner version of Omega come out and win with the help of all Elite members turning them all heel. It was simple and they didn’t do it.

Of all companies to partner with and they pick the one that brings the least to the table. AEW gets nothing from this other than Impacts women which is honestly one of the best women’s divisions. But still, it’s freakin women. Who gives a shit. Impact is the one who gets 95% of the benefit from this deal.

THE ONLY THING that has me intrigued is the possible Bullet Club reformation. Tama Tonga tweeted this yesterday and tagged Omega and Anderson did too. I’m guessing Anderson was Omegas hired hitman. Karl and Mox were going to feud had the good Bros not resigned with wwe last year.

I think they went with impact because of covid. I truly think NJPW woulda been the go to if it wasn’t for the travel restrictions. Look Tony is a huge fan of the old territory days. I think he’s trying to bring it back and be The Godfather sitting at the head of the table when all the promotions start working together. He’s going after WWE by going back in time it appears. Destroy Vince with what he destroyed.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Hell I would have even been happy with RoH over impact. Atleast it would bring Scurll and the Elite back together whenever he comes back to tv. We better get a BC reformation out of the impact deal is all I can say. Impact and njpw are currently working together and Okada’s name was mentioned numerous times on Dynamite tonight so hopefully it’ll happen.

Btw, I thought it was storyline during the moment but Kenny evidently really hurt his eye on that space heater bump. His eye looked kinda bad when he looked at the hard cam and raised the belt. I just wonder if they ended the match a bit early because of it. They’d said for over a day that tnt would stay with the match even if it went past 10 yet it pretty much finished on time.

I’m curious where they go with Mox from here. He going to feud with Omega for a while?

I thought that was one of the better shows AEW has done in awhile. I pretty much enjoyed everything from start to finish. Mox/Omega was fun, not sure on the ending but I’ll see where they go with it. Will probably tune into Impact for this first time in years Tuesday.

I don't like AEW but it was cool to see Sting come back out. I also liked Ambrose's subtle tribute to Pat Patterson with the "make em go banana" line.

Reactions: sefus12 and K-mac18
I wasnt a huge fan of this episode, BUT

I love the idea of AEW working with Impact. I also want them to work with NWA and ROH.

NJPW? I get it, but it doesn't attract new fans IMO, instead it makes existing AEW fans happier.

My qualms with the show?

I don't care for battle royals and the ring reminds me of Battle Bowl (and DDP). I appreciate it furthering angles though.

Jericho is starting to grate on me.

Hybrid 2 are meh, and the rapping guy just made me miss young, heel Cena.

Women's match... I like Britt.

Title match?

It was fine but the finish bothered me...

Sting? He is old and I lost my love for him 20 years ago.

But - I want to know what happens next. That's a good thing.

Who is the guy who ripped off Cena with the chain and terrible rap?

Sting will be 62 in March - use him accordingly.
His name is Max Caster. The other guy is the one who will probably end up being the star of the two, Anthony Bowens. I thought the rap was funny. The Bucks are ribbed for that cover a lot. Matt Jackson saying “didn’t someone already do this gimmick” was good too. Anyway, they’ve been on Dark for a couple months and have gotten over pretty good.
I’m curious where they go with Mox from here. He going to feud with Omega for a while?
He might but he will probably be taking some time off sometime fairly soon since Renee is having a baby.

Tama Tonga trolling... he tagged Vince McMahon on this tweet. 😂 btw it’s crazy how different he looks with short hair and clean shaven. Doesn’t even look like the same guy. This Bullet Club reunion thing might actually be happening. Look at all the current and former BC members in AEW/Impact/NJPW. A lot of them are currently champions. Omega/Bucks/Good Bros/Ishimori hold titles. KENTA will face Mox for the US title. Jay White has a title shot coming up doesn’t he? wouldn’t surprise me if GoD end up getting the IWGP tag titles back soon as well.

Last edited:
Bucks won’t be involved with the new reunion or whatever they’re planning on doing with this. Kenny hopped in that same SUV when they lost their tag titles to FTR. He said if you get in there’s no going back and well they didn’t. They’ve been working on this angle since that night. I’m serious when I say this is TK trying to bring back territories to compete with WWE.

I’m hoping Jericho takes time off soon when MJF takes over the inner circle and Mox takes time off. It’ll be nice to give them a break, bring Brodie back and start focusing again on talent like Team Taz, Jurassic, and all the other shit they’ve got. That’s the nice thing TK seems to be willing to do. He’s willing to give big names time off and go off for a little. He’s confident in his talent top to bottom and is willing to let small names work to become big names. Cage, Starks, Hobbs, Darby, hangman, and other guys can carry the show without some big names

Bucks won’t be involved with the new reunion or whatever they’re planning on doing with this. Kenny hopped in that same SUV when they lost their tag titles to FTR. He said if you get in there’s no going back and well they didn’t. They’ve been working on this angle since that night. I’m serious when I say this is TK trying to bring back territories to compete with WWE.

I’m hoping Jericho takes time off soon when MJF takes over the inner circle and Mox takes time off. It’ll be nice to give them a break, bring Brodie back and start focusing again on talent like Team Taz, Jurassic, and all the other shit they’ve got. That’s the nice thing TK seems to be willing to do. He’s willing to give big names time off and go off for a little. He’s confident in his talent top to bottom and is willing to let small names work to become big names. Cage, Starks, Hobbs, Darby, hangman, and other guys can carry the show without some big names
I know that makes sense with the SUV but at the same time Kenny came out to celebrate with the Bucks when they won the tag titles just like he always would. Plus it would feel so wrong to have Kenny and Bucks split up and on different sides of things. Really hoping they don’t do that.

Ratings haven't been posted yet. Stay tuned...the Showbuzz Daily site will probably crash from all the
wrestling fans looking for last night's numbers.

Did i get caught making out with my son?

Its Dec 1 with a brand new team, not 1 returning player has seen the floor....give it time. Cal isn't God, but he is impressive.
I know that makes sense with the SUV but at the same time Kenny came out to celebrate with the Bucks when they won the tag titles just like he always would. Plus it would feel so wrong to have Kenny and Bucks split up and on different sides of things. Really hoping they don’t do that.
Well Kenny had to play this one close to the chest. Plus it wouldn’t make sense with Kenny going full heel now and Bucks have gone baby face, heelish, baby face. Just let em stay baby face. AEW is going to get a huge facelift as far as main event scene goes.

Sorry KMac for stealing your gimmick. AEW crushed nxt this week. Dynamite also got their highest demo of 2020.

AEW: 913,000 & 0.42 Demo
Nxt: 658,000 & 0.16 Demo

Also it came out yesterday that Nielsen update the cable ratings from last week and Dynamite went up 2.000 viewers, tying them with nxt. 😂 Triple H would probably liked to have had that count stopped.

Last edited:
No worries Showbuzz Daily still hasn’t posted them. I saw Alvarez had them but was wondering where he got them from.

I don’t know much about the North, but I’ve seen people be pretty positive on them. Hoping MCMG can somehow get involved in this AEW/Impact thing.

Not sure how I feel about this one but reading the tea leaves, Kurt Angle could be the next legend to end up in AEW/Impact. Vince wanted him to mentor Matt Riddle and maybe even be his manager but Kurt turned it down saying he had ‘other plans.’ He’s been posting videos of himself working and getting in shape. Lastly, he and Wardlow are evidently big buddies and have been training together.

I guess I’d be fine with him in AEW as long as he’s not in title matches and main events, which I don’t think he would be. Still, there’s other people I’d rather have before him like Tessa/Scurll/Ibushi/Ospreay/Jay White and a few others.

Last edited:
I'd be fine with him wrestling another match, because it is a damn travesty his last match was against Baron Corbin. But he has no business being a full time wrestler anymore.
Agreed! They did him so wrong having his last match being with Corbin. Hell have him go over if that’s who he’s facing. Everything I’ve heard about that says Kurt was very unhappy with Corbin being his last match. I could be wrong and misremembering this but I think he wanted to go out with a win as well but understood the tradition of losing the last match. Pretty sure it was him that said it.

Sting broke the record for most shirts sold in a 24 hour period on prowrestlingtees.com

He did it in a little under 12 hours as well. That’s incredible considering how fast and how many shirts the Bucks have sold. Kenny as well. And evidently Orange Cassidy has been their top seller for 2020 from what I read. That could be wrong but I doubt it considering how over he’s been since day 1.

Anyway, AEW will probably probably get the money they spent signing Sting back in merch sales pretty easily.

Damn I wouldn’t have had a clue this was RVD if I hadn’t read it. He was just wrestling on Impact a couple months ago I thought and looked relatively ok and like he used to, just a bit heavier and older. But this is another level.

The North was probably my favorite tag team from the last year.
I think Ethan Page had contact with someone who had ‘Rona, so he said he was done for the year.

Showbuzz finally posted Wednesday’s ratings. Dynamite was second only to college basketball in the 18-49.

The New York Times put the Jericho-MJF singalong as one of their 20 best things of the year.

I guess I may be the only person on the planet that is ready to stop seeing Uso near the top of a card. The Reigns/Uso stuff was good for a time, but I'm really ready to move on. Uso just doesn't scream "one of the top guys" to me.

I guess I may be the only person on the planet that is ready to stop seeing Uso near the top of a card. The Reigns/Uso stuff was good for a time, but I'm really ready to move on. Uso just doesn't scream "one of the top guys" to me.

Yes I agree - hopefully he will move on to something else other than Uso but Reigns has been crushing this new character.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT